Miscellaneous Pictures #46

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono looks as if he was unable to stop talking during the photo shoot. Or if he was just about to start talking again. Seriously, it isn't exactly flattering to be photographed with your mouth open unless you're in the middle of a concert, singing. :lol:

Was there ever video of these speeches? Larry and Edge look amused in the group shot - while Adam and Bono look tired or dumb.

So I guess this is available in the US, yes?

Yes, I bought it yesterday but it's been out for a while. (Jan 2012) I had to go to 3 stores to find it. I think the Feb. issue is about to come out soon.

Please! Quality of those is fine!:hyper:

Just so you know, there isn't too much mentioned about U2 in it at all, it's more like a timeline of everything going on with all the bands, but there are a couple little things. :wink:

What's the context around the gay jokes? I mean, yes, it was obviously a joke, but I'm cringing a bit.

What's the context around the gay jokes? I mean, yes, it was obviously a joke, but I'm cringing a bit.

I didn't read the article line for line yet, I just sort of scanned it for U2 mentions and hardly saw any at all, and I never even came across that part. I think someone mentioned it was in Larry's speech though? I'll look again.

OH wait! I do remember something! Something about Chris Martin wondering if he was gay when he was a teen because of his attraction to U2 and another band? :huh: I might be remembering wrong. I'll go check and make sure.

1:46 PM: Chris Martin is onstage to honour Gary Barlow. "As a young boy, two groups of men excited me," he says. "One was U2, the other was a group of dancers from Stoke and Manchester. I thought, Am I gay? Or is this guy just a classic songwriter? It turns out 20 years later that he's a classic songwriter..."

2:50 PM: It's the big one: The Greatest Act Of The Last 25 Years. An unusually humble Bono accepts, declaring: "If The Clash were up here we'd be carrying their gear..." Larry Mullen, meanwhile, has "a message for Chris Martin - you're gay!"

bonocomet said:
1:46 PM: Chris Martin is onstage to honour Gary Barlow. "As a young boy, two groups of men excited me," he says. "One was U2, the other was a group of dancers from Stoke and Manchester. I thought, Am I gay? Or is this guy just a classic songwriter? It turns out 20 years later that he's a classic songwriter..."

2:50 PM: It's the big one: The Greatest Act Of The Last 25 Years. An unusually humble Bono accepts, declaring: "If The Clash were up here we'd be carrying their gear..." Larry Mullen, meanwhile, has "a message for Chris Martin - you're gay!"

Larry :applaud: :lol:

Didn't Bono also say that he cries every time he has to hear a Coldplay song? Or was that made up....

Obviously they're joking around but it's funny.

Good to see Larry has a sense of humour.

Chris, Chris, you're not the only one, a lot of straight men have a crush on these Irish guys. It's totally normal, just accept it.

:lol:

bonocomet said:
MrC once told me he thinks JT Bono is quite sexy. :hmm:

My husband would never admit to that. He feels I betrayed him because I was a Larry gal when we met. That might be true, but I was Bono's looong before MrR came onto the scene. Like 1984-85.....

I made some screencaps from this video, just some stuff I thought was kind of cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASy3Y7u2Cys&feature=player_embedded

underworld3601.jpg

underworld3602.jpg

underworld3603.jpg

underworld3604.jpg

underworld3605.jpg

underworld3606.jpg

underworld3607.jpg

underworld3608.jpg

underworld3609.jpg

underworld36010.jpg

underworld36011.jpg

underworld36012.jpg

.... there's a harmonica on Daddy's Gonna Pay? Since when? :huh:

I can't say that a version of that song with harmonica is on my list of "arrangements of U2 songs I'd like to hear."

.... there's a harmonica on Daddy's Gonna Pay? Since when? :huh:

I can't say that a version of that song with harmonica is on my list of "arrangements of U2 songs I'd like to hear."

:lol: Right. I've been trying to figure out that label myself, it looks like abbreviations for something, but I haven't thought about it too hard yet. :wink:

That's awesome. I'm surprised they let them take pictures and video down there. And they were playing classical music over the sound system? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom