model behaviour pt15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
Find a way to my heart, and I will always be with you
From wherever you are, I'll be waiting
I'll keep a place in my heart, you will see it shining through
So find a way to my heart, and I will, I will follow you

This journey's not easy for you, I know
If your footsteps get too faint to hear, I'll go
Cos you know, questions are never that easy
And never the same
You have the answer believe me
If you have the faith

Time may come, and time may go, I know
If you should call out for me, I'll go
But you know, there is a code to be broken
I wrap it around
Without a word being spoken
Without a sound
There's a reason I hide my heart Out of sight out of mind
And when I find out just who you are The door will be open for you to..

Find a way to my heart-Phil Collins

“Bono, Is there somewhere we can talk privately?” Anneka demanded urgently, finding him and pulling him aside from his company “I really need to speak with you”

“Sure” Bono replied after shooting a speculative look, “ Just give me a minute” He turned back to the person he was speaking with to excuse himself

Then taking Anneka lightly by the arm led her out of the crowded room. He brought her to his own small study room where no one was about.

“We should be alright here no one should disturb us, is everything ok?” he queried with concern.

“I am not sure actually” Anneka replied, “I mean you get me here, make me feel all secure and comfortable and relaxed, then Adam starts throwing not too subtle hints, that he knows what’s been going on with us.

“Don’t you mean what is not going on with us?” Bono corrected her dryly

“That is not the point” Anneka frowned in annoyance, “You have talked about me with the band, who else out there knows?”

“Relax Annie” Bono attempted to soothe her, “I haven’t said anything else to anyone, The guys noticed I was quieter than usual when I returned from Africa. They knew there was something going on with me. So, as they know our whole history and they our both our friends I did confide in them, but no one else knows” he reassured her.

“What did Adam say anyway?” he then asked with open curiosity

“Well obviously he was taking your side” Anneka retorted, “Apparently he thinks I should just give in, because there is no point fighting it, it seems you always get your own way when you want something bad enough, never mind what I want”

“What is it you want Annie?” Bono asked quietly, “Because I got the impression it was the same as me, only you are too scared.. And I am giving you time, but I have to be honest, I am not a patient man at the best of times, and its not easy seeing pictures of you everywhere with different guys next to you, and all the rumours and speculation if it is your next love. I get jealous as hell, even though I try not to be” he then admitted

“Oh please, I told you already, I am not serious about anyone I am happier that way” Anneka replied

“Are you Annie?” Bono almost looked sad

She couldn’t reply because lately those meaningless relationship had not been giving her much satisfaction, but she hated to admit it aloud.

“What does it matter anyway” she then shrugged it of, not looking him in the eye.

“It matters to me” Bono replied, he had taken a few steps closer to her, “Because as far as I am concerned being starved of love is almost as bad as being starved of food,”

The analogy was not lost on Anneka, making her look up at him a little stricken

“That’s not fair, to use that comparison, its not the same thing” she stated

“Well I think it is,“ Bono continued relentlessly, “Because although there are people in this world whom we know very well have to do without because of no fault of their own, you are forcing yourself to do without it because you are scared of being hurt, and that is even worse, It’s a terrible waste”

“We went through this before remember?” Anneka pointed out hotly, “We both agreed the odds were against us, the pressure we would be under with the public scrutiny..”

“Yeah, well maybe that seems an insurmountable hurdle for you,” Bono returned, “And yeah, a lot of relationships fall to the wayside because of pressure on them. But why shouldn’t we be able to beat the odds.. break the mould, prove them all wrong.. That it can work.. You can do anything.. achieve anything if you want to if you think its worth it. that’s what I believe”

He was all heated up now, with the same fiery passion she had seen in him before when he was frustrated that things were not going the way he wanted them to, and it was all directed at her, he grabbed her by her arms and pulled her closer to him, and she felt her heart hammering against her ribcage as those blue eyes of his raked her face.

“I just want you to believe in me Annie.. believe in us”

She knew what he was asking of her, and felt herself weakening. But still uncertain she could

“I-I want to Bono, but I don’t know how” she finally confessed shakily close to tears

As if sensing her turmoil as he moved his face closer to her forcing her to look up at him, there was a tenderness in his blue eyes that caressed her confused soul, then she heard him murmur huskily, “ Its ok, don’t be afraid”

She made some small noise of protest at the back of her throat, and when she felt his lips on hers, they moved against hers gently at first. When she didn’t pull away it became more probing and demanding, his tongue exploring as it slid into her parted lips, and she felt like she was drowning, melting into liquid form from his expert caress.

There was still part of her inside screamed protest at this assault on her senses, that she should not be doing this with him, yet it felt so right, and she knew she was lost slipping further and further away, as she found herself kissing him back, some heated madness had overtaking her until it was so unbearable she forced herself to pull away from him.

“We pick a great moment for this, when you have a house full of people But then maybe that is a good thing, or God only know where tonight would lead to,” despite lightness in her tone there was a slight tremor in voice

Bono chuckled softly and pulled her into his arms, “I could go out and find a good excuse to make them all leave early”

“Don’t you dare” Anneka warned not putting anything past him.

“Spoilsport” he kissed her on the forehead

“Bono” she pulled away from him looking very serious again.

“Can we keep this between the two of us for the moment, y’know just so I can get my head around it properly and get used to it?”

“Of course sweetheart” Bono replied, “Anything you want, I will try to act normal as I can, and not smile smugly” he grinned

She laughed then, relaxed and leaning against him remarked “Better not or Adam will be telling me.. ‘I told you so”

I could finish it on this happy note, though I do have a few more ideas oh how they deal with the ups and downs of their new found relationship, and put then through some more turmoil, if you want me to go on let me know
:wink:

Last edited:
Oh, please carry on with this story, annj! I want to find out how they deal with everything. Nice to see a happy ending though :wink:

Back
Top Bottom