Mrs. Edge- gimme some of your lovin'!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Hey girl!! where are you lately?! we miss you on Pleba!!!! Not to mention your stories!

edge_corbijn_airport.jpg

For you!

Now *please* slip out from under Edge's arm and sneak to the comp to say hi to us!!!

------------------
What do you do when female fans get too agressive?
Adam: We let Larry deal with those things.

* U2 Take Me Higher *

come back, mrs. edge, come back!!!
smile.gif

------------------
"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

That's got to get her attention!

smile.gif

------------------
"When you've seen beyond yourself then you may see peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you"

Peace George

Come baaaaccckk!!

00285725.jpg

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Awwwwww, thanks you guys!!! I have missed you all too! (((((hugs)))))
smile.gif
In fact, I barely recognize this place anymore, there are so many new people and so many threads - I just can't keep up! I bet 3/4 of this forum doesn't even know who I am to have missed me!
icon24.gif
LOL!!!

My life has been incredibly hectic lately, and I must apologize profusely to Miss Zooropa for taking so long with her story (and as a subsequent result, everyone else's!), but I am working on it.

First there was Vegas, then my mom's Bday getaway, and then a four day fundraising conference. Scattered in there have been a series of boring campaign "crises" that I've had to deal with at work.

I've also had loads to do around the house. Tonight was supposed to be a peaceful night at home, but it turns out that I have to make a presentation to the Medical Association at the Hospital!

Not only have I been busy in terms of general life (I've even been too busy to go to dance classes, but not too busy to stuff my face whenever possible, am starting to get really doughy!!!), but I am also going through some serious soul searching about my future and what exactly I am going to do with myself (I am now forced to confront this stuff now that the distraction of U2 has dissippated!)ie, I have to pay off my excessive debts, decide if I am ever going to have children, decide if I want to continue in my job or change careers entirely (like get into forensics!), etc. Lots of nagging worry.

But on a lighter note (I bet you're sorry you asked where I was!), at the conference there was a total Edge type, except that he had thick, greying hair and small, round glasses. Other than that, he was Edge in a suit, complete with goatee and eyes. He sat by himself most of the time, looking very neat and shy, but did I go and talk to him? NO!!! But I did think a lot of inappropriate thoughts during the lectures! Bwaahahaha!

I also met a very elegant, attractive British man in his 50s, who runs is own consulting business and flys betw. London and Toronto every month. We got to talking and somehow we got onto the topic of U2 (I wonder who started THAT conversation), and my stories. Turns out, this mild mannered, very proper man writes smut of his own for his "close acquaintances"!!! I have sent him several of the Pleba stories, and he is enjoying himself immensely. Now that's what I call networking!

Ooooh, there were so many talented, charismatic British fundraisers there. I am having serious Bridgette Jones type fantasies of starting my own consulting firm and travelling to and fro from the UK myself.

One of these British fundraisers owns his own international firm based in Spain and was in charge of raising funds for Nelson Mandela's Presidential Campaign! He also worked for Greenpeace, and all kinds of South and Central American countries. He even married a Turkish woman who had been tortured and raped and was about to be deported back to Turkey if he hadn't married her. It was powerful stuff!

The whole conference reminded me how many fundraisers there are, and how many charities, and how much need and how much competition for charitable $. It was quite depressing!!!!

Anyway, enough of my rambling. I promise to be back soon with more stories and more blathering. And Edgelettes, start thinking about when might be good for another Orgasmatron chat!
smile.gif

TTYS!

OMG-that Edge in a suit!! I want one of those, since I can't have the real thing
smile.gif

And even 'worse', the 'elegant' British man reading the stories-did he read mine?
eek.gif

*changes her identity completely and enters a witness protection program*
wink.gif

------------------

Hey baby!! so nice to see you again!
smile.gif

PHew i got tired just *reading* that - but I know you can balance things just like Edge the Great! How impressive- all that work you do w/ fundraising and actually being part of the process to help eliviate some of the tragedies in this world! you should be v. proud! and all the amazing inspirational people you've met recently- thanks for sharing!

as for the soul searching- i know you have a LOT of soul so it might take some time!
smile.gif
BUT I also know that you have GREAT soul and will make the right decisions after following your heart!

as for the housekeeping: this little guy says he'll help you out ... after he gets a backrub from you!
wink.gif

edgerobe.jpg

hopefully i'll be on MSG soon so we can chat! ttylata gata!
smile.gif

------------------
What do you do when female fans get too agressive?
Adam: We let Larry deal with those things.

* U2 Take Me Higher *

I sent him yours today!! Bwaaahahahaha!
icon32.gif

Dont' worry, I think he'll love it.

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
And even 'worse', the 'elegant' British man reading the stories-did he read mine?
eek.gif

Olive, thank you for saying all those sweet things! I think I'm going to cry!

I miss our philanthropic e-mail discussions, Mrs. Edge! I am still loving the bootleg you sent me!

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
Awwwwww, thanks you guys!!! I have missed you all too! (((((hugs)))))
smile.gif
In fact, I barely recognize this place anymore, there are so many new people and so many threads - I just can't keep up! I bet 3/4 of this forum doesn't even know who I am to have missed me!
icon24.gif
LOL!!!

My life has been incredibly hectic lately, and I must apologize profusely to Miss Zooropa for taking so long with her story (and as a subsequent result, everyone else's!), but I am working on it.

First there was Vegas, then my mom's Bday getaway, and then a four day fundraising conference. Scattered in there have been a series of boring campaign "crises" that I've had to deal with at work.

I've also had loads to do around the house. Tonight was supposed to be a peaceful night at home, but it turns out that I have to make a presentation to the Medical Association at the Hospital!

Not only have I been busy in terms of general life (I've even been too busy to go to dance classes, but not too busy to stuff my face whenever possible, am starting to get really doughy!!!), but I am also going through some serious soul searching about my future and what exactly I am going to do with myself (I am now forced to confront this stuff now that the distraction of U2 has dissippated!)ie, I have to pay off my excessive debts, decide if I am ever going to have children, decide if I want to continue in my job or change careers entirely (like get into forensics!), etc. Lots of nagging worry.

But on a lighter note (I bet you're sorry you asked where I was!), at the conference there was a total Edge type, except that he had thick, greying hair and small, round glasses. Other than that, he was Edge in a suit, complete with goatee and eyes. He sat by himself most of the time, looking very neat and shy, but did I go and talk to him? NO!!! But I did think a lot of inappropriate thoughts during the lectures! Bwaahahaha!

I also met a very elegant, attractive British man in his 50s, who runs is own consulting business and flys betw. London and Toronto every month. We got to talking and somehow we got onto the topic of U2 (I wonder who started THAT conversation), and my stories. Turns out, this mild mannered, very proper man writes smut of his own for his "close acquaintances"!!! I have sent him several of the Pleba stories, and he is enjoying himself immensely. Now that's what I call networking!

Ooooh, there were so many talented, charismatic British fundraisers there. I am having serious Bridgette Jones type fantasies of starting my own consulting firm and travelling to and fro from the UK myself.

One of these British fundraisers owns his own international firm based in Spain and was in charge of raising funds for Nelson Mandela's Presidential Campaign! He also worked for Greenpeace, and all kinds of South and Central American countries. He even married a Turkish woman who had been tortured and raped and was about to be deported back to Turkey if he hadn't married her. It was powerful stuff!

The whole conference reminded me how many fundraisers there are, and how many charities, and how much need and how much competition for charitable $. It was quite depressing!!!!

Anyway, enough of my rambling. I promise to be back soon with more stories and more blathering. And Edgelettes, start thinking about when might be good for another Orgasmatron chat!
smile.gif

TTYS!

It's nice to hear from you, Mrs. Edge! I knew once olive posted that pic it wouldn't take long for you to respond.
wink.gif
Anyway, it sounds like you meet a lot of interesting people at your job- I can't believe a non-PLEBAn is enjoying the PLEBA stories! It's nice to see massive amounts of U2 love don't scare everyone off.
biggrin.gif
I hope we can have an Orgasmatron chat soon!

Olive- that 2nd picture is great! Did you notice that it says "Bono! Clothes!!" on the board? Do you think they have to remind him to put clothes on?
wink.gif

glad to here from you, mrs. edge. lol at meeting another smut writer, it's that U2 sixth sense!

take care of yourself, we'll be looking forward to a new story.

smile.gif

------------------
"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

Originally posted by madonna's child:
glad to here from you, mrs. edge. lol at meeting another smut writer, it's that U2 sixth sense!
lol! Indeed!

P.S. I loveth thee, Mrs. Edge
biggrin.gif
and thy husband as well...but we'll save that for another day...
wink.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

"I said I believed in standing, and in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

Originally posted by mocool12:

gallery

Okay I have a question:

What the hell happened to Edge's arse? It's gone! Remember during PopMart, how that cowboy outfit accentuated his lovely, round....firm.....oh, man.....but now it's gone!

WARNING: The preceeding may have been off topic.

Welcome back Mrs. Edge!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress* ... Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

"Sting, you know I love you but you got a hell of a lot to learn about Rock n' Roll." -Bono

"We're fighting something we barely understand...Esperanto!"

"Just because he's 40, bald and has five kids doesn't mean he's not adorable!"
- Me, before a LONG silence

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

(((((Jess)))))

Welcome back.....sounds like you are doing some soul searching.I'm going through that right now myself,we've had a family crisis and that always always makes you rethink your life.......
It sounds like your conference was very thought provoking....ehm...Edge look-a-like eh?
Seriously,I'd like to get myself involved in something useful.....I'm thinking MAJOR career change.....
I digress....anyway it's great to have you here whenever you have the time...
PLEBA and the girls here have been my only bright spot for the last week or so....I can always come here and get a good laugh !
biggrin.gif

Aww, Jess, we really miss you here a lot...and NOT just because of your stories you know. ((((hugs)))) I've been thinking about you as I sit here in my black wrap/shawl thingie...Wow, you have obviously been VERY busy with your "real" life (as opposed to your U2 life). But it all sounds rather exciting, actually...at least, compared to my own life, yawn. I know things will work out for you, you have SO much going for you! (and 'doughy' you are NOT, you little belly dancer!)

So when you get your life straightened out, maybe you can then help me on mine as well. It sounds like you are rubbing elbows with some really interesting, very powerful people, how COOL.
smile.gif

Now for the important bit. GET ME THAT EDGE IN A SUIT!!! OMG, the graying hair, the beard and the little glasses!?!?! OMG. he's totally MY TYPE!!! (Or one of those British guys) My gosh, I would NEVER see or meet a guy like that here in Dallas, no way, no how. He sounds....dreamy. Sigh. *blush...starting to think thoughts myself*
wink.gif

Good luck with your "writers networking"...very funny you met a fellow smut-o-phile! hee hee!

Don't be a stranger...

Disco

at the conference there was a total Edge type, except that he had thick, greying hair and small, round glasses. Other than that, he was Edge in a suit, complete with goatee and eyes.

Turns out, this mild mannered, very proper man writes smut of his own for his "close acquaintances"!!! I have sent him several of the Pleba stories, and he is enjoying himself immensely. Now that's what I call networking!

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 12-04-2001).]

Originally posted by Echo:

What the hell happened to Edge's arse? It's gone!
lmao! no pun intended....
wink.gif

Like you don't know where it is...

biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, then we are close to each other."
~BonoBaby~

"I believed in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up." ~BonoBaby~

Yikes Jess!!! You are amazing! I don't think I'd be able to handle that much stuff and still keep my sanity. But you are doing such incredible things w/ your time, and I'm sure you are doing an awesome job, so be proud! I miss you and your stories sooo much girl, and I can't wait till you get some free time! Good luck w/ everything, and I can't leave without leaving presents!

gallery

gallery

icon35.gif
icon35.gif
icon35.gif
icon35.gif

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 12-04-2001).]

I sent him yours today.
Dont' worry, I think he'll love it.

Well, thank God he lives in London and has NO idea who I am
wink.gif

And look at Edge in that robe-it looks like he's wearing lil' white ballerina-type slippers.
eek.gif

Thanks for that pic Carrie-that's so cute
smile.gif

------------------

Glad to see you back. Very busy too! First time to visit since I got my U2 sampler from Bri2k in the mail last fri. Severe U2 elevation withdrawal. can't wait until Xmas so I can open up my DVD.

Kids played a U2 trivia game in the car yesterday. "Hey Mom, let's name all the one word U2 song titles" from the six year old. Little fanatics!!!

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

Wow, you busy woman!!!
smile.gif

I'm istting here waiting for my story, don't worry, take your time but I'm very, VERY curious about what it's gonna be like.

Take care Jess!

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

In the interests of conserving threads and not starting a new one, I just wanted to say that I sent Bonavoix, Gina Marie and Madonna's Child's stories to my elegant English Fundraising Consultant and he had the following to say:

"read stories and liked them a lot - your smut is gentle smut! Got more?"

So I asked when he would reciprocate, and whether his smut was not gentle.

He said:

"Soon; next week when I am back in the UK and yes, my sm*t is strong stuff, though there is a line that even I / we do not cross. I will want to password protect the Word files - gimme a word that you cannot forget, more than 5 letters, please. More next week. Can you wait that long??!!"

Is this ingrigue or what????? I wonder if my tender eyes can handle this? It really shows you about not being able to judge a book by its cover!

heck, maybe you ought to run these stories by your Mom first!
biggrin.gif

In the interests of conserving threads and not starting a new one, I just wanted to say that I sent Bonavoix, Gina Marie and Madonna's Child's stories to my elegant English Fundraising Consultant and he had the following to say:

"read stories and liked them a lot - your smut is gentle smut! Got more?"

So I asked when he would reciprocate, and whether his smut was not gentle.

He said:

"Soon; next week when I am back in the UK and yes, my sm*t is strong stuff, though there is a line that even I / we do not cross. I will want to password protect the Word files - gimme a word that you cannot forget, more than 5 letters, please. More next week. Can you wait that long??!!"

Is this ingrigue or what????? I wonder if my tender eyes can handle this? It really shows you about not being able to judge a book by its cover!

Um, I think I wanna read HIS 'smut'.
eek.gif

------------------

Back
Top Bottom