Model behaviour pt2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
disclaimer: this is so not true just nonsense out of my head

Y’know I still have a few reservations about us being seen together publicly” Anneka revealed with a small worried frown

Bono looked up at her enquiringly from the his plate, still chewing on the piece of steak he had popped into his mouth

“I mean after what happened in the past, you know the press are just going to see us together and think about your wife running of with my husband, that’s probably what they will want to talk about and not the eliminating poverty campaign, you know how they thrive on scandal” she pointed out

“What happened between Jake and Laurie is ancient history where they are concerned” Bono spoke up, “I agree it could raise its ugly head, but we will remain firm and make sure all we talk about is the poverty campaign.

Anneka sighed “I hope it works out like that, I don’t need all that crap in my past brought up again, I have worked hard to move on, and put it by me, and meeting up with you today wasn’t the easiest decision”

“I do understand” Bono’s tone was gentle, “but hey, look at our ex’s, living somewhere in Canada now, true maybe not together, but they are getting on with their own lives, and they were the ones that wronged us. We have nothing to feel bad or guilty about.

“True” Anneka relented “You know I had a feeling it wouldn’t last between them, but I got no satisfaction when I heard they broke up again just after a year… it seemed all that turmoil we went through was for nothing

“Yeah, well they will have to live with that” Bono returned to cutting his steak a little more viciously on his plate. “Anyway, we got better things to talk about, let’s not waste it on them“ he shot her one of his disarming smiles.

“I have been catching up on all the stuff you have been doing, you know purely for research purposes for our meeting today.” he then informed her casually

“ Oh, Really?” Anneka smiled, not sure if that was quite the whole truth. She rested her elbows on the table and lacing her fingers together so she could rest her chin on her knuckles to stare at him speculatively with her own large blue eyes that were a shade lighter than Bono’s.

“And did it come in useful?”

“Very, You have been a busy girl” he replied, “You seem to be genuinely committed to your cause, not that I ever doubted you were” he hastily added.

“Well you are not the only one with a social conscience, a lot more of us are beginning to realise that extreme poverty should not be dismissed or taken lightly”
Anneka replied

“Which is the way I want it” Bono replied putting down his knife and fork and forgetting about his food to lean over towards her, “Believe me, ‘the more the merrier’ is my motto. But I have to say I am impressed with what you are doing, and have done already, and I think it will be great when we work together”

“Don’t you mean if we work together?” Anneka corrected him

Bono chuckled shaking his head, “You are determined to play it the hard way Annie, keeping me in my place”

“Someone has to, when the band are not around” she returned enjoying the good natured teasing.

“Well all the more reason we should work together then” Bono pointed out triumphantly

Anneka sat back in her chair, not sure how to reply, then eventually threw her hands up in defeat “Ok. You got me, I walked right into that one” she admitted ruefully

“So does that mean it’s a yes?” he asked unable to hid an inkling of a smirk

“Well I guess it will have to be, for the sake of my charity.” Anneka relented putting him out of his misery at last, “The others in the committee would never l forgive me if I refused help from your quarter, and it is for the greater good in the end. I think I would do a deal with the devil if I had to” she stated

“Somehow I don’t think that shows me in a great light” Bono frowned

It was Anneka’s turn to laugh, “Don’t look so put out, I was about to add, luckily I am doing a deal with a saint instead… does that soothe your ego?”

“I am not setting out to be a saint either” Bono replied with a slight frown, “As you well know, I am far from deserving such a title. Look how I hurt you and messed up our friendship” he reminded her

“And I thought we had agreed not to talk about the past, and move one” she eyed at him meaningfully

“Yes, of course” Bono forced himself to dismiss his melancholy. He sat back in his seat looking brighter

“You are going to have to have drink with me now, so we can have a toast,” he announced, “A toast to our partnership and new beginnings, and bringing an end to poverty”

“That I will happily agree to” Anneka smile. Feeling they had both managed to get over the bumpy road of their past more successfully than she had first supposed.

She had almost forgotten how Bono had a way of making people at ease around him, His desire to be loved and liked by all, and that natural Irish charm he possessed where a hard combination to fight against when they went into action. He knew how to reach out to people whether it was in the world of music or his charity work, on a grand scale or a personal level.

Anneka decided it could turn out to be a very interesting rollercoaster ride working along side him because she would never know what he had would have in store for them…..

I can't understand how somebody could cheat on Bono :no: you just don't do that!

I like the name of the main character, it's pretty unusual :) and your writing style is very nice to read...

Very nice annj, I like your stlye of writing. I am looking forward to the next chapter.

:yes: :up: :up:

Back
Top Bottom