Morleigh in WOWY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Okay, so I saw this Answer Guy column recently...

Do you know what other work Morleigh has done besides Zoo TV and the "With or Without You" video?

Dear Minnie:

Morleigh is credited with being the choreographer on Wild Orchid, the steamy Zalman King movie about a virginal lawyer who travels to Brazil to be soiled by a pre-plastic surgery Mickey Rourke. Her credit doesn't specifically say "love scene choreography" so she must have been involved with the masquerade ball Brazilian line dance scene. This was the film in which real-life couple Rourke and Carre Otis were rumored to have performed their love scenes a bit too, er, realistically.

Putting aside her Hollywood career, the most important work Morleigh has done lately has been to increase the population of Killiney Beach by two, making the Edge Family the single largest voting block in Ireland. She'll need to continue this trend of childbirth at a rapid pace in order to eventually have enough players to complete the Evans Traveling Football Club, which has been a dream of Edge's since he was a teenager.

...and was wondering if it is true that Morleigh was in the WOWY video (I'm guessing she'd be the girl whose body is interspersed with the clips of trees and rain and all that). I've heard something about it before but it seemed more like a random rumor than anything.

I've read and heard several times that it was her in that video, but I don't recall any credible sources right now. :scratch:

Also to Morleigh's credit is directing the SATS Miami version video, I wonder why the Answer Guy didn't mention it.

flaming june said:
I've read and heard several times that it was her in that video, but I don't recall any credible sources right now. :scratch:

Also to Morleigh's credit is directing the SATS Miami version video, I wonder why the Answer Guy didn't mention it.

I still have my doubts about the WOWY video, but I know for a fact that Morleigh directed the SATS Miami version video.

I've heard from a couple people that Morleigh was the owner of the hairy armpits in the WOWY video, but in the Bill Flanagan Bible, it says that the band did not meet Morleigh until the Zoo TV tour in 1992...the WOWY video was filmed in 1987.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong....it's been a long day, I'm tired.

Jessica

Mrs the Jessica said:
...but in the Bill Flanagan Bible, it says that the band did not meet Morleigh until the Zoo TV tour in 1992...the WOWY video was filmed in 1987.
THAT is a point! Looks bad for you gals saying that it was her. :tongue:

Flanagan CAN be wrong... blasphemy, I know, but it IS possible
So off I went to make some stills

wowy1.jpg

wowy2.jpg

wowy3.jpg

I think it's her.

Mrs the Jessica said:
I've heard from a couple people that Morleigh was the owner of the hairy armpits in the WOWY video, but in the Bill Flanagan Bible, it says that the band did not meet Morleigh until the Zoo TV tour in 1992...the WOWY video was filmed in 1987.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong....it's been a long day, I'm tired.

Jessica

I think the band met Morleigh back in the 80's when she gave them some tips about how to move onstage and make the most of it, and then during the 90's they call her to replace Christina during Mysterious Ways.

I might be wrong, but I remember reading that somewhere. :)

it probably is Morleigh because she has long, wavy brown hair and so does that woman in the video. Also, Pop-Up said that those scenes were shot in a different location than the band so there was no way of them meeting on the set

Niamh_Saoirse said:
when she gave them some tips about how to move onstage and make the most of it,

And meanwhile, in the mid-90s I was giving ballet lessons to a local hard rock act called Strawman and teaching THEM how to move onstage. :sigh: It's not quite the same is it? LOL! I kept a diary of it, here is a small excerpt, it's very funny for me to read in retrospect:

"...now I am working on an unusual project. I am the official ballet/movement coach of Strawman, a band with ENORMOUS potential. I am both trepidatious and excited about this totally new experience.....

Day 1

Al wants me to prevent Ron (the signer who looks and moves like Axl Rose) from "muching up into a troll". Carriage, posture, theatricality are all important. While I realise this, I hope he doesn't expect miracles overnight! Things to look for from band members at gig:

1) Posture a) shoulders b) back c) hips d) head and neck

2) Flow of isolations

3) Projection esp of eyes.

4) Use of arms

5) energy flow

6) turns/jumps

7) Axlisms

Problems found at Gig:

Sitting in hips

Hunched Shoulders, neck forward

eyes - energy internalized

Ron - not enough fluidity

When Bill isn't playing he looks bored!

Too much looking at feet during instrumental breaks.

JP has good hips.

What is needed:

NOT SEXY ENOUGH! Too psycho..more full body movement.

Often Ron implodes not explodes - see internalized.

Ron: occasional collapsed back.

Out of Control Mania Needed!!!!

Excuses band has for not doing things correctly:

"I can't bend down, I'm stiff because I've had too much coffee!"

"It's my sock!"

"I'm too light to push into the floor!"

The one thing that astounds me is that they are pretty awful at timing the exercises. We spend more time on sequence then on technique! It would be pretty difficult for me to come up with a more simple set of exercises, yet they want me to write them out. They keep talking about being dumb musicians, but being musicians you'd think the'd be able to count music! Al says that Ron's stiffness is "godawful" and must be fixed as soon as possible.

Music Selection for exercises: Week 6:

Sit ups: What's the Frequency Kenneth
Plies: Stay
Tendu: Sexy Sadie
Degages: Bizarre Love Triangle
Ronde De Jambe: The Cure - Love Song
Stretch: Bach Air on a G String
Isolations: Lady with the spinning head/Two Hearts Remix

.........(pages and pages of notes taken from gig and classes).....

hehehe! I wonder if Morleigh had a similar experience to mine....;)

Back
Top Bottom