Mtv Fanatic - U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my_kite

War Child
Ok guys...this is hard to believe...but I won the MTV Fanatic.

See more here!

http://www.everypoetisathief.blogspot.com/

Well....maybe this happiness may become a new meeting soon!! :) Oh...I wish...1 Even if it doesn't happen...just walking on their shoes....visiting their hometown...I feel really HAPPY for it all!!

I'll let you know all that happens! ;)

Love
Tania

vodaphone is a cell phone company/provider

edited to say: Congratulations girl (just saw your blog)! You are going to LOVE Dublin!

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:
That's awesome! Congratulations! :up:

I had no idea MTV was bringing this series back.

Thanks...! Did you ever saw this show? I never saw it. DO the fans actually meet their idols? I was told I won't meet U2! :sad:

my_kite said:

Thanks...! Did you ever saw this show? I never saw it. DO the fans actually meet their idols? I was told I won't meet U2! :sad:

It's been years since I've seen this show. I think it was cancelled in 1999. :huh: Fans DO meet their idols though. From what I remember, the person chosen as the fanatic is given the news from a close friend or family member at a completely random moment (ie. while the chosen fan is at school, working, taking a walk, etc) with a camera crew ready to film their reactions. Then they're taken to a location where their favorite star/musician will be and interviews them.

Last edited:
I didn't know this show was still around either :confused:

I would've entered :D Good Luck and keep us posted!

:applaud: :applaud: :hyper: Hoo-Ray Tania!!! Have fun-even if you don't meet those 'Sexy Blue Eyes':drool: just think! You won a Trip to Ireland!!!!!:yes: Trust me-Ireland:heart: will capture your heart!!:wink: Have fun!!!!!!!:wave:

Congrats! How did you hear about it and enter, I didn't know it was still around?

Ah, never mind; I followed your link and found out how you did it! Congrats again :)

Hello guys. Back to Portugal after 5 days in Dublin. Sad enough, I did not met anyone from the band. Missed Bono Friday for 45m (he went with Ali to have diner at the back of The Clarence Hotel) and spent sometime in front of his house yesterday (saw his Maseratti arrive, driven by someone else, and Jordan got inside while I was there, but no signs of Bono, who was surely inside).
I went trough a lot of fantastic experiences: Moydrum Castle, singing Elevation at the top of the Clarence, visiting the new Windmil Lane studios INSIDE and a lot of other things)..!!

I will make a text about all that happened, and maybe add some pics, and share ASAP!!

I just had the best 5 days of my life!!! Anyone who can..PLEASE got o Dublin! ;)

Fantastic, my_kite!;):applaud::wink: Sorry, you didn't meet the band.:hug: What did you mean by,"Missed Bono Friday for 45m?" Missed Bono by 45 mintues? Well, I am happy you had a great time!;):wink:

Last edited:
my_kite said:
Anyone who can..PLEASE got o Dublin! ;)
I definately agree with that!

Sorry you didn't meet any of the band my_kite, but glad you had a great time anyway!

Thanks for those pics! A lot of them reminded me of my time in Dublin, and that I want to go back there! Hehe.

Oh...I was still in Dublin and I was already missing it! I wish I could live there. really...I am so willing to go live to Dublin. Last year I almost went there to study....too stupid. I should have gone! :) Maybe I should think about it again!

Are you planing to go there again soon?

my_kite said:
Oh...I was still in Dublin and I was already missing it! I wish I could live there. really...I am so willing to go live to Dublin. Last year I almost went there to study....too stupid. I should have gone! :) Maybe I should think about it again!

Are you planing to go there again soon?
Yeah, hopefully. I went with my dad a few months ago, but I hope to go there again soon with a friend or even on my own.

I know what you mean about being quite happy to just drop everything and go live there.
There's something about that place that's just...invigorating.

Back
Top Bottom