Miscellaneous Pictures #43

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He must have a new one already, given the amount of traveling he did during the tour. :giggle:

I just find it hard to believe thats all. We are all entitled to our opinion. I, for one, don't believe it. End of story.

you've been here for a few months while GG has been here for 6 years. If she posts something like this then I believe what she says is true. However, if you posted something like this then there's no way I'd believe it because you haven't been around long enough to prove yourself. :shrug:

At any rate...I find it a bit unprofessional of the photographer to share a passport photo she took of anyone, famous or not. But that's just me I guess. Nice pic and all but I don't think she should have made something like that public. I wouldn't want my passport of driver's license photo floating around online.

At any rate...I find it a bit unprofessional of the photographer to share a passport photo she took of anyone, famous or not. But that's just me I guess. Nice pic and all but I don't think she should have made something like that public. I wouldn't want my passport of driver's license photo floating around online.

Thats EXACTLY why I don't believe it.

All though it is a breach of privacy the picture is lovely, does any body have a link for the story about not leaving the airport I've never seen it? & is there one of Larry floating around??

It's mentioned very briefly here.

:reject: I don't see it as a breach of privacy myself, simply because she seemed to be travelling with them at that time and I'm sure, and would hope, someone working that closely with them would've surely asked for permission to add something like that to their online portfolio. I'd feel weird about it if it was a scan of a passport that some airport employee had shared - which I've seen done before.

Ok guys, I got an email back.

This is his actual PASSPORT photo!

It was taken in Lesotho in 2006, and Bono's passport was full. So he needed a new pic to go with his new passport. That's why he wasn't wearing his shades and looks so serious.

Ohhh, I remember hearing about this! There was an article about it saying that Bono needed a new passport and a photographer who was traveling with him took a photo for it. I never thought we'd get to see it, though! That's pretty cool. :up:

It was taken in Lesotho in 2006, and Bono's passport was full. So he needed a new pic to go with his new passport. That's why he wasn't wearing his shades and looks so serious.

:applaud: Amazing.

We have all these stupid rules here that you can't laugh, both ears must be visible, no hair in front of your face or ears, neutral facial expression(no smile, laugh, whatever) and stuff like that. :crack: It's a disaster getting an approved passport photo. And everyone looks horrible. :lol: So yeah, I know how you feel. Figures that Bono gets an awesome one. Bloody rockstar. ;)

It was the same here so mine looks horrible, then recently to go to the Moncton show my daughter got hers and they said hey you can smile now! They changed the rules. :D

OK, that's your problem. GG has been around these boards a little longer than you. It's not a big deal to actually write an e-mail to someone asking about a photo. Anyone could do it. Even you yourself if you don't trust other posters here. It's not like she said she called Bono and asked him to send her his passport picture.

Absolutely! I emailed a place about a certain photo that circulates around here and they were nice enough to email me back the original higher res version. It can be done! :D :wave:

The old dude at the auto club who took my pic probably didnt know they changed the law. :lol: He said I could smile but could not show teeth. He told me some other regulations too which I can't remember so by the time I processed all that and he snapped the pic I look like :huh:

There's some famous snowboarding (or something like that) guy I think who has this really nutty passport photo he had taken in like Tibet or something. Anyone know what I'm talking about? :reject:

Huh, when I got my passport in 2001, no one told me not to smile.

That was before they introduced the current rules, at least where I live. I had a passport made in 2001 and I was still allowed to smile on that picture. On the photo for my new passport, which was due early this year, I wasn't allowed to smile or have my hair in my face and stuff like that. Needless to say I prefer the old picture.

And as for Bono's passport picture: I don't think the photographer would have published this photo without Bono's approval. She may have taken a series of pictures of him and one of them could have been chosen for his passport. I don't see anything wrong with it, especially since she didn't explicitly say that it's his passport picture on her website. I also think he must have had several new passports in the meantime, given the amount of traveling the man does, so this one must be obsolete by now.

It isn't against the law to publish a picture that happens to be in someone's passport. Bono must have had dozens of new passport photos taken in the meantime. Unlike paparazzi photos of private moments I don't see this as an invasion of privacy, and as I said before I'm pretty sure Bono didn't disapprove of her putting the picture up on a public website.

After all, it's a beautiful picture of a truly beautiful man and I much rather see one portrait of him without his shades than 100 pictures of him with the usual glasses on. There's nothing to hide, he is really gorgeous.

Thats EXACTLY why I don't believe it.

Well than you have more reason not to believe the photographer than GG. She simply passed on the information she got from the person who took the picture. We don't know if this particular photo was even used for Bono's passport in the end.

I just find it hard to believe thats all. We are all entitled to our opinion. I, for one, don't believe it. End of story.

If you don't, then what stops you from asking her yourself? Here, I'll even provide you with the link.
Kim Haughton | Photojournalist | Dublin | Ireland | Photographer
Click contact, it'll open a contact form.

Enjoy getting the same answer as me. But please, by all means come back and let everyone know that I am simply stating the truth.

As for the other things you try to make fun of, those are all simply refuted by facts.

The fact that Larry was in the Toronto Blue Jay's stadium the night before the show? Watch more tv. There was a news story that evening or the next morning. People in the hotel there saw it on the news. So Check back on the Toronto news sites to find that blurb.

That there are some people in the band's camp(note how I NEVER stated it's the BAND. That's what YOU made of it) are on this forum? Check Willie's diaries on U2.com. He even mentions at times that he's been looking around online, plus he mentions the ocasional fan opinions on songs they brought back, at one time it was a direct quote from a member on here.

If YOU don't believe me. Fine. But stop trying to ridicule me in public. As I don't just make shit up on the fly.

And I'm not even going back to the cancer issue since my uncle is likely dying this week from it. :|

Happy now?

If you don't, then what stops you from asking her yourself? Here, I'll even provide you with the link.

Enjoy getting the same answer as me. But please, by all means come back and let everyone know that I am simply stating the truth.

As for the other things you try to make fun of, those are all simply refuted by facts.

The fact that Larry was in the Toronto Blue Jay's stadium the night before the show? Watch more tv. There was a news story that evening or the next morning. People in the hotel there saw it on the news. So Check back on the Toronto news sites to find that blurb.

That there are some people in the band's camp(note how I NEVER stated it's the BAND. That's what YOU made of it) are on this forum? Check Willie's diaries on U2.com. He even mentions at times that he's been looking around online, plus he mentions the ocasional fan opinions on songs they brought back, at one time it was a direct quote from a member on here.

If YOU don't believe me. Fine. But stop trying to ridicule me in public. As I don't just make shit up on the fly.

And I'm not even going back to the cancer issue since my uncle is likely dying this week from it. :|

Happy now?

:up:

Happy now?

I want to apologize. Sometimes I come across wrong and for that I want to apologize.

I don't agree with your facts or what you bring to the table, but we agree to disagree.

Peace! :hug:

Yip he was!!! We were all happily looking at the Claw at the Bar area when the curtains suddenly and unexpectidly got closed, cos Larry was in the house. FACT :D

Ignore their shit GG, they troll on many parts of this forum :blahblah: not worth your breath! :hug: *Thumps chest V sign* :macdevil:

Actually for the record I never said Larry wasn't there. Read back - I was saying how could he be there and trolling these forums, as was previously stated way back when that the band actually reads these forums. :applaud:

Then I suggest you read back. I never stated the band was on here. I said someone in their camp had been checking this place. You were the one turning that into it being the band. :|

I think we need the photoshop picture of Bono trolling the forum. Or we need to make one. Wasn't his sceenname 'BonosHawtA$$'?

Then I suggest you read back. I never stated the band was on here. I said someone in their camp had been checking this place. You were the one turning that into it being the band. :|

Ahhh yes the whole "I don't believe in that many coincidences"

Hey, maybe I am Willie :wave:

Actually for the record I never said Larry wasn't there. Read back - I was saying how could he be there and trolling these forums, as was previously stated way back when that the band actually reads these forums. :applaud:

Larry trolling these forums?? Are you for real?? If he did, he would have looked once and said "What a load of old Bollix" and left never to return. :lol:

Larry trolling these forums?? Are you for real?? If he did, he would have looked once and said "What a load of old Bollix" and left never to return. :lol:

He'd have quit the band in an instant. NO more of this performing in front of these loonies. :lol:

Have you got Edge's passport photo?!?! :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom