My fic time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jam Jar

New Yorker
In the middle of the Pine Barrens with the Jersey
in honor of the glorious times (haha) we had on ffnet..i present to thee a pretty much unknown fic i put up around early last december, called the machine..only 5 chapters..have to write more- enjoy! :) i still have the author's notes and stuff..
Ch. 1 it all begins..
What if our favorite super-smart guitarist made a time/clone machine and brought all the U2'ers of the past to the present? Well, I'm bored, and I am coming down with the flu : ( so I shall tell you fic readers a little story off the top of my head. So sit back and relax, grab your favorite Edge hat (I love the beanie! Mwhah!) and read!
The tour was officially over. Just plain over. Those Elevation shows were alotta fun, and now that they were back in Dublin, the boys were bored. Adam was bored of sleeping all the time, Larry just didn't feel like riding his Harley, Bono wasn't campaigning for anything at the moment, and Edge didn't wanna play the guitar. They were all just hanging around the Docker's Pub, drinking, smoking, chatting, the usual stuff.
"I'm so very bored of my Harley," said Larry.
"Well, I don't like sleeping," Adam added.
"Campaigning all the time is tough," Bono confessed.
The 3 guys looked at Edge, "WE'RE BORED!"
The guitarist then rolled his eyes, saying, "I just hate it when this happens, we come home after a major tour and get so so bored. I dunno about you guys, but I'm gonna do something different, something no-one's ever done before, something so grand that the world will-
"Edge?" Edge looked over at the singer.
"Yes?"
"just go already!"
"Ok!" And with that, our guitarist quickly left the pub and to a place unknown to build his mystery invention. The next day, he called the band over to his house. When they arrived at the house, they found it darkened, but decided to go in anyways. As they were walking through the dark hallways, all they heard was the sound of drilling, hammering, evil cackling and whatnot. Anyhoo, they followed the noise down to the basement, where they found their hat-wearing friend working on a big machine.
"Hey you guys!" he called while working on some wires.
"Uhm, Edge, why is your house darkened?" Larry asked.
"Oh, that! Well, this machine requires a lot of electricity, so I connected the main electricity supply to this," he said, pointing to the large machine.
"What exactly does your machine do?"
"Oh it's a time/clone machine!"
"Sure it is." The three said in unison.
Their now demented guitarist cackled evilly and yelled, "BEHOLD! MY GREATEST INVENTION EVER! IT IS SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER EVEN DREAMED OF BUILDING!" he then pulled a sheet off the front of the large machine, exposing a rather large array of buttons, blinking lights, levers, keyboards etc. "You all think I'm crazy, but I'll show you all!
"Nooooo!!!!" the rest of the band yelled, knowing something odd was gonna happen.
It was too late, Edge pressed a number of buttons, pulled some levers, and typed in "1978-2001", making the machine make whirring, buzzing, and whizzing noises. All the lights in the house began to flicker on and off, and smoke started billowing from the machine. After a moment or two, everything stopped. The whole basement was flooded with smoke, so you couldn't really see anything. Bono looked around, straining his eyes to see whatever he could. He thought he saw a pair of old white platform boots that he once had, but wasn't sure. After a little bit, the smoke cleared. The 4 band members all looked to the machine, but people were in their way! Who were these people who suddenly appeared in Edge's basement? They all soon realized who they were.

ch. 2 1978
And for all you early larry fans, this one's for you! ; )
Now, who were these strange people who suddenly appeared? The smoke cleared some more, revealing 4 figures. One stood in front of the other 3, he must be the leader, Adam thought. Edge had opened a window which cleared the smoke entirely, when he turned around to look back at the 4 people, his jaw dropped. The 4 were still standing in the same way, a guy with brown hair styled in a silly haircut and lotsa freckles was in the front. He had a black leather jacket, black pants, and white platform boots. He looked back and whispered something to another guy. That guy had on a white shirt that had blue stripes, jeans, and sneakers of that of a little boy, untied. He too, had brown hair in a similar haircut of that of the guy in the front. Next to him was a guy, or was it a little boy? Well anyways, it was a person with blonde hair cut in a no-nonsense bowl-like style. He was quite handsome, with blue eyes and nice features. He wore a school sweater and a pair of blue jeans. The last was er, interesting. He had a peroxide-blonde afro or what was supposed to be an afro, a black tank top and leopard print pants. "That's Adam,"Edge thought, "it's gotta be him!" The leader of the group, after speaking with the other 3, spoke up.
"Em, who are you all?"
Bono, wide-eyed, responded to the guy, or himself. "Who are you???" though he knew exactly who it was.
The other Bono flashed a silly smile and said, "We're U2! The best band in Dublin! In fact, if you all want to come, we're playing at the Dandelion on Tuesday! Now that I answered you, you gotta answer me!"
"Oh! Us!" he pointed to the present day U2, and laughed nervously. "well, uhm, we're-
The no-nonsense Larry of 2001 spoke up, knowing Bono would say something dumb.
"We're you! Hi, were Bono," he said, pointing to the tongue-tied singer. "Adam," he pointed to the bassist who smiled, dumbfounded. "The Edge," he patted the guitarist in the back "And I'm Larry, but I figured you already knew that, since I never age-ooops! Did I say that out loud?"
The other Bono again, spoke up. "Wow! Really?? Seee you guys? I told you we'd be famous!" His bandmates nodded, confused. The guy with the striped shirt decided to ask questions.
"Uhm, how exactly did we get here?"
Edge, ever so proud of his invention, replied. "Well, I, or uh, we, built a time/clone machine!"
"Time/clone? Why not just time?"
" I don't know! It just sounded more smart to say!"
The present Larry rolled his eyes, "So what year do you come from?"
The old Bono grinned, "1978!"
Just as soon as he said that, the lights began to flicker off an on again, smoke came from the machine, filling the basement once again. Adam took one last glance at one of the screens on the machine, it read "1979-80" Uh -oh!

1979-80
Author's note: the part about Bono looking like a baked bean was not thought up by me! In the newest issue of "Spin" magazine, that's what he describes himself as before being a teen.
After a little bit, the machine stopped, and the smoke cleared quickly, due to the open window. The U2 from 1978 went over to where the present-day band was standing, and looked at what emerged from the smoke. This time it wasn't just 4, but 8 U2'ers! They all looked the same, except for their haircuts. The Edge's hair was more like Adam's-a big puff, but other than that, they looked the same. The 2 U2s from 2001 & 1978 went over to the other 8. They went over to each of their counterparts. As soon as 2001 Bono got to the other 3 of him, he started to laugh wildly.
"What??" the 3 hims asked.
"You guys, are hahahah just so funny to look at! Look at this!" he said pointing at one of the Bono's chins, "Where the hell did that come from? I looked like a baked bean before all this!"
"Hey! We didn't look like a baked bean!!!"
The 1979 Bono put up his fists. "What do you want old man? A fight?"
2001 Bono's eyes darkened. "Old man? OLD MAN? I'll show you old man!" he ran towards the other Bono, intending to smash his face in, but many arms held him back. He looked over to see 4 Larrys holding him back.
"No! Bono don't! If you do that, there's no knowing what the hell you'll look like later!" he didn't know which one said that, but guessed it was the 2001 Larry.
The 1979 Bono scoffed. "That's what you get! Now, where the hell are we?"
2001 Edge said, "You're in the year 2001."
"WHAT?"
"Yeah, 2001. We," he said, pointing at the other 3 versions of him, "built a time/clone machine."
"Why don't you just call it a time machine?"
"Nevermind that! Look!" he pointed to the machine, which came back to life, spewing smoke once again.
81-82
Like the last time, 8 U2'ers appeared. This time, looking quite different. The 2 Bono's hair was a sort of mullet, not a full one, but it looked like it was forming into one. (author's note: those evil mullets.) The 2 Edge's hair was just a big tangled puff, Adam's hair was still hideous, and Larry, well, Larry looked the same! The 1981 Bono wore a plain white shirt and pants, the 1982 one, however, wore a red plaid shirt and scary red pants. Just very very scary. The Edge was scarier. The 1981 Edge wore an orange shirt and a light purple sweater, now THAT was scary. The 1982 one was smarter and wore a black shirt and blue vest. He began to speak, but was cut off.
"Yes, I know you don't know where you are, you're in the year 2001, because I made a time/clo-. time machine."
Bono from 2001 went over to the Edge of 1981.
"Hey mate, em, how th' hell did you decide you wanted to wear that??"
"Hey Bono! Leave me alone!" Yelled the present day Edge, "I was confused!!"
the present day U2 gathered in one corner, in a sort of meeting.
"What are we gonna do?" asked Larry, "they just keep coming and coming! EDGE THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" he screamed then burst into tears.
"Crybaby!" All the Bonos yelled, which made Larry cry harder. Then all of the sudden, all the other Larrys began to cry too!
"See what you did!!" Adam screamed.
"Fine! Fine!" 2001Bono yelled over the sound of the crying, "Let's all just leave a note down here for whoever else, or whichever elses or the U2's of- WHATEVER! Let's all go upstairs!"
After all the crying, they all went upstairs.
the quiet upstairs
Note: yes. I know, that was all confusing. I got confused, too, but that's just me, I tend to get confused too much.anyways, I've tried to make this all less confusing, and if you don't get it, read it again. Mwah. Weelll then, read on!
And so, after leaving a note for whichever next U2'ers came; the 24 Bonos, Edges, Adams, and Larrys went to Edge's living room. They all scattered about, some on the couches, some on the floor, some certain ones looking in the kitchen for alcohol, and so on. The present Bono (that's 2001!) came towards the present Edge, stepping over some sleeping, thumb-sucking Larrys.
"So Edge, now that your great machine has gone crazy, bringing more of us, how the hell are we going to get rid of them??"
"Oh, I don't know! Awwww! Lookit the Larrys! Aren't they cute?!?"
"Edge! Concentrate!!"
"But they're so cute!!"
Bono sighed madly and walked away, towards the kitchen and was walking towards the basement door, when it swung open, knocking him out. A Fedora -capped Bono, with a very horrible mullet stuck his head out from behind the door, "oops."
A little while later, the knocked out Bono opened his eyes.
"There! See? He's much better now!"
Bono looked up to see Larry from 1986. That's around the time he started to get into the health thing. If you got a cut or something, he'd give you a big lecture, and he had a cure for just about everything.
"Ok, ok, let the guy have some space!"
The drowsy once knocked out Bono looked over to see him from 1986. He came over to himself, who realized he was in a bedroom, on Edge and Morleigh's bed.
"So, there's 16 more of us now, from 1983,84,85, and 1986. That's 40 of us!
The present Bono looked over again, this time to the nightstand, which had a photo of Morleigh and Sian.
"40???? On no! Morleigh's gonna have a fit! I mean, all these U2's milling around!" But he was too late to realize. A loud scream came from downstairs, at the front door.
"Uh-oh!"

I really, really :heart: it!!!!!! Please go on writing! It's so cool!!!

:lmao: So many Bonos! :macdevil: I want to have the 1978-Bono! :mac:

Jam Jar said:
a guy with brown hair styled in a silly haircut and lotsa freckles was in the front.
A mullet is not a silly haircut! :laugh:

I read yor story for the second time. It is great! :up: :yes:

Jam Jar said:

mehhh..i'm getting there :) too much work, i guess, and the creative juices are not flowing at the moment *sigh* i haven't done any art or anything for almost a month! :( grrr but yes, in the future, there shall be an update :)
:dance: :happy:

Back
Top Bottom