Music Industry honours Paul McGuinness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miroslava

ONE love, blood, life
For our picture mavens... mayhaps you can find some more pics for us?
petergrantlifetime2.jpg

Music Industry honours Paul McGuinness
Paul McGuinness received the Peter Grant Lifetime Achievement /Manager of the Year Award in London last night. Bono and Adam joined a host of other industry friends as Chris Blackwell presented Paul with this prestigious award.

'Success has many fathers,' said Chris. 'But in U2 there's only one father - Paul McGuinness!' A series of video tributes to U2's manager came from well-known names in the music industry including Doug Morris, Louis Walsh, Jann Wenner and Jimmy Iovine.

The annual Roll of Honours Awards from the UK's Music Managers Forum was hosted by Paul Gambacini at the Hilton Hotel on London's Park Lane. Also honoured last night was another U2 friend, Garrett Lee, named as 'Producer of the year 2005'.

U2.Com caught up with Paul at the end of the evening: 'It's been a great night and this is a wonderful honour,' he said. 'And it's wonderful to see so many friends.'

More on the night, and photos, on the way.

The short hair is looking cute! :cute:

Hmm. Let me call PM and find out. :hmm:

And I just realized this pic was posted in the Short Hair Bono thread, but hey the news (and any other pictures) deserve their own thread. Sometimes it is good to put the other Paul in PLEBA. :D

hooray for Paul :applaud:

he's stuck with U2 through their toughest times, their happiest, and their craziest. many congrats for him :dance:

Miroslava said:

Am I seeing things or has Bono grown his hair out slightly? :ohmy: It's certainly looking better then that awful photo posted a couple of weeks ago! :wink:

Oh and congrats to Paul for his award! :applaud: Well deserved for a man who played a major part in bringing us U2!! :rockon:

It does appear that Bono's hair is longer and possibly a bit darker.

I would also like to see more pics from this event. :sexywink:

bonocomet said:

He was at your birfday party kaf!!! :happy:

Cardboard composites of Adam held together with duct tape and propped up with a stick at the dinner table don't count :shifty: I was wondering where the real guy was.. :lol:

PS: Bono's Doll - Thanks hon :hug:

kafrun said:

Cardboard composites of Adam held together with duct tape and propped up with a stick at the dinner table don't count :shifty: I was wondering where the real guy was.. :lol:

PS: Bono's Doll - Thanks hon :hug:

But I coulda swore this pic was taken at your party...?

party boy :shifty:

Haven't said my congrats to Paul yet.... Congrats! We the fans thank you! :)

I know, it's just so goofy, poor Adam. Hope you had a great birthday! :)

So I guess no pics ever surfaced of him at this event? That's too bad. :(

Back
Top Bottom