My Making of the Joshua Tree tape just died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Billie Midol said:

As well as the Bono neck fetish we all seem to have!! :drool: :wink:

Oh yeah! :yes: The NECK and the HAIR together like in those pics, there you go! :cute: :love: :drool: :up:

Queen Bee where have you been? Good to have you and your pics back! :wave: Thanks for posting those hot stills! :bow:

You've been gone awhile and we missed you, and your pics!

Last edited:
miss-U2 said:

i don't see where and when it is :scratch:

It's in the part I think it's near the beginning (but can't check because my tape is dead :( ) where they are in the desert, and someone is talking and Bono is driving the truck with Larry in the back, then something else happens, then they go back to the truck and it's stopping and Bono jumps out! If you can't find it or don't have time to look it's okay. Don't worry about it, you've done enough for me and my broken tape and I appreciate it! :wave: :bow:

I am so going to get fired... I don't have a computer at home any longer and have been going thru major PLEBA withdrawals.
I have to keep looking over my shoulder for my supervisor.
GREAT PICS everyone!! Simply breathtaking. :heart: :heart:

Last edited:
I thought it was but I guess I'm wrong and since my tape is broken I can't check, but I believe you and thanks anyway for your time and trouble. Thanks for all the other stills too! :) :up:

Thanks for looking. I know I've seen it somewhere, does anybody know? :confused: Maybe Outside It's America?

Don't worry about it, thanks anyway! But if you do get the tape, I know you'll love it :drool:

u know what, i am not gonna sleep if i don't find that moment :madspit: it is driving me :crazy:

that's certainly somewhere :huh:

so, bono is driving the truck, exactly as in the still u posted in the first page... then we see larry... and later, we can see bono jumping out of the truck,but what is he doing??? gimme lots of details, i need to find out :hyper: :coocoo:

oh god :ohmy: :lol:

I don't even remember if it's right after the driving part or not :huh: It's buggin' me too :scream: I just know they show him pulling off the road he jumps out and he's all in demin looking hot. I don't remember how long it lasts. Maybe somebody here will read this and tell us so we can stop wondering!

I have a copy of Outside It's America someone on PLEBA made me but my VCR is not working since yesterday when the other tape broke :( I don't want to break another one, I'll try it later with a different tape and see if I can get it going again!

Originally posted by miss-U2
339%3B482723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2327%3D657%3D%3B%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B2%3A%3A4779ot1lsi

While going back through adoring all these stills again I just noticed something else about this series of pics- his eyes are closed in almost all of them, like he's trying to feel the music he's listening to or imagine it in his head, awww :) So even if he didn't have shades we wouldn't see the eyes anyway. Those are my least favorite color of Bono shades, but he looks gorgeous and sexy anyway and the pics are still hot :drool:

*bump* sorry just couldn't let this drop off the page yet, let's leave it up over the weekend maybe some more people will get to see these awesome stills! :happy:

U2Kitten said:
his eyes are closed in almost all of them, like he's trying to feel the music he's listening to or imagine it in his head, awww :)

:yes:. He tends to do that a lot, I've noticed. Particularly in the concert clips and stuff that I've seen on TV-his eyes are closed and he's kinda moving along to the music and everything. "Awww" is right-that's pretty cool the way he gets a feel for the music and stuff.

Angela

Yeah he sings with his eyes closed a lot too. Wonder if he forgot to open them that time he fell off the stage;) Poor Bono:( In concerts people will be shoving signs in his face, but you can see his eyes are shut, and I'm thinking, you're wasting your time, he can't see!

U2Kitten said:
Yeah he sings with his eyes closed a lot too. Wonder if he forgot to open them that time he fell off the stage;) Poor Bono:(

Heh, who knows? Yeah, I feel bad for him when I hear of all the times he's fallen off stages and stuff-that's gotta hurt. :hug: :bono:.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
In concerts people will be shoving signs in his face, but you can see his eyes are shut, and I'm thinking, you're wasting your time, he can't see!

LOL, yeah, would kinda defeat the purpose...course, they're not closed during the entire concert, but yeah, it is funny when they do it while his eyes are closed.

People are funny. :).

Angela

U2Kitten said:
Yeah he sings with his eyes closed a lot too. Wonder if he forgot to open them that time he fell off the stage;) Poor Bono:(

I hope he didn't get hurt too much falling off the stage.
As for the closed eyes,Bono himself seems to find this funny himself. I remember how he laughed and held his hands over Edge's eyes as he held them closed at least a minute during Slane.(don't know which song it was, they were at the tip of the heart) Bono even dropped his mike holding his hands up.:laugh:

greety said:

I hope he didn't get hurt too much falling off the stage.

I think it was just that one time they made the falling video of.:(

As for the closed eyes,Bono himself seems to find this funny himself. I remember how he laughed and held his hands over Edge's eyes as he held them closed at least a minute during Slane.(don't know which song it was, they were at the tip of the heart) Bono even dropped his mike holding his hands up.:laugh:

That's a cute story, I've never seen that, was this on the tape or were you there? Bono probably bet him he couldn't play the song without looking at the guitar:lol: Bono seems to have a thing for blindness, he puts the metaphors in his songs a lot. I think he loves to see and wouldn't want to be blind :( but he likes to play around with the closed eyes thing. Once on the last tour he did Staring at the Sun at the tip of the heart, then at the end where it said 'happy to go blind' he held his arm over his eyes and started stumbling back to the stage like he was blind, but he eventually had to look up so he could see where he was going. He also covered his eyes when he carried the spotlight around during BTBS but I think he was looking under his arm;) He knew where he was walking.

Oh, and speaking of this, I can't help thinking about :drool: :macdevil: :censored:

blindfoldopen.jpg

Thanks again for making these for me girls :) Miss U2, and Queen Bee and Erised and anyone else, any time you have more stills for us we'll love to see them! :bow: :up:

U2Kitten said:

I think it was just that one time they made the falling video of.:(

That's a cute story, I've never seen that, was this on the tape or were you there? Bono probably bet him he couldn't play the song without looking at the guitar:lol: Bono seems to have a thing for blindness, he puts the metaphors in his songs a lot. I think he loves to see and wouldn't want to be blind :( but he likes to play around with the closed eyes thing. Once on the last tour he did Staring at the Sun at the tip of the heart, then at the end where it said 'happy to go blind' he held his arm over his eyes and started stumbling back to the stage like he was blind, but he eventually had to look up so he could see where he was going. He also covered his eyes when he carried the spotlight around during BTBS but I think he was looking under his arm;) He knew where he was walking.

Just bumped in here again by accident.
First,I didn't know they filmed his falling of the stage(we're talking about the first elevation concert in Miami right).

When Bono held his hands over Edge's closed eyes is on the Go home Slane DVD. I wasen't there no:sad:
They were also at the tip of the heart, It might have been at the end of 'staring at the sun' when Edge sings along. He keeps his eyes closed at least a minute I think. Bono saw that and when the song is finished he puts his mike under his arm, but while raising his arms to put his hands over Edge's eyes the mike falls down,making quite a lot of noise. Check it out if you have the DVD at least:rolleyes:

greety said:
When Bono held his hands over Edge's closed eyes is on the Go home Slane DVD. I wasen't there no:sad:
They were also at the tip of the heart, It might have been at the end of 'staring at the sun' when Edge sings along. He keeps his eyes closed at least a minute I think. Bono saw that and when the song is finished he puts his mike under his arm, but while raising his arms to put his hands over Edge's eyes the mike falls down,making quite a lot of noise. Check it out if you have the DVD at least:rolleyes:

Just went through the entire thread - great GREAT stills everyone!!! :yes: :up:

Yep, it's at the end of SATS that Bono does that - I think Edge has his eyes closed for so long because of the beach ball incident - he probably doesn't want to look Bono in the eyes 'cause he knows that it will make him laugh so much :D

Back
Top Bottom