My new U2 tattoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatDubh

Refugee
I got my U2 tattoo too
wink.gif

It's on the back of my neck... heart in a suitcase... I'll post a pic later!

So, who's next??

wink.gif

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone
- Adam Clayton / Passengers

***Sparky's Whore***

If I Didn't Have My Spoons, I'd Go Insane!

Suz!!!!!

You did it!!!! Now I'm jealous... will you come here and talk me into getting one myself???

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Hur er leget? Was it right? Hur ?r l?get?" ~ Bono tries to speak swedish in Stockholm. Hur ?r l?get? means How are you doing? by the way.

I've been wanting to get one for a while now...

------------------
And I have no religion
And I don't know what's what

That's cool Cat....
Actually that's the same place I want to get one....was that a painfull area ?
I'm not sure just yet what I want exactly...but I do want one on the back of my neck...
biggrin.gif

Anxious to see the pics...

How cool!

I wish I had some guts...*sigh*

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Good for you, Cat! You're very brave.

I have been thinking about getting one too. My friend Jeff got Edge to sign his arm, and then he got it tatooed on. I would LOVE to get him to sign me and tatoo it, but Steve would kill me.

Then again...if I got Edge to autograph me in Vegas, and then got "drunk" I wouldn't be held liable, right??
wink.gif
Where would be a good place to get signed though? Tummy? Thigh? Back? Shoulder?

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
I have been thinking about getting one too. My friend Jeff got Edge to sign his arm, and then he got it tatooed on.

eek.gif
I saw him in London!! It can't be more then one guy that have done that. The U2 world is small!!

Back in 97 when I got Bono's autograph, on paper though, I copied it and went to a tatooist(?) and asked to get it tatooed but he refused. He said the usual, what if you don't like U2 in five years.... Oh well, maybe I will get my U2 tatoo one day.
smile.gif

You go for it in Vegas Mrs. Edge!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Hur er leget? Was it right? Hur ?r l?get?" ~ Bono tries to speak swedish in Stockholm. Hur ?r l?get? means How are you doing? by the way.

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
eek.gif
I saw him in London!! It can't be more then one guy that have done that. The U2 world is small!!

Back in 97 when I got Bono's autograph, on paper though, I copied it and went to a tatooist(?) and asked to get it tatooed but he refused. He said the usual, what if you don't like U2 in five years.... Oh well, maybe I will get my U2 tatoo one day.
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

It has almost been 5 years after the attempt to get that tattoo and you are still a U2 fan...My response to the tattooist would have been "look buddy, I have liked them for (fill in the years) and I seriously doubt I will not like them 5 years from now!" Once you are a U2 fan, there is no turning back!
wink.gif

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
It has almost been 5 years after the attempt to get that tattoo and you are still a U2 fan...My response to the tattooist would have been "look buddy, I have liked them for (fill in the years) and I seriously doubt I will not like them 5 years from now!" Once you are a U2 fan, there is no turning back!
wink.gif

I know.... I should go and punhc him in the face because I'm afraid I'm too scared to do it now. Maybe if Cat comes and visit me in December she can convince me to do a tatoo. But it won't be an autograph tough. I think I would choose one of the signs from ATYCLB.

Isn't that wild!!! He's tall with dark hair and he has a One sunflower just above the Edge sig. He was in London, so it must have been him. He's one of my best friends of all time and came to the Toronto shows. That IS a small world.

An Edge tattoo is the ONLY type of tattoo I'd get, but I'd have to think long and hard about it because Steve would be really, really mad.
eek.gif

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
eek.gif

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 11-16-2001).]

Isn't that wild!!! He's tall with dark hair and he has a One sunflower just above the Edge sig. He was in London, so it must have been him. He's one of my best friends of all time and came to the Toronto shows. That IS a small world.

Yupp, it was him, remember the sunflower. It's really cool how everyone in one way or the other know each other. We didn't talk though. I just saw the tattoo and heard him talk to some others beside me in line.

*whispers* How?s it going with my story? Don't want to push you but I'm just so curious about it and I'm sitting on nails waiting for it.
wink.gif

LOL Cat! I know, it's awful when people highjack one's threads! Sorry about that!
smile.gif

MissZooropa, I must admit, I haven't even started your story yet
redface.gif
, but I tend to write stories all in one 4 hour typing frenzy, and not in little bits. I usually spend a few days thinking about a plot and then it all spills out. Your story will work that way too, and I will get busy the minute I get back from Vegas, I promise.

Oki, it's ok. Guess I'm just impatient. I am admiring you for all the work you've done with all the stories so just take your time, I'm not going anywhere. (No doubt about that
frown.gif
)

Oh, sorry Cat.... you know I love you anyway.
wink.gif
Take those photos of your tattoo so we can see it, not only read about it, oki??

------------------

Hey, this thread was about my U2 tattoo! Don't change the subject
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Oh, yeah, and I have to add, that it was our LeMon who drew my tattoo
smile.gif

Thank you, dahhhling!!! Love ya!!

LOL Cat! I know, it's awful when people highjack one's threads! Sorry about that!
smile.gif

MissZooropa, I must admit, I haven't even started your story yet
redface.gif
, but I tend to write stories all in one 4 hour typing frenzy, and not in little bits. I usually spend a few days thinking about a plot and then it all spills out. Your story will work that way too, and I will get busy the minute I get back from Vegas, I promise.

An Edge tattoo is the ONLY type of tattoo I'd get, but I'd have to think long and hard about it because Steve would be really, really mad.
eek.gif

Especially if Edge had signed your thigh!
wink.gif

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic!!!

well, yes and congrats. You got it, girl!!

I?m a chicken and will propably never get a tattoo *sniff

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I want a U2 tattoo but I don't want the suitcase and I don't know what to get. I already have a tattoo and am getting a tattoo of a black rose in tribute to Phil Lynott from Thin Lizzy in about a month but I don't know what to get as a U2 one

I can't get tattoos yet (only 15), but I already got them planned for when I can.....

~ The same sun tattoo Larry has (once I find a good enough pic)
~ A shamrock (for being Irish)
~ My name written in Chinese
~ And a U2 one... maybe the heart suitcase or maybe a title or line from one of their songs...

Can't wait to get 'em! The sun will be the first..... but this is CatDubh's post so I'll stop talking 'bout me....

Anyways, congrats CatDubh! Can't wait to see the pics of the tattoo..... take good care of it and wear it proud! But just imagine what it'll be like when we're all old & we're explaining to our grandkids what the tattoos mean(hopefully they'll know who U2 is....they better!)
biggrin.gif

------------------
~?~*~?~ Katie ~?~*~?~
a little girl with Irish eyes...

We'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like stars in the winter night
One heart
One hope
One love

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Hijja,

There is still no pict about her tattoo, cos its still looks a bit sick:) Hope She will get well soon...

------------------
"I'm the BIGGEST U2 fan in the WORLD!" - LeMon
"I know..." - Bono

Originally posted by Mr_LeMon:
Hijja,

There is still no pict about her tattoo, cos its still looks a bit sick
smile.gif
Hope She will get well soon...

who?s sick, Cat or the tattoo
biggrin.gif

feck, it must hurt like hell to get a tattoo. Cat I?m so proud of you
smile.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

My friend Jill has the MacPhisto face (from HMTMKMKM) on her lower back..I want one!!!

But I'm thinking....what if I regret it later? I think I'll wait till after the tour is over to see how crazy I am...

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
But I'm thinking....what if I regret it later? I think I'll wait till after the tour is over to see how crazy I am...

The thing you have to consider is...what will this look like when I'm forty? Sixty? Not just considering if you still like the band, but what happens to the body part you got tattooed as you age. (Here's a helpful hint: NEVER get a tattoo on your breast!) I suppose it's one thing to get a Joshua Tree on your shoulder, but I'd make sure not to get drunk near any tattto parlors if you've ever even considered, say, getting the PopMart arch tattooed on your arse...
smile.gif

-The Unadorned Echo

------------------
*Echo* The Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

"Romance is dead. Turns out all this time someone had just put sunglasses
on it and propped it up in a chair." -James "Kibo" Parry

"Admit it. You got a stiffy." - Edge

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious! http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 11-20-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom