My cat has an eating disorder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my cat is also fat and loves her food. but, a couple months ago she wouldn't eat it either. she wanted to eat, but just wouldn't. so we took her to the vet and apparently she had a giant hairball in her stomach so be bought a tube of molassas-like stuff to feed her and she ate it and coughed up her hairballs and in a few days was normal.

I have heard alot of complaints about cats and hairballs in the tummy. Apparently it's a pretty common occurance. When your sister has a cat you know almost as much about feline health problems as the owner.

I was reading a book the other day that suggested giving them a little mineral oil for hairballs, either with a dropper or mixed in their food. It sounded really disgusting to me... eating baby oil? :yuck: Granted, unscented baby oil, but still. Gross.

...has anyone suggested buying your cat fat kitty food yet? It might be a little young still...

then again, we feed our kittens adult food as soon as they can chew it and jump high enough to get to the bowl :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom