Moobday: Baby Baby Baby light my way!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:drool:

larry_follow014.jpg

larry_follow015.jpg

erised said:
Thanks to Moonie for reminding me that I haven't posted these yet...

larry_desire004.jpg

larry_desire009.jpg

larry_desire011.jpg

wooo! :D

So, I'm not sure if anyone answered the question about why people protested - I'll make it short and to the point: People who were towards the front of the line in Boston were basically left out because the production crew for the filming went through the crowd and hand-picked people they wanted to be visible on TV. Read: we want pretty people. They were given T-shirts and were let in first. This pissed the people off who had been waiting longer (or weren't asked to be front and center for the filming) and so they staged a sit-in. Yeah, I would be pissed too, but from what some people said who were *at* that show, the people who were staging the sit-in were the same people who had been to show after show after show, always up in front, always on the bar, always vying for the band's attention. So, it got old really quick.

There you have it.

Moonie :D

moon_is_playing_tricks said:

So, I'm not sure if anyone answered the question about why people protested - I'll make it short and to the point: People who were towards the front of the line in Boston were basically left out because the production crew for the filming went through the crowd and hand-picked people they wanted to be visible on TV. Read: we want pretty people. They were given T-shirts and were let in first. This pissed the people off who had been waiting longer (or weren't asked to be front and center for the filming) and so they staged a sit-in. Yeah, I would be pissed too, but from what some people said who were *at* that show, the people who were staging the sit-in were the same people who had been to show after show after show, always up in front, always on the bar, always vying for the band's attention. So, it got old really quick.

There you have it.

Not completely true...

It wasn't necessarily "pretty" people they picked, but "new faces" because U2 wanted an electric atmosphere for the show they would be filming, and probalby figured new people who'd never been up close before could generate that atmosphere.

Everyone in the heart was given shirts, not just the ones they let in first.

this has been hassled over a lot and i hate drudging it back up again. anyway i can understand and it was annoying for me too to see pl who'd *just* arrived let in over pl (incl. me) who'd been there since the morning, but hey it's a U2 show so .. lol *I* was just stoked to be there. :tongue:

moon_is_playing_tricks said:

There you have it.

Thanks for explaining! :D

oliveu2cm said:

Not completely true...

It wasn't necessarily "pretty" people they picked, but "new faces" because U2 wanted an electric atmosphere for the show they would be filming, and probalby figured new people who'd never been up close before could generate that atmosphere.

Everyone in the heart was given shirts, not just the ones they let in first.

this has been hassled over a lot and i hate drudging it back up again. anyway i can understand and it was annoying for me too to see pl who'd *just* arrived let in over pl (incl. me) who'd been there since the morning, but hey it's a U2 show so .. lol *I* was just stoked to be there. :tongue:

And this is exactly what I was looking for... an explanation from someone who was there. I only remember what other people have told me - I wasn't there. I'm glad you were able to clear up my attempts at an explanation. Now it can be buried. ;)

Thanks Olive. You rock, my friend. :D

Back
Top Bottom