model behaviour pt 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
Sorry I took a bit longer getting on with this bit.. I wrote half of it, then read it back and didn't like it.. so had to wait for my inspiration to come up with something that made me happier.. so here ya go.....

Bono reluctantly returned with Anneka to join the others again, They made a point of not being seen together very much, talking with other people circulating around the room. But it didn’t stop the odd furtive glance at each other when they thought no one else was paying them attention and exchanging knowing smiles.

Anneka’s head was still spinning when she thought about what had occurred between her and Bono. Maybe it had been written in the cards that it would happen, and fighting against it had been in vain.

And now as she sat in the crowded living room of Bono’s house she found it hard to concentrate on the other conversations going around her, she spent most of the evening just smiling her mind a million miles away, and the question of ‘What now?’
most prominent in her brain.

Finding it impossible to think on the implications of what was happening in a noisy crowded room, she could not wait for the moment she could bide everyone goodnight and go to her room, it was fairly late so mo one would think she was being a party pooper or was doing anything out of the ordinary.

Bono took the opportunity to come over and hug her. Planting a kiss her chastely on her cheek and wishing her goodnight, a secret look passing between them, that they were aware that tonight and things between them had changed. Being the host he was unable to excuse himself so easily she realised ruefully. But they would get a chance to talk sometime in privacy, and there was so much to talk about.

In her bedroom lying on top of the bed, and not in the least sleepy as she had claimed to be downstairs, she found herself staring up at the ceiling contemplating what was happening.

These last lot of years she had lived by her own philosophy, that nothing lasts forever, especially love and relationships, and commitment was a fool’s game

She wasn’t sure Bono had convinced her otherwise yet. Yes she was physically attracted to him, cared about him a lot. But that didn’t mean they would grow old and grey together, She wasn’t going to kid herself a kiss between them meant that.

So she told herself she wasn’t going to think in the long term perspective. She was now busy trying to convince herself, there was no reason why she and Bono could not have a relationship, and so what? If it did not work out, they could still end up amiable friends when it ended.

Maybe this is what she needed to get him out of her system, maybe half the attraction had been because she thought a relationship with him was something unattainable. Yes the best way to take this was in a casual manner, no different than her other brief but enjoyable love affairs.

She could still hear the partying going on downstairs, strains of a guitar, and people singing, she could hear Bono’s distinct voice, found herself reliving the moment a few hours ago when he had kissed her and felt a hot flush of longing go through her body.

Only this time she allowed herself the pleasure of enjoying it, smiling dreamily and hugging her pillow imagining it was Bono, Was this love? She wasn’t sure, but it was madness she found herself deciding laughing to herself

She was still awake, in the early hours of the morning, everything was quieter now, then the gentle tap on her bedroom door, made her sit up

“Annie are you awake?” she could just about make out Bono’s lowered tone at the other side of the door. She got up to open it to find him standing there looking a little weary, but smiling

What are you doing here?” she hissed glancing up and down the hallway to make no one else was about

“It’s ok, everyone else is asleep and gone to bed finally.. well except for me… I couldn’t think about sleeping. I wanted to see to you, to be alone with you for a while. It has been murder staying away from you most of the night like nothing was happening” Bono replied

Anneka knew exactly what he meant, she let Bono enter her room closing the door as quietly as possible after her. She turned and found herself swiftly pulled into his arms so he could kissed her soundly, leaving her a little breathless when they finally pulled apart.

This is crazy” Anneka couldn’t help giggling

“Tell me about it, I feel like I am a sixteen year old kid again, sneaking around my own house trying not to get caught out “ Bono told her, “Though it is kindda fun too” he admitted. With a wicked grin

She could feel the warmth of his hands through the thin material of her nightdress sliding down over her back, sending delicious sensations through her of the new intimacy between them. At the same time she was still resolved not to get too carried away with what was happening between them. She pulled back from him a little.

"You know, we are going to sort out how we are going to deal with this new development in our relationship, I have been thinking a lot on it” she informed him sounding almost businesslike

Bono looked amused, “Really? Its got me a bit preoccupied too, I keep thinking what I would like to do with you once I get you on my own” he confessed wolfishly.

“Well that’s not exactly what I was thinking of” despite trying to remain serious, Anneka couldn’t help smiling at his insinuation, “I was thinking more about handling the publicity when it finally does come out, which I have no doubt it will despite our best efforts to keep it private”

“Always thinking ahead Annie” Bono mused, “I guess old habits die hard. Next you will be wanting me to hire am official publicist to make an announcement about our relationship all nice and neat and make sure it doesn’t tarnish our image”

“You are mocking me” Anneka realised in dismay “I am trying to be sensible about all this” she then pointed out defensively

“Love isn’t meant to be sensible and boxed in a neat package to present to the world Annie” Bono replied his tone a little kinder, “For now lets just enjoy it, let it be spontaneous, find its own path, and to hell with everything else”

“That would be fine if we were Mr and Miss Nobody, but we are not. We are in the public eye.. And even more so with our responsibility to our charity work” Anneka reminded him “There are people out there wanting us to fall on our faces, to screw things up, it sells headlines”

“I am quite aware of that,” Bono now looked as earnest as she did, “I have been aware of it for most of my life, and I think I have got by fine, and how? By not caring what they think or say. If I know it feels right here in my heart” he tapped his chest area, “That’s what I follow, not what other people write or say about me.. If that was the case I would have went under a long time ago”

I admire you for that Bono, honestly I do” Anneka smiled up at him, “I wish I could be like you sometimes, not always worrying about my image, but its hard with my career the way I was brought up.. I find it hard to follow my heart”

“I do understand Annie” Bono replied gently, “I just want you to realise this isn’t about the rest of the world, this is about us, you and me”

I am trying, but this is a whole different ballgame” Anneka sighed, “So much at stake” she realised she wasn’t just talking about their charity projects. She was about to open her heart again, to love someone again, and it was scary because she was still not sure it was going to work between them.

“Its gonna be ok” Bono told her holding her close, “You got to stop worrying about the future and everything going wrong, for now lets care about the present, right here and now. And at the moment I am liking it very much” he smiled, meaningfully as he tightened his hold around her pressing her close against him again, he then started to nuzzle her neck teasingly murmuring “Go on admit it, tell me you like it as well”

Anneka found herself laughing and made a half hearted attempt to push him away, trying to ignore the affect Bono was having on her body, a stubbornness in her refusing to relent that he was turning her into a melting puddle of goo with his expert caress

But he pulled her closer and kissed her again, refusing to let her of so easily, she found it impossible to resist him any further, not that she even wanted to, responding to his kisses with as much fervour, getting caught up in their heated passion, she felt she was on the brink and she was going to drown and lose what semblance of self control she had left, it was an exciting, yet scary feeling,

“Bono” she found herself gasping and pulling away from him, suddenly wondering what she was doing, and not sure if she could go through making the final step.

“Do you think we should really be doing this now.. I mean the house is full of people what if someone comes looking for you?” she asked anxiously.

“Everyone is asleep Annie” Bono reminded her, “Its ok, that is unless you want me to go” His blue eyes rested on her steadily. she could still see the shadow of desire in them “If you do, just say so I will understand”

She looked up into his face, contemplating his words, knowing he was sincere. But instead of releasing him, she found herself clinging to him tighter.

Smiling she shook her head, “No, I don’t want you to go.. Please stay” she told him quietly yet with certainty in her tone, deciding to do as he would do.. following her heart

And as his lips claimed hers again she knew there was no going back…..

I should get back to this shouldn't I?

but I let real life distract me to the point I couldn't think about writing at all lately:reject:

I am a terrible procrastinator:|

But hopefully have something for you soon, I need some inspiration:ohmy:

pics might help, though at the moment I am listening to u2 on my mp3 player, nothing like having Bono sing into you ear to get the creative juices flowing:drool: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom