Morrison's Grave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greety

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
A while back there was a thread here (I think) when someone asked if there were pics of u2 on this grave or pics of the grave alone.
Well i found an article in the paper and I scanned it because of the pic.
(maybe a mod can merge this with the original thread. I can't search :huh:).

Here's the pic:
jimsgrave.jpg

The article said that the owners of P?re Lachaisse cemetary (I think that is the french state?!) weren't pleased with Jim's grave anymore because of all the people it attrackts , more specific what they do there.

People will get drunk or high on this grave or even have sex on it:eek: and they mess up the other nearby graves doing so.

France would like the US to take Jim's remainders back, but the US don't want him back:huh:
So much for being an american icon huh??

I didn't know if I should bring up this topic but there was never posted a pic from this grave.I hadn't seen it before either. So, it's for those who were still interested.

I read that there isn't any desire to move Morrison. There's a police presence at all times now, due to some idiotic fans.
Also read, Jim is buried in the poet section. In later life,
Morrison was tired of his "rock star" status, and wanted to
be seen as a poet.

RockNRollDawgie said:
I read that there isn't any desire to move Morrison. There's a police presence at all times now, due to some idiotic fans.
Also read, Jim is buried in the poet section. In later life,
Morrison was tired of his "rock star" status, and wanted to
be seen as a poet.

and he was supposed to moved in 2001, wasn't he?

He was allowed to stay another 100 years :yes: There had been doubt but he was for some reason given permission to remain. There had also been speculation leading up to the potential 'move' that when his grave was dug up it would be empty! Some people then claimed that's why it wasn't moved, because it would prove he was really alive! Even Ray Manzarek had made a comment once that made me think even he thought or at least hoped Jim might show back up one day.

Seabird said:
He was allowed to stay another 100 years :yes: There had been doubt but he was for some reason given permission to remain. There had also been speculation leading up to the potential 'move' that when his grave was dug up it would be empty! Some people then claimed that's why it wasn't moved, because it would prove he was really alive! Even Ray Manzarek had made a comment once that made me think even he thought or at least hoped Jim might show back up one day.

alive?! it's a pretty nifty thought but as for the grave being dug up, it'd be hard because i think he wasn't buried with his coffin in a cement block or something or other, so everything would be scattered

Seabird said:

I think he's alive! :shifty: I'm pretty sure Jim Morrison was my bus driver in 1988 when I was in 8th grade......

My friend and I were really into the Doors back then and on my first day of school I about passed out when I got on the bus. The driver looked EXACTLY like Jim. My friend used to come home on my bus with me all the time to check him out. He thought we were freaks and gave us really nasty looks, especially when one of us would wear a Doors t shirt. He wouldn't talk to us ever. We'd sit in the front row and talk about the Doors really loud to make sure he heard us. It was freaky. I wish I would have had the sense to take a picture of this guy because he seriously looked exactly like him.

Jam Jar said:

alive?! it's a pretty nifty thought but as for the grave being dug up, it'd be hard because i think he wasn't buried with his coffin in a cement block or something or other, so everything would be scattered

I doubt he's alive "living in Africa," or under an alias
somewhere. He would've shown up by now.
It's very mysterious, the whole thing surrounding his death.
I believe all those years of drinking finally caught up
to him, and he had a heart attack and died.

arw9797 said:

I think he's alive! :shifty: I'm pretty sure Jim Morrison was my bus driver in 1988 when I was in 8th grade......

My friend and I were really into the Doors back then and on my first day of school I about passed out when I got on the bus. The driver looked EXACTLY like Jim. My friend used to come home on my bus with me all the time to check him out. He thought we were freaks and gave us really nasty looks, especially when one of us would wear a Doors t shirt. He wouldn't talk to us ever. We'd sit in the front row and talk about the Doors really loud to make sure he heard us. It was freaky. I wish I would have had the sense to take a picture of this guy because he seriously looked exactly like him.

:lmao: Great story!! :lmao:

i don't think Jim's necessarily buried in the "poet" section of Pere Lachaisse cemetery. I've been there a few times and he is literally just wedged into a small spot amongst other graves. I don't remember any other recognizeable poets in the vicinity. I'm sorry that the bust of Jim that used to be on the gravesite was taken down because fans were chipping pieces off of it for mementos. :( Would have been nice to see. This is truly one of the most gorgeous cemeteries you'll ever see.

I was there two years ago, lots of people who used to be famous are burried there!
Apparently, on the top of Jim's tombstone used to be a sculpture with his head, it's not there anymore because it was stolen by some fans:huh:

sorry to say but jim morrison died july 3rd 1971.

i am a huge doors fan and would love to see that jim is alive somewhere but sad to say it i doubt its possible.

a few years ago the 30 lease at the cemetary was up on his grave and there was talk of moving his body back to the states but that wont happen.
His grave is either the second or third biggest tourist attraction in paris next to the ifol (spelling?) towere and the mona lisa.

I likeJim Morrison, but I never really got into him that much, so I'm a little confused about this. Is there a reason why there is a U2 pic at his grave?

Last edited:
ylimeU2 said:
I likeJim Morrison, but I never really got into him that much, so I'm a little confused about this. Is there a reason why there is a U2 pic at his grave?

No particular reason,no.
But like I said there was a thread a while ago when someone thought u2 ever posed there.
Some thought this pic (below) was actually taken there, but it wasn't.
So I figured now i found a pic of the real grave i'd post it, that's all.
abbandweird.jpg

U2aremyfriends said:
Jim Morrison was very cool, to see his grave makes me feel sad... :sad:

Me too. :(
It's hard to say what Morrison would be doing now. if alive.
He might still be performing the ocassional gig. Could be he'd
be spending all his time writing poety, or maybe teaching a
poetry class.

Back
Top Bottom