Moobday:You must've been a beautiful baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Souly said:

'wtf' is a commonly used acronym, it stands for 'what the fuck'.

As is lol, it stands for laugh out loud. If you are going to use an acronym, then, evidently, pleba isnt the place to do it. As people are finding it difficult to understand.

People are finding a modernised form of writing hard to understand. Not my post in particular, as miss becky said it is text messaging form. I accept that and I was therefore wrong to post my comment in this way.

Also how people type is not a reflection on themselves. Text messaging form, is just a quicker way of saying something.

bono_gal said:
People are finding a modernised form of writing hard to understand. Not my post in particular, as miss becky said it is text messaging form. I accept that and I was therefore wrong to post my comment in this way.

Modernized writing, isn't hard to read when it's used in excess. Like Miss Becky stated, it's just very hard to read posts when they are full of all kinds of abbreviations and shortcuts.

You're allowed to post whatever you want, just ... think before you post, I suppose.

bono_gal said:
Also how people type is not a reflection on themselves.

In my opinion, it is.

bono_gal said:
Text messaging form, is just a quicker way of saying something.

That's true, and I myself use it in chat rooms or IM sessions.

Last edited:
Souly said:

Modernized writing, isn't hard to read when it's used in excess. Like Miss Becky stated, it's just very hard to read posts when they are full of all kinds of abbreviations and shortcuts.

You're allowed to post whatever you want, just ... think before you post, I suppose.

That's exactly what I meant. Shortcuts are fine when you're text messaging or in private e-mail, but this is a public forum. Posts shouldn't be hard to read.

i like larry, and i would REALLY like it if this thread would go back to him, instead of talking about peoples prefered use of language here. i don't care that much, just write however you feel like writing.
its OK 2 chop n change!

bono_gal said:

if you use it yourself why is it that you feel it is a reflection on a person? :huh:

There's a big difference between using acronyms and using text messaging.

Briefly - acronyms stand for something. PLEBA stands for 'Paul Larry Edge Bono Adam'. FOAD stands for 'fuck off and die'. MADD stands for 'Mothers against drunk drivers.' Text messaging is just ... I don't know. I can't find the word for it, and if/when I do, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be positive. Using them to replace words is just lazy. In my opinion of course.

lockfolder.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom