Mount Temple : Class Picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoofred

The Fly
I'm looking for one or several pictures of class of Bono, The Edge, Adam, Larry... and Ali at Mount Temple.

I've found this

bonosdoppelganger.com/gallery.html

but i think i've seen another picture bigger than the ones we can find on this site, do you kno where we can find it?

here's the picture on the link you posted. I don't know where to find bigger ones. I just edited the pics for you to easily find them.
7804_schoolcopy.jpg

Mount Temple class of 78.Bono is front row, third from left, with his arm resting on Ali. There is something already so assertive about his pose. Dave Edge is fourth row from the back, bang in the middle of the photo, with a big mop of hair, a tie and a badge, which no doubt bore the legend U2.

7600_schoolcopy.jpg

Mount Temple classes 3D,U & B.Ali is front row, dead centre. Behind her, grinning gormlessly, is the man who would become known as The Edge (not looking very edgy there, eh, Dave?).

I love how in the first one, Edge is the only one in the entire picture with a tie. And then a sweater with the collar of his undershirt sticking out of it in the second one. :cute:

Edgette said:
I love how in the first one, Edge is the only one in the entire picture with a tie. And then a sweater with the collar of his undershirt sticking out of it in the second one. :cute:

:cute: And according to Neil McCormick in Killing Bono...Edge's badge on his jacket says U2 on it :cute:

Bono looks like he might have been the tallest in his class. He seems to be so much bigger than everyone else, maybe it is just the way he is sitting.

I guess it's got to do with the way he's sitting, because otherwise the rest of his class were dwarves or something... :wink:

arw9797 said:
:cute: And according to Neil McCormick in Killing Bono...Edge's badge on his jacket says U2 on it :cute:

That is :cute:.

I love those pictures. I like how Bono and Ali are next to each other in the first one :).

I wonder if those three still keep in touch with any of the other kids in those pictures? Or what the rest of the kids in those pictures think of their three well-known classmates today (or what they thought of them back then, even)? That'd make for an interesting story, I'm sure...

Angela

arw9797 said:

:cute:

So how did they come up with the name U2? I could never find the story behind it. :reject:

Dutch Partygirl said:
I guess it's got to do with the way he's sitting, because otherwise the rest of his class were dwarves or something... :wink:

lol!!!

that is a really sweet photo... it's amazing how they've all stuck together over the years. :heart:

btw, has anyone read "killing bono" yet? if so, would you recommend it? i almost bought it yesterday, but then figured i couldn't read it until after my exams are over at the end of the month... :|

*Ally* said:

lol!!!

that is a really sweet photo... it's amazing how they've all stuck together over the years. :heart:

btw, has anyone read "killing bono" yet? if so, would you recommend it? i almost bought it yesterday, but then figured i couldn't read it until after my exams are over at the end of the month... :|
I read it and I thought it was really good! It's not really about U2; mostly it's Neil McCormick's struggle to make it big, but U2 appear very often. It's cute and funny in a kind of sad way, and a good light read that you might want after your exams. :wink:

Schmeg said:

I read it and I thought it was really good! It's not really about U2; mostly it's Neil McCormick's struggle to make it big, but U2 appear very often. It's cute and funny in a kind of sad way, and a good light read that you might want after your exams. :wink:

awesome! i'm gonna have to get that- i can read it on the plane on the way to chicago! :) thanks so much for the info...

and on other U2-book related news, i read that the "U2 by U2" book has been delayed by a year... not scheduled to come out till fall 2006 now. :( guess that means i'll definitely have to buy the corbijn book!!!! :wink:

*Ally* said:

awesome! i'm gonna have to get that- i can read it on the plane on the way to chicago! :) thanks so much for the info...

and on other U2-book related news, i read that the "U2 by U2" book has been delayed by a year... not scheduled to come out till fall 2006 now. :( guess that means i'll definitely have to buy the corbijn book!!!! :wink:
You're welcome! :D The Corbijn book is FANTASTIC, if you haven't already seen from the thread here!

Am I the only one who wasn't surprised to hear that something produced by U2 was being delayed? :laugh:

Moonlit_Angel said:

I love those pictures. I like how Bono and Ali are next to each other in the first one :).

I wonder if those three still keep in touch with any of the other kids in those pictures? Or what the rest of the kids in those pictures think of their three well-known classmates today (or what they thought of them back then, even)? That'd make for an interesting story, I'm sure...

Angela

Yeah, they probably thought then "Bloody Hewson, can't keep his bloody mouth shut".

What they think now "Bloody Bono, can't keep his bloody mouth shut"

:lol:

He looks so cute in that picture :cute:. It would've been so cool, if I'd been born at an earlier time and in a different place, to have gone to school with some of my favorite musicians. I've heard so many funny stories about their school days, and I think it would've been quite a fun experience.

blueeyedgirl said:
Yeah, they probably thought then "Bloody Hewson, can't keep his bloody mouth shut".

What they think now "Bloody Bono, can't keep his bloody mouth shut"

:lol:

LOL :D.

How weird would it be to invite Bono or Edge to your class reunion? Imagine that one for a second.

Angela

Actually, there was a class reunion a few years ago. Edge and Ali went, but not Bono. He was afraid that the excessive attention he would receive would overshadow and ruin the event for others.

hello,

I'm still looking for a big pictures of the class of 1978...
does anyone have it please?

u2granny, I know, this is off topic, but where does your avatar come from? Could you post the full picture, please?:bow:

Moonlit_Angel said:

Angela

I think they do keep in touch with some of the other pupils from back then.
Bono's assistant (her name slips my mind right now, Catriona or something), was a school mate of them.

Back
Top Bottom