Model behaviour pt 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
I guess smething is better than nothing so I squeezed this chapter out of my reluctant brain, hopefully it will get me started again to finish it of

It had been nice lying in Bono’s arms in bed afterwards, even if it had only been for a few hours before he reluctantly realised for the sake of discretion it would be better if he left her room before the others in the house woke up.

They had just lay, bodies entwined, talking softly, and there had been lapses of contented silence as they held each other just enjoying the nearness of each other, Anneka was still filled with a certain amount of anxiety about what was happening between them,

But after Bono left, she found herself rolling over to the warmth of where he had lay she could still smell the scent of him. Cosseted with memories of the few hours they had together, she finally drifted of to sleep strangely more contented than she thought she would be

When she awoke, she realised it was almost the afternoon, and for a moment she was a little bewildered by her surroundings but aware everything in her world was different.

Then she remembered why.

Sitting up, the sleepiness vanishing, as a strange anticipation settled in her stomach at the thought of what the day had ahead for her especially as she would be spending it with Bono.

When she got washed and dressed and made an appearance downstairs, she remembered the other houseguests, Bruce and Jan, neither of them seem to be about
much to her relief

But Bono was not alone, Edge was with him when Anneka discovered him in the kitchen

“Hey Annie, did you enjoy your sleep” Bono enquired, “I hope you had a good night” he smirked

“I guess I did” Anneka replied finding it difficult to look in Edge’s direction as she felt a blush heat up her cheeks,

“Must have been real good when you slept the morning in” Edge chuckled

Anneka glanced at Bono, her eyes narrowing wondering if he had said anything to Edge.

Catching her suspicious glance his eyes widened as if to say “I haven’t said anything”

“Well its been pretty exhausting lately” Anneka replied, “I guess I didn’t realise how much till I got here, how tired I was, forgive me for sleeping so late”

“Well he can’t complain” Edge indicated to Bono sitting across the kitchen table from him lighting up a cigarette, “he is not long up himself”

“Really?” Anneka couldn’t help smiling as she looked across at Bono

“Yeah I guess I was pretty exhausted too” Bono smirked eyeing her meaningfully making her smile widen.

Sitting between Anneka and Bono Edge looked from one to the other, and realised je might as well be not there, his expression becoming thoughtful, then frowning a little he got up from his chair “Y’know I think I am just gonna show myself out, Things to do, people to see, and leave you two, to um.. Get a chance to wake up properly”

“Oh you don’t have to go” Anneka protested realising Edge seemed suddenly to want to beat a hasty retreat, and she was somehow responsible.

“Yes he does” Bono spoke up, “Didn’t you hear him, people to see things to do, we don’t want to hold him back.. Right mate” he queried his blue eyes resting on Edge

“Right” Edge smiled.

When he had gone Anneka immediately frowned at Bono, “Why did he feel he had to leave like that? do you think he knows something is going on between us?”

“Could do. He is very perceptive is our Edge” Bono replied as he took a draw from his cigarette. His eyes narrowed, “does it really matter if he does now? He eventually will anyway” he then pointed out

“I guess not” Anneka relented “I guess its going to be hard to hide from those who are close to us” she realised a little ruefully

All we got to let them do is speculate, don’t deny it or confirm it let them come to their own conclusions” Bono replied

“Well I guess I can deal with the band and those close to us knowing, but I think it is still a good idea to keep it out of the public eye.. At least till we get the book out, we want all the attention on that, and it’s cause, not our love life”

“I agree” Bono nodded, then smiled, “I like it that you have accepted we have a love life now”

“Well after last night, its hard to deny” Anneka grinned.

Bono got up, crushing his cigarette out in the nearby ashtray, “And speaking about our love life, this is a perfect time to get in some more loving” he told her huskily as he came around the table and pulled her out of the seat and into his arms.

“Are you sure you are not too exhausted still?” Anneka asked teasingly

“Never when I am around you” he returned kissing her soundly.

As they were promoting Jan’s book in Major cities like London, New York, Paris, It was not hard for Anneka and Bono to be together.

Though those close to them where now aware of the blossoming romance between them, they promised to keep it quiet so all the publicity would be concentrated on the book as the two desired.

So if Bono appeared in public photos with Anneka, kissing her chastely on the cheek or holding her hand, to the world in general it was just him being his usual flirty self around pretty women as he always was, and no one suspected it was anymore to it than that,

But in privacy, when there were no camera’s about, and no one watching them they both enjoyed more intimate moments together.

Although Bono was happy that he and Anneka were finally become a couple, he was not contented until he convinced her that their relationship could last a lifetime if they wanted to put the effort into it. He was determined to chip away even further at her cynicism as Anneka discovered when they were in America and he insisted on taking her to meet some friends of his

These turned out to be Jimmy and Rose Graham who owned a horse ranch, both of them elderly in their mid 70’s but still sprightly despite that.

Jimmy Graham was in the music business in the Sixties his wife Rose, or Rosie as he affectionately called her was an actress who had a pretty successful career in the sixties and seventies

The couple had been married before to other people and had both been divorced when they met and fell in love, but had been happily married now for over twenty years, and were still very much in love

Something Bono kept emphasising to Anneka, that despite the two of them having high pressure public careers they had made it work

“Annie here isn’t a great believer in enduring love and romance” Bono informed Rose and Jimmy as they sat around the table in the sunny patio at the back of the ranch, having drinks, Bono sat next to Anneka holding onto her hand, she found out he liked having some sort of physical contact with her every chance he got, and she quite enjoyed it as well, and in their present company she felt completely comfortable with it as well

“She thinks it can’t really happen with our kind of lifestyle, I have been trying to convince her different, I thought you two were a great example”

Jimmy chuckled, “Well I guess we should be flattered though I can understand why she feels the way she does.. Its certainly hard work making relationships work, so many thing can get in the way to ruin it”

“That’s what I keep telling him” Anneka replied, “I don’t believing in building my hopes too high.. Then the less you end up falling when they crash”

“Maybe you can give us some tips” Bono then addressed the elderly couple sitting across from them, “you managed to make it work”

Rose looked thoughtful, “Yes, I guess we have. Not that we didn’t have our problems along the way, but I guess its down to how much you want to make it work.. How much you are willing to sacrifice to keep it going, if you think it is worth it” she replied.

“You also need good communication, and a sense of humour” Jimmy spoke up, “Believe me when the going gets rough, its good you can look back and still be able to laugh together, even at the bad times”

“We’ve been working really hard on the communication part” Bono grinned, and Anneka felt him squeeze her hand “There has been some crossed wires along the way, but we got them sorted”

“Yes” Anneka smiled “Communication is very important, I found that out from my first marriage when it was practically non existent. But I think what drew me to Bono was the fact I can talk with him about anything, and even if we don’t talk, we can communicate just by looks” she admitted

“Well you are halfway there then” Jimmy said cheerfully,

“And the other biggie is forgiveness and understanding, be prepared to forgive and say sorry to each other” Rose then spoke up, “Sometimes our stupid pride stops us doing that and we end up worse of, believe me its happened to us a few times, then we caught ourselves on in time luckily enough” she reached out to pat her husbands hand, . “We have had our ups and downs, but thankfully we are still happy together, and I feel so blessed“
Anneka watched the elderly company exchange looks that told her that indeed they were still very much in love, it was heart lifting to witness and she was glad Bono had brought her to meet them.

She pondered if that could be her and Bono down the line in twenty years time.. It would be lovely.. But she still was not completely convinced, she guessed only time
would tell

Back
Top Bottom