Miscellaneous Pix Mix 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I agree about the media coverage. I have been looking for complete footage of this event for years. We came close a few years back, some guy had supposedly bootlegged and was willing to trade, but he's never responded to any of our offers (which have been quite extensive).

Part of the security and lack of media might be because this was around the time there were some threats towards Bono. We were patted down and searched by the US National Guard as we went in, if that's any indication of how tight it was. There were NO cameras. Not like they say "no cameras" at U2 shows, no one even tried. The funny thing was, I ended up sitting next to Warren Buffet, and he drove himself in his modest looking Cadillac! :giggle:

I hope that I'm referring to the same "Heart of America" event as the two of you are.

But in Lincoln, Nebraska, on the very first "Heart of America" event (World AIDS Day 1 Dec 2002) which publicly launched DATA, I was with a group of "specially invited guests" and sat in the second row on the right hand side of the stage.

While there was a strict "no cameras" policy, me and about a dozen other people (in the "special invitation" section) upfront basically ignored this dictum and I took a series of GREAT pictures of Bono, Ashley Judd, Lance Armstrong, Agnes Nyamayarwo and the Children from Ghana who sang "American Prayer" with Bono.

These were the "illegal" pictures that I gave Bono in Chicago on 9 May 2005. He laughed when I called them "illegal" pictures of him. :sexywink:

These pictures have only been given to Bono and a friend of his and will never be seen online.

So, there are photos out there of this event but I think everyone who took some pics that night wish to respect the privacy of those involved in the pics.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

I'm referring to Dec. 1, 2002. We were not "special" enough to be disobeying, but I didn't even own a camera until years later so it didn't matter. We were patted and had coats and bags searched by the National Guard. I dunno what the label was on my section, I ended up next to Warren Buffet and his wife and we were close enough to notice that Bono's fly was down nearly the whole time.

I've got all the pics I need; we're looking for a video, something complete.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought you said in your post that was just above mine that "there were no cameras", now you say that you have pics of that event. :huh:

It doesn't really matter. I was sitting as a guest of one the organizations that was "on tour" with DATA that evening.

No biggie either which way.

Your post seemed to suggest that there were no pics from that evening - I was simply affirming that there were pics taken that night.

I guess that should be the end of our story, LivLuv.

LOVE AND PEACE. :bonodrum:

No, I was saying that media coverage in general was restricted, just like it was here in GR on May 4. Fan pictures and bootlegs don't effect media coverage. I've got several pictures, not my own since I didn't even own a camera until Nov. 2004.

:scratch: I don't see in LivLuv's post where she said she had pictures. I think she even says she didn't own a camera.

:shrug:

Schmeg said:
:scratch: I don't see in LivLuv's post where she said she had pictures. I think she even says she didn't own a camera.

exactly. :up: anyway...more pics! :) :wave:

urghscary.jpg

with Miss sarajevo herself
f9007621.jpg

ufgroup.jpg

Schmeg said:

I do have several, they're just not ones we took. I didn't own a camera and my friends didn't take one along, so it wasn't an issue for us. I doubt many people that weren't in the "special" section have many of their own either, since cameras were taken away at the door and anyone far enough to get away with it would've been too far to get a decent shot.

The next weekend, my friends took their cameras and we got tons of great shots from the front row (cameras were allowed). These pics are not on the 'net because the exist as negatives and hard copies. I could scan them if I could find them...

JCOSTER said:

My prayers tonight:
Dear God; Thank you for Bonos gorgeous chin. Amen :D

Agreed! But I didn't know whether to put this in my "chin scar" file or my "sharp dressed man" file. Oy! Decisions! :wink:

Bono Mot said:

Agreed! But I didn't know whether to put this in my "chin scar" file or my "sharp dressed man" file. Oy! Decisions! :wink:

:shocked: YOU ORDER YOUR FILES :faint:

wow... when did you see the light :wink:

I could scan them if I could find them...

oh I'd love to see some! I got sent a card from the One campaign by a friend, and it had one pic of Bono on it, I think from DATA... shadeless, with the army cap and he was shaking hands with a kid.. :)
this is the second story I hear on Bono walking with his fly down :giggle: oh he really should get some sense of dressing himself.. :laugh:
the chrismas socks made me lol too, that was your story aswell wasn't it??

Galeongirl said:

oh I'd love to see some! I got sent a card from the One campaign by a friend, and it had one pic of Bono on it, I think from DATA... shadeless, with the army cap and he was shaking hands with a kid.. :)
this is the second story I hear on Bono walking with his fly down :giggle: oh he really should get some sense of dressing himself.. :laugh:
the chrismas socks made me lol too, that was your story aswell wasn't it??

OK, I have several of them framed, but they are all in the new house....you know that story!!

Yeah, his fly was down and finally he figured it out and pulled it up. And his sock was one green, one red (that might've been the next weekend in Louisville though).

OK, I have several of them framed, but they are all in the new house....you know that story!!

Yeah, his fly was down and finally he figured it out and pulled it up. And his sock was one green, one red (that might've been the next weekend in Louisville though).

:lol: getting in the mood for christmas..

I hope you can get in the new house soon :wink:
Lol I think Bono will never really grow up :giggle: sometimes he's such a little kid!

Galeongirl said:
this is the second story I hear on Bono walking with his fly down

I think he started that "trend" early on...

TS008.jpg

:giggle: :wink:

Galeongirl said:

:shocked: YOU ORDER YOUR FILES :faint:

wow... when did you see the light :wink:

Smart arse! :der: Hey, I didn't say I remembered where I put the pics...just that they're in files somewhere! Likely named "bonoscruff7millionand12" :wink:

Are you sure it's not filed under "Bono woot freckle" Mot? :shifty:

(And I think those pants were just too tight to get the zipper all the way up :giggle: )

bonocomet said:
Are you sure it's not filed under "Bono woot freckle" Mot? :shifty:

(And I think those pants were just too tight to get the zipper all the way up :giggle: )

bonowootfreckle :giggle:

And, I dunno, that whole "trouble with the zipper" pic works just fine for me. :shrug:

:wink:

That's quite a pic of Bono's trail there... :hmm: wonder if we're allowed to post the best trail pics or would that be considered too risque?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom