My daughter's friend made me so mad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GypsyHeartgirl said:

He's 16 and 6'3" with lots of dark blond hair. He's kind of in a band too. I think you and him would match up pretty good. I wish I could've taken you to the DC shows!

[color=royal blue]OMD!!!!!!!!!!!

WE NEED TO GET MARRIED

but tell him nothing of that fact that I colored my toes once.....

mwahahaaa
I wanna be in a baaaaaannnnnd.....what's he play?
[/color]

Ive always loved/liked/been into people of all ages, i dont remember ever discriminating against someone in that way because of were much older than I.
Those who do, are idiots.Pure and simple.:mad:

Last edited:
MonaVox said:

[color=royal blue]OMD!!!!!!!!!!!

WE NEED TO GET MARRIED

but tell him nothing of that fact that I colored my toes once.....

mwahahaaa
I wanna be in a baaaaaannnnnd.....what's he play?
[/color]

He plays guitar. He has a blue and white Fender electric guitar. His band got messed up when his best friend got sent to boarding school in another country and won't be back for 2 years! Not even summer! His evil parents did it because he liked rock and roll so much! I can't believe it, I support my kid in his dream, he could be rich one day! He is in the 'entourage' of another band now, and they're playing a girl's sweet sixteen party tonight. This is a pic of him with Tony in Baltimore. He's so much taller because Tony is Bono's size! I don't think this is the best pic of him or Tony, they're both cuter than that. Derrick (that's his name) really does have a cute face and pretty eyes the same color as Bono's even though it doesn't show here. Oh and he has a cammo hat too! I need to get better pics of me and my kids scanned!

33473%3A3523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E9%3A3%3E4%3A8%3EWSNRCG%3D3232374%3B38698nu0mrj

This is a pic taken from the heart at DC2 when Bono jumped into the crowd, but not the time he grabbed Derrick's hand and jumped in on us and Tony. Derrick is the boy in the black John Lennon t-shirt reaching, and I am thankfullly hidden behind my lame sign (my good sign was DC 1) Tony was just behind me to my left, I don't think you can see him here at all, but he was there.

33473%3A6%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A94%3D599%3DXROQDF%3E2323266%3B2%3A773ot1lsi

Look at those two girls standing next to Derrick- we met them in line- those shirts said "Bono please remove your pants!" *is scandalized* They must live in your area, they were at DC and Baltimore too.

Last edited:
HeartlandGirl said:
She's only 12, after all. Give her some time. She's got a lot of growing up to do.

*thinks back to my taste in music at that age* :no:

Good point. I'm an, uh, adult now, and I know the feeling of wanting to sock someone in the nose for calling U2 "old". We live in an incredibly ageist society. Ageism is as bad as racism or sexism. But 12 is young.....by the same token, we need to educate kids not to be ageist. No one should be judged by their age. It's what they are and what they do that counts.

Yes I know 12 is young (13 in August) but I guess I was spoiled having a son who liked a lot of older stuff on his own and didn't care about age. My daughter is kind of ageist, ,but sometimes I think she does it just to annoy me;) I thought the girl who did this might not have been exposed to much rock by her parents, but I went over there to get my girl last night and they were playing it. Maybe she's trying to annoy them with the old age thing too. I just think it's sad when people dismiss someone based on age. I've read other stories here and on wire of older teens and even college age being the same way.

GypsyHeartgirl said:

He plays guitar. He has a blue and white Fender electric guitar. His band got messed up when his best friend got sent to boarding school in another country and won't be back for 2 years! Not even summer! His evil parents did it because he liked rock and roll so much! I can't believe it, I support my kid in his dream, he could be rich one day! He is in the 'entourage' of another band now, and they're playing a girl's sweet sixteen party tonight. This is a pic of him with Tony in Baltimore. He's so much taller because Tony is Bono's size! I don't think this is the best pic of him or Tony, they're both cuter than that. Derrick (that's his name) really does have a cute face and pretty eyes the same color as Bono's even though it doesn't show here. Oh and he has a cammo hat too! I need to get better pics of me and my kids scanned!

33473%3A3523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E9%3A3%3E4%3A8%3EWSNRCG%3D3232374%3B38698nu0mrj

This is a pic taken from the heart at DC2 when Bono jumped into the crowd, but not the time he grabbed Derrick's hand and jumped in on us and Tony. Derrick is the boy in the black John Lennon t-shirt reaching, and I am thankfullly hidden behind my lame sign (my good sign was DC 1) Tony was just behind me to my left, I don't think you can see him here at all, but he was there.

33473%3A6%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A94%3D599%3DXROQDF%3E2323266%3B2%3A773ot1lsi

Look at those two girls standing next to Derrick- we met them in line- those shirts said "Bono please remove your pants!" *is scandalized* They must live in your area, they were at DC and Baltimore too.

[color=royal blue]want.....to touch....the Gypsy Boy.......

P.S. my Fender geetar is purply blue....
[/color]

Last edited:
GypsyHeartgirl said:
My 12 year old daughter's friend came over while I had the Boston show tape on. She said, "look at those old guys prancing around on the stage"- well I was fuming. She heard Beautiful Day, and she said "But wait a minute, those are the people that do Beautiful Day! I love that song, but now I can't like it because those guys are so old!"

WHAT??!! She liked the song, but wouldn't accept the band because they were 'old?' Is that unfair or what? Is there a limit as to what age a person has to be before you can listen to it? I'm so glad there are young people here who don't feel that way!

I would have mocked and laughed at her for so long that she would have been in therapy for years. Most likely, her parents would have called me and I would have mocked and laughed at them for raising such a foolish child.

chels82 said:
now, to each his own. i'm not offended if people don't like U2 for whatever silly reasons, it's their perogative.

*walks off singing 'My Perogative' by Bobby Brown*

I don't think Bobby Brown sang that song.

However, I do know he sang a song called, "My Prerogative."

*runs
;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom