My dog died...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I wasn't going to post anything, but I need a little moral support from anyone who has a pet. People who don't have pets sometimes don't understand how sad it is...
It's kind of a shock...he died last Thursday while I was away at school. My dad told me Friday (I had a test and no one wanted me to be upset at school). I think the biggest shock is that he was completely healthy the Sunday before. He was almost 5 years old...woke up Tuesday limping and really lethargic...took him to the vet Wednesday, had seizures and died Thursday. Vet says most likely it was a slow-progressing brain tumor that burst a blood vessel in his head. I feel so bad. I miss him more than anything. I wish I had a picture to post.

I miss you Scruffy. Walk On.

I am so sorry....
frown.gif
Poor thing only five years old. But if he was sick, he's in a better place now ((((hugs))))

I've got two chocolate labs and they are my children, my babies, so my heart goes out to you.

------------------
Daisy :)

She's standing at the station with her face pressed up against the glass.

"Jon, why can't you do what Bono says"--The Daily Show

I'm so sorry.
frown.gif

I know just how you feel-I've lost 2 dogs myself, and it is so painful. Some people don't understand.

At some point in the future, you might get another dog-it will never 'replace' Scruffy, but will give you a new kind of love.

Don't read it now, but after a long time has passed, there's a poem called 'The Rainbow Bridge' that might give you some comfort. *hugs*

I am so sorry to hear that. One of the biggest struggles in life is losing a pet. What makes it even worse is that most people do not understand what a tragedy it is. Best wishes. My thoughts are with you!

I lost my beloved Pug Missy many, many years ago but I still miss her. She also had a tumor and seemed perfectly healthy until one morning we found her with something really, really wrong with her eye. The tumor was pushing her eye out of the socket and we had to have her put down that day. I cried and cried for days so I know exactly how you feel. Getting another dog might be a good idea, eventually, but give youself time. And it's perfectly okay to grieve for pet. I'm so sorry!!!

I'm so sorry!
frown.gif
I have a dog too, and one my biggest fears is that she'll die while I'm away at school (she's getting up there in years). Losing her would be like losing a dear friend- I can understand what you're going through.

Stay strong. My thoughts are with you!

I'm so sorry.
frown.gif
My dog (when I was still living at home quite a few years ago) had a tumor as well that ruptured and caused major internal bleeding. We had to have him put down too. It's really difficult. ***hugs***

------------------
"It's all about drums."

Proud owner of the mofoin Discoboos (boom cha!) and Larry's stick...hehe.

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 02-11-2002).]

I have lost pets too and I understand with all my heart. (((((SWEETEST_THING)))))
frown.gif

I don't know if you have ever seen this, someone sent it to me when I lost my cat. It makes me cry, but you know, I believe it!

~~~The Rainbow Bridge~~~~

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food,water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver.
Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet,
you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life,
but never absent from your heart.Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

frown.gif

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I have never experienced the pain of losing a pet, however I do have a dog and he is getting pretty old and i get very sad to see him at this stage of his life. He can no longer do things that he use to. My dog is like my child and it pains me to see him going through this. So my sympathy goes out to you. just remember he is in a better place.

Well that?s very sad to hear but as good old Homer would have put it!: He?s in Doggie Heaven with all the Lassies now!
frown.gif

------------------
"Master of sexual innuendo"

"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

I am so sorry. My doggy Candy died two years ago, I had her for as long as I can remember. She had Lymes Disease, I remember the night before she died, she looked so sad, so I layed down next to her, and told her not to suffer for us anymore, I couldn't stand to watch her suffering, the next morning, my parents came up and told me she died. My dog Jiggs now has seizures every once once in a while, and that's a bit unsettling for me. My heart goes out to you though, it's hard to lose a pet.

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Awwwww i'm so sorry to hear that *huuuuuuuuuuuuugs* I have a kitty, her name is Mullen Kitty and she's my baby and I know if I were to loose her i'd be so sad...so I know what you mean, but your doggie is probably in doggie heaven smiling down on you.

------------------
THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

Author of PLEBA Mansion Daily.

IT'S A MUSICAL JOURNEY!

I would be absolutely crushed if my cat died.

I totally understand.. I'm sorry.

((( hugs )))

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I came very close to losing one of my cats last month and it was one of the most emotional things I've ever been through. My thoughts are with you.

Oh, i do know EXACTLY what you mean about people not understanding you when a pet dies. They somehow think it is lesser, not as important or as devastating as the death of a human. Such ignorance.
In fact, many times, the death of a beloved pet is *worse* than the death of a person.
It doesnt even have to be death. It could be even merely the loss of one.
My 5 beautiful babies were stolen from me by the Nazis of hell(aka - the city pound). They think i'll get over it. I never will. And the hatred in me for those bastards is so great, well... lets just say they had damn well better stay away from me...
mad.gif

Anyway, let me assure you that if indeed there is a Heaven, animals go there too - in fact, they are admitted sooner than people, since people have to be judged. People all sin, animals never do.

Your doggie is still with you though - in some form!!!
wink.gif

Dont go to this site unless youre ready for a good cry:
http://www.rainbowbridge.com
I think they have links that you may find useful as well.

And dont hesitate to attack anyone who attempts to downplay your grief. They dont understand, thus, they have no right to tell you what you can and cannot feel. Even some folks that have pets dont understand. I've seen it, unfortunately!
rolleyes.gif

Take care now, and if you ever need to talk...email Missmacphisto@excite.com or AIM missmacphisto269 (ICQ on profile)
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 02-11-2002).]

I am so sorry. I own two dogs, they mean a lot to me.
frown.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

OMG...that's really sad. I know how ye feel. One of my cats died a couple years ago...
Your doggie must have meant a lot to you... I have two dogs now and I don't know what I'd do I they were gone.
frown.gif

I hope you'll feel a bit better soon...
((((hugs))))

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

*Owner of the BonoDoll*

WARNING: Insanity is highly contagious!

My U2 Site

"I don't usually come across as a very deep person, but really I am deep. I'm deep when I need to be. When I'm frustrated I'll let all my feelings out, I'll be deep. So let me be deep, but don't get me frustrated." ~ Me, when asked how I could write such a deep response to the meaning of "Beautiful Day"

I know exactly how you feel. I have been through this, I had a puppy get run over and my old dog died of cancer while I was petting her. It is terrible, and it is like losing a member of the family. Anyone who doesn't have sympathy and compassion for the loss of a pet has no heart. I do believe pets go to Heaven. Call me weird, but I believe I have been visited by the spirit of my dog when I was feeling really down. Their love is eternal, just like ours. I care, and I'm sorry.

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

Hi.

frown.gif
I'm so sorry about your loss. I definitely know how you feel because my dog died 2 weeks ago. He was chronically ill for a long time, and it just got to the point where his quality of life had decreased so much, that my parents decided it was time for him to be put to sleep.

I guess I can tell you that it's a really horrible thing to happen, but, be sure, that with time, you'll start to remember all the fun times, and actually laugh at the memories. Everybody who has a dog or any kind of pet knows that it's never "just" a dog, it was your dog. And I hope he's somewhere out there, having a marvelous and fun time.
smile.gif

Janine, I'm so sorry to hear that!
frown.gif
Everyone has said everything already, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm thinking about you.

(((((HUGS)))))

i am sorry for your loss.
frown.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer, she's imagination...

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I just lost my cat 3 weeks ago and I am still reeling from it.

I don't think people will misunderstand your grief. I felt the same way when my cat died thinking people would take it lightheartedly.

I think I cried more for my cat then when my own father died. I know that sounds terrible but when you think about your pets, they don't EVER do anything to hurt you, they simply give you unconditional love.

So, beleive me, I understand how devasting the loss is. I'm truly sorry
frown.gif

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

I'm so sorry girl... My family has a dachsund, and he seems like hes been around forever. He's the sweetest pup in the world, but is obviously starting to age. I can imagine how much it must hurt for you, b/c I'd feel the same way about my Rocky.
(((((Hugs))))) girl, and don't worry, this time will pass.

Back
Top Bottom