My U2 Moment!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
There was a party last night at my work for a woman who is leaving. I don't work directly with her, and I haven't been here very long, and I was very tired yesterday so I decided not to go. A few moments ago my boss called me into his office to show me the slide show that he created for the occasion. It contained pictures of politicians wishing her luck at her new jon, and some older pictures of her.One of the pictures was Bono and the Edge on the podium (from last years grammy's), and the quote said "Thanks for having the party on Thursday night, instead of Wednesday. We couldn't really get out of the Grammy awards". My boss has no idea that I am a U2 fan. When I was leaving his office though I said. "You did a great job on that, but I can't belive that Bono was in town and didn't give me a call"!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
When I was leaving his office though I said. "You did a great job on that, but I can't belive that Bono was in town and didn't give me a call"!!!

what was her response?

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

He just sort of chuckled!!

Perhaps he is a U2 fanatic too, and I didn't know. I was very surprised that it had pictures of the Prime Minister, the Leader of the Alliance Party, George Bush, The Mayor of T.O, and Bono and the Edge!!! He could have used any celebrities, but he choose our boys!!!

It was funny too because when he brought up the slide show I recognized the picture right away even though it was one of 24 pictures thumbnail size!!

LOL Spinny!!
That's what I call super sight. Wonder why...
wink.gif

Don't you love how everyone who aren't really U2 fans associate anything U2-ey with you?

Like yesterday morning, people kept calling me and congratulating ME for U2's grammy wins. Like I actually had something to do with it. I was all, 'Yes, thank you. I'll tell them you sent your regards'.

Or they would say, "Hey, saw U2 on TV last night and I thought about you"

Love it.

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

They do that to me too! Same thing with dancers at the ballet. They come up and comment on my fave's performance and offer suggestions for improvement, as if I were their manager or something!

Spinning, sounds like a great U2 moment!
smile.gif

Originally posted by u2loopy:
Like yesterday morning, people kept calling me and congratulating ME for U2's grammy wins.

In my friend Meghan's Current Issues class-- I don't know what they were talking about, but she said the teacher asked who liked U2, and half the class said ME.
biggrin.gif
aw. I'm the psychotic one who's in love with a 40yr old
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

?Naughty pop star? ~Bono
The Man Corral

Back
Top Bottom