My show went great!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Hey, remember that art show in July that I was so nervous about? Well, it went great! I sold both my paintings in the silent auction as well as some ceramic tiles in the student art category! This is great!

Yeah, so far I have a perfect record in silent auctions! I've sold everything I've ever had in them. I'm already doing better than van Gogh did, poor guy. He only sold one painting during his lifetime.

Yeah, what's really cool is that I've been added to two more sessions at the studio, because it's been proven that I can sell paintings. We split our earnings with the studio, which is only fair because they actually get our supplies, which aren't cheap. Plus they have to pay salaries, etc, etc, it's a non-profit organization to help autistics, actually. Alot of us make, uh, pretty good artists because we have visual heads rather than verbal ones. It's hard to describe, I am not a mental health professional. We get to work at the studio, and feel good about ourselves because we are getting work done, and then sell our paintings and get paid for them! We have an amazing artist from Lima, Peru, named Ines Orihuela. She's fantastic. She's got lots of fans in Birmingham and even other cities. Ines has trouble communicating because she is a profound autistic. But she's incredibly talented. She is also a fine singer. We joke that she's going to be a rock star some day. But I'm sure she'd settle for being the next van Gogh or Picasso. I'll get the link for the studio's home page--I don't have it dammit :censored: :censored: handy--if you want to see one of her pix. I'll go find it and post the link.

Neat pictures-I particularly like the "New Testament" one and the butterfly one, but they're all really good :). The people you work with sound really interesting, too. Ines can sing and paint-that's awesome :up:. She's got a couple of areas she can choose for a career if she wishes :D. I like her picture of the girl in the dress.

It sounds like a cool organization that you're a part of there-if I ever am in that area someday for some reason or other, I'll keep an eye out for one of your auctions or something and stop by :D.

Also, congrats on the two new sessions :applaud:.

Angela

The guy who did the "New Testament" piece is Melvin. He's amazing. He also does some really nice icongraphic (pictures of saints) pieces.

Back
Top Bottom