My Bono B-Day Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

egyptluvr

War Child
3433742323232%7Ffp7%3Evq%3D3254%3E4%3C5%3E4%3C4%

I wanted to share my KICK ASS cake that my friends at work surprised me with today! They all know of my obsession for the B-man, and I came in to work this morning to see this awesome cake. This is the coolest cake I have ever had.

I have never posted any pics before, I suck sorry. To much b-day drink, and no help...sorry

ok, here's egyptluvr's AWESOME cake...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
I'm posting for her due to technical difficulties :D

bdaycake1.jpg

ruffian said:
ok, here's egyptluvr's AWESOME cake...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
I'm posting for her due to technical difficulties :D

bdaycake1.jpg

I want that!!! My birthday is the 22nd!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

Thank you ruffian - for my inability :)....Lets just say NO ONE at the office was allowed a piece of the lower region of the cake!:D

I don't know if I would have the heart to cut into that gorgeous thing (the cake and the man). YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

though I might be willing to lick it...:reject:

The icing, that is...

ruffian said:
I don't know if I would have the heart to cut into that gorgeous thing (the cake and the man). YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

though I might be willing to lick it...:reject:

The icing, that is...

Ummmmm, it tasted REALLY really good....the cake that is....

Yes, One4, you should definitely put a request in. 'night everyone, sweet Bono dreams :)

Night ya'all - sweet Bono dreams 2 you both :heart: :heart:

ruffian - thanks again - you da best!

G'night sweet Bono!

I am a cake decorator and I have made MANY a Bono cake! (for myself and other U2 obsessed friends) We have a picture scanner like that at our bakery and every birthday for the last 8 years I have had a U2 or Bono cake! I will find the pics and have them scanned so you all can join in my madness!
(I also make Bono a birthday cake every May 10) I know I need a lot of help!:wink:
p.s. Happy Birthday!!!

IheartU2 said:
I am a cake decorator and I have made MANY a Bono cake! (for myself and other U2 obsessed friends) We have a picture scanner like that at our bakery and every birthday for the last 8 years I have had a U2 or Bono cake! I will find the pics and have them scanned so you all can join in my madness!
(I also make Bono a birthday cake every May 10) I know I need a lot of help!:wink:
p.s. Happy Birthday!!!

:bow: Awesome! A cake every May 10 - Cool!
I would LOVE to see these pics...I did not even request this one...the very creative girls that I work with created the pic, and had it made... I LOVE IT!!!!:drool:

thanks - Happy Birthday to me!
:D

I'm making this cake near B's birthday. I'm going to be in Chitown on the 9th and 10th so most likely before, unless I can figure a way to bring it and share with my PLEBAns.

Chocolate Guinness cake!!!

(since I love sharing recipes....)
For the cake:

Butter for pan

1 cup Guinness stout

10 tbsp unsalted butter

3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

2 cups superfine sugar

3/4 cup sour cream

2 large eggs

1 tbsp vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

2 1/2 tsp baking soda

For the topping:

1 1/4 cups icing sugar

8 oz cream cheese at room temperature

1/2 cup heavy cream.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and line with parchment paper. In a large saucepan, combine Guinness and butter. Place over medium-low heat until butter melts, then remove from heat. Add cocoa and superfine sugar, and whisk to blend.

In a small bowl, combine sour cream, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add to Guinness mixture. Add flour and baking soda, and whisk again until smooth. Pour into buttered pan, and bake until risen and firm, 45 minutes to one hour. Place pan on a wire rack and cool completely in pan.

For the topping: Using a food processor or by hand, mix icing sugar to break up lumps. Add cream cheese and blend until smooth. Add heavy cream, and mix until smooth and spreadable.

Remove cake from pan and place on a platter or cake stand. Ice top of cake only, so that it resembles a frothy pint of Guinness.

Makes one 9-inch cake (12 servings)

I :heart: that cake too!! Great pic of the B-man YUM!! :drool:

one4u2 - My birthday is March 20 - It's this Sunday&you have same b/day as Ali! :cool:

Hi egypluvr! :wave: :) OH to lick Bono all nite long!!! :giggle: :combust:

starsgoblue said:
I'm making this cake near B's birthday. I'm going to be in Chitown on the 9th and 10th so most likely before, unless I can figure a way to bring it and share with my PLEBAns.

Chocolate Guinness cake!!!

(since I love sharing recipes....)
For the cake:

Butter for pan

1 cup Guinness stout

10 tbsp unsalted butter

3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

2 cups superfine sugar

3/4 cup sour cream

2 large eggs

1 tbsp vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

2 1/2 tsp baking soda

For the topping:

1 1/4 cups icing sugar

8 oz cream cheese at room temperature

1/2 cup heavy cream.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and line with parchment paper. In a large saucepan, combine Guinness and butter. Place over medium-low heat until butter melts, then remove from heat. Add cocoa and superfine sugar, and whisk to blend.

In a small bowl, combine sour cream, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add to Guinness mixture. Add flour and baking soda, and whisk again until smooth. Pour into buttered pan, and bake until risen and firm, 45 minutes to one hour. Place pan on a wire rack and cool completely in pan.

For the topping: Using a food processor or by hand, mix icing sugar to break up lumps. Add cream cheese and blend until smooth. Add heavy cream, and mix until smooth and spreadable.

Remove cake from pan and place on a platter or cake stand. Ice top of cake only, so that it resembles a frothy pint of Guinness.

Makes one 9-inch cake (12 servings)

Hey there Stars - Just wanted to let ya know that I made this cake for Bono's special day today, and brought it to all my co-workers to enjoy. IT IS KILLER! Awesome recipe, and actually very easy to make! You can taste the Guinness in the cake too!:drool:
My co-workers already knew I was obsessed, but the fact that I brought a cake to celebrate B mans birthday, has them all worried about me! I LOVE IT!!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom