my dog has cancer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
i have seen many support over the past few months on interference for those who have lost a pet. I just found out 45 min. ago that my beagle that i have had since i was 13 yrs. old is dying of cancer. he only has 3 mths to live. i decided to stay home from work, because i cannot stop crying. He is my baby and i do not know how to deal with this. he is on pain killers and it upsets me to know that he is in that much pain and the only thing we can give him is pain killers. i do not want him to die. :sad: :sad: :sad:

My cat is sick as well.. for a while we werent sure what was wrong with her and I feared it was cancer.. and the thought of losing her/putting her to sleep was horrible and I could not stop crying either and had to leave work 2 different days because I was so stressed out. She is on medication and skinny as a rail but she doesnt have cancer thank god. Still.. its scary. I know how you feel :sad:

I'm sorry miss.. * hugs *

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i have seen many support over the past few months on interference for those who have lost a pet. I just found out 45 min. ago that my beagle that i have had since i was 13 yrs. old is dying of cancer. he only has 3 mths to live. i decided to stay home from work, because i cannot stop crying. He is my baby and i do not know how to deal with this. he is on pain killers and it upsets me to know that he is in that much pain and the only thing we can give him is pain killers. i do not want him to die. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Iris,

I know how you feel having lost two of my own beagles and a third beagle my mom had after only two years. It's heartbreaking when they go. I still miss them terribly.

Your little guy has been around for a long time. You can be comforted by the fact that he has had the best life and the best friend he could hope for: you. And when he's gone... he won't ever leave you. He'll be there with you always... in your heart, in your soul - there will always be a place for him. 'Cause he's a beagle and beagles do that. :D I know because my heart and my soul are pretty dang crowded with three little bratty beagles running around.

Seriously, though. He is so obviously cherished by you and that's what counts. He knows he's sick and the best thing to do for him is to just be there with him.

((((hugs)))) to you my friend. And ((((hugs)))) to your little Beagle guy.

Love,

Moonie

This is really unfortunate. I'm sorry to hear about your beagle. It's heartbreaking to see anyone you love go through such pain and suffering. :sad: :sad: :sad: :(

I'm so sorry about this. I cannot imagine , I have a doggie that is the most important thing to me.

Spend as much time as you can with him and make him happy while he's here.

He loves you as much as you love him.

((HUGS)

Thats really sad- (((hugs))) to you and your poor baby :(

Awwwww! My doggy had to be put to sleep three years ago cause he had a brain tumor, its to sad, he was almost 19..

(((((((Hugs))))))))):sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

thank you all. i stayed home from work today because i was too upset to go. i cannot even talk about my dog with out crying. even while reading this i am crying. this is going to be a very painful 3 mths. i went to church today and got some holy water to sprinkle on my dog. i love him very much. he has been a huge part of my life. i appreciate all of your kind words.

oh and to top it off, i thought i would go get my pictures from my hiking trip developed today and what happens? The fucking camera place burnt all 3 rolls of my film, so i have no pictures from the once in a life time hike that i did. i have been crying and mad all day. I told the camera store they sucked, ripped up my membership card and threw it in there face and told them that i just found out that my dog is dying and i come here to get pictures from my trip to cheer me up and all you have to tell me is "sorry"! I told them that should take their sorry asses to Yosemite and hike 18 miles in 20 hrs. to Half Dome to make up for the anger that i feel. :mad: :mad: :mad: STUPID MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!

I just had 2 beers to calm my nerves. i should have just stayed in California. :sad:

here is a picture of my dog..his name is Paco

Last edited:
*kicks stupid camera people*

*hugs MVD*

I'm sorry to hear about your puppy...I don't care how old they get...they are still our puppies...

Aww this makes me sad for you.

((((Iris)))))) :(

I'm so sorry about your dog. I have a pet dog as well, and I don't know what I'd do if I found out she was sick. My thoughts are with you.

Damn, today was the Day From Hell for you!
*displays irate sign in camera store*
*said irate sign says: thanks for completely f**king up my day*
:madspit: :madspit: :mad: :( :scream:

OMG, how horrible!!! :(
I just lost nearly all my beloved dogs(long story). They were just like my children....It happened 11 months ago and I still am in horrible shape because of it. The slightest thing that reminds me of them makes me wail, and i think of them too much.
Your Beagle is beautiful, my mom used to have a half beagle half foxhound, and she loved her so much!!!! They certainly are a special breed, and I can tell that yours has a lot of soul.
He's been a Angel to you in life, and now he will be an Angel to you in his next life, or the afterlife.
What I would do if I were you now, is just to make his remaining days the best you possibly can. Spoil him, of course, and perhaps you could look up some kind of alternative therapy that would maybe make him feel a little better? I dont know whats out there, but i might be able to find out if you want me to. I cant promise it will be of any help to you and him, but you never know.
As for that camera store....Grr....You should organize a boycott of them or something. That is unbelievable what they did.
If you have the money, perhaps you could have some portraits drawn from your memories of that trip? At least then you'd have that to look back on...I dunno, its just a thought.
Anyway, if you'd like to talk to someone else who totally understands how tragic the loss of a pet really is and who isnt ashamed to admit she secretly cries about it , you can always contact me! :) PM, IM, whatever!
Best wishes to you both. :slant:

:(

I'm really sorry MVD. My dog, Ebony, a 14 year old chihuahua died from cancer about a year ago... we had to put her to sleep because she was suffering so much. She was with my sister and me since we were little and I was really sad for loosing her... but I got a little comfort from the fact that she was no longer in pain.

(((((((((MissVelvetDress)))))))))

(((((Iris)))))))

It is so hard to see your babies suffer....I had the hardest time watching my Max (cat) lose all his love and enjoyment for life. Just remember that things happen for a reason, and remember all the good times he had in his youth.

As for the photo place...I'll go over there and kick their asses for you if you want ;)

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i am back at work today. i feel like hell and that half of me has died. it sucks. :|

I know how you feel...I lost my dog 2 years ago and it still hurts. I don't know why he died, it was so unexpected. He was only nine years old......my thoughts are with you ((((hugs)))))

I'm sorry MVD. I had a beagle/huskie mix name Sweepie for 12 years. She had a beagle's head and a curly tail. She was spayed at 7 months, and they say that prevents cancer, BUT she got cancer of that region. It was inoperable. She had part of it hanging out her private. The vet said it went from there all the way though her underside inside and the surgery would kill her. He gave her a month to live. He put his arm around me and when I went to the receptionist, she said 'no charge.' Everyone recommended I put her down before the end came, but I couldn't. She was still active, eating well, and loving. I would've felt like I was murdering her. She kept on going long past the one month. She lived another 11 months. But when the end came, it was terrible. She suffered a seizure and stroke and died on the bed. I had to carry her body outside and bury her myself. It was so sad. My other dog laid by the fence where he last saw her (I buried her on my sister's farm, not my yard) for weeks. The next year, he too died of cancer at only 5 years old. :( :sad:

GypsyHeartgirl said:
I'm sorry MVD. I had a beagle/huskie mix name Sweepie for 12 years. She had a beagle's head and a curly tail. She was spayed at 7 months, and they say that prevents cancer, BUT she got cancer of that region. It was inoperable. She had part of it hanging out her private. The vet said it went from there all the way though her underside inside and the surgery would kill her. He gave her a month to live. He put his arm around me and when I went to the receptionist, she said 'no charge.' Everyone recommended I put her down before the end came, but I couldn't. She was still active, eating well, and loving. I would've felt like I was murdering her. She kept on going long past the one month. She lived another 11 months. But when the end came, it was terrible. She suffered a seizure and stroke and died on the bed. I had to carry her body outside and bury her myself. It was so sad. My other dog laid by the fence where he last saw her (I buried her on my sister's farm, not my yard) for weeks. The next year, he too died of cancer at only 5 years old. :( :sad:

(((gypsyheartgirl))) i am sorry to read that. thank you for sharing you story. I am feeling better since finding out. I have had a lot of support from friends, family, coworkers and you all! :) My dog is doing well. You can't even tell he is sick. I have prayed and have thanked God for bringing this dog into my family's life and for allowing him to be a big part of my childhood and adulthood. I know my dog was brought to my family for a reason and I am comforted by knowing this. When the time comes for his life to end, I want him to die in his sleep on my bed, and not by the vet. However if he is in pain and is struggling I do not want to keep him alive for our selfish reasons. I will enjoy and cherish each day that i have with him. thank you all again for your support and allowing me to share my pain. (((pleba)))

((((Iris)))) I know exactly what you are going through...I hate losing a pet. My dog Candy got Lymes Disease when she was 12 and she was on and off sick for a year....then she got what we think was cancer and she died. I think that might have been the hardest thing for me We had her ever since I was a little kid. We tried to make her final months as easy as possible a few weeks before she died, she wasn't able to walk up the stairs any more and I just got my tonsils out and she would wait at the bottom of the stairs for me to wake up every morning. The night before she died...she was suffering, I could tell...so I layed down next to her and told her not to hang on for us any more and that we would be okay...the next day at 7 AM my parents came up to my room and told me Candy died...and she died by my shoes and school bags. For some reason though, I wasn't as sad as I thought I would be because I knew she was old and she was suffering, and that we gave her the best life possible. It's an awful thing to lose a pet but the joy that they bring to people's lives is amazing. I don't think I could imagine life without having my doggies. (((Iris))) I'm here if you need me :sad:

thanks yertle. he is in a lovely resting place in my parents back yard. he picked his resting spot right before he was put to sleep. it is in a nice part of the woods which over looks my parents bedroom. we placed an angel statue on his grave and i visit him every time i go home. *smiles with tears in my eyes*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom