(Mildly) Slashy Fic.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please don't insult me-yes, I read it. I'm not going to get sucked into this game. I've seen enough of it around here-frankly anyone who disagrees w/ you seems to become an object of insults.

This is what you wrote "falling star i highly recommend you dont begin knocking foray. that just wouldnt be a good idea, alright? "

I guess using the words "highly recommend" and "it wouldn't be a good idea" made it non threatening (?)

That's it, I'm done w/ this-have a good day :wave:

Oh, for cripes sake, Gickles!

You're making it seem like there was some big S&M thing or something going on in the story!

Nothing really sexual happened in the story! Okay? Kissing. That's it. Geez.

Who are you to decide what people can and can't post, anyway? You aren't a moderator.

It may be "filthy trash" or "crap" to you guys, but to other people it isn't, and they should be allowed to enjoy these stories if they wish. What you deem to be "inappropriate" may not be considered inappropriate to other people.

Like I said before, if this kind of thing bothers you guys so much, don't come to this area of the boards. Simple as that.

Argh. Some people.

Angela

funny, thats not the way it works around here. i write lots of stuff that gets people mad, and it always finds away to get closed because of the cry babies.

now the tables have turned.

^ I don't understand... A person writes a fanfic and posts it in the fan fiction folder... Why is it that the thread needs to be closed again? :scratch:

That is not the same as posting annoying comments everywhere like some people tend to do. :rolleyes:

MrsSpringsteen said:

I think perhaps you are "hyper-obsessed-possessed" w/ this issue. It's not my sort of thing either, but I find that there are far more important things in this world to get worked up over.

It works to ignore things too. I ignore certain types of threads on Interference when I choose to visit, and I'll have the class to just leave it at that :|

:up: :hug:

This is why I love PLEBA. Many of the girls here, like MrsSpringsteen, for example, don't like slash... I'd say a vast majority. Yet you don't see them popping into every slash thread making a comment about how sick they think it is. They do what most intelligent human beings do about the things they dislike: stay away from them.

im going to go ahead and say my piece here...and it might get me some flack for it.

i dont like slash. as a matter of fact, i hate it. i hate that its on interference. and this forum alone embarrasses me if larry, adam, edge or bono were to read stuff like that on this board.

i wish this forum never existed. now that i've said it, i won't bother to say it again.

^ I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way you do. Slash fiction is not the only thing posted in this forum, you know? There are lots of other kind of stories that you might enjoy, if you give them a chance.

i do, i actually read one of your stories, flaming. er...im not sure if it was you who wrote it...but i have one of them on my hard drive. im still not finished with it.

your username just sounds familiar. im probably thinking of someone else.

flaming june said:
^ I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way you do. Slash fiction is not the only thing posted in this forum, you know? There are lots of other kind of stories that you might enjoy, if you give them a chance.

Good point.

I'm not saying that I don't care for this forum...I just don't care for the slash.

Slash is a kind of fan fiction, but not all fan fiction is slash.

When I first came in here, which was Saturday night I think, and I saw the word slash written next to one of the stories I thought the story was gonna be like bloody or something. To me slash makes me think of something bloody or scary. Actually the movie Scream pops into my head when I think of something that is "slashy"

I would also like to know the origin of the word, Slash.

SpanishEyes21 said:
When I first came in here, which was Saturday night I think, and I saw the word slash written next to one of the stories I thought the story was gonna be like bloody or something. To me slash makes me think of something bloody or scary. Actually the movie Scream pops into my head when I think of something that is "slashy"
]

ME TOO! see, the first piece of fan fiction i read was rather funny about u2 joinging a high school marching band, and they all sucked except for larry cos he already played drums, they had edge playing trombone and adam on tuba or somehting. i think bono played flute. and i figured that this one that says 'slash'; next to it means that someone gets killed, gee, i hope it's not one of the band, no, no one would write that! and it must just be rated r cos it's bloody...

slash makes me feel sick. i think i'll leave the fan ficiton section now...

SpanishEyes21 said:
[B
I would also like to know the origin of the word, Slash.

hmmm...yeah me too...

clearly the voices of dissent are coming out of the woodwork. anyone interested, email me at beatricemilk@hotmail.com and we'll figure out a proper way of dealing with this issue with elvis and the mods.

i think we can accomplish something here. :up:

IWasBored said:

the first piece of fan fiction i read was rather funny about u2 joinging a high school marching band, and they all sucked except for larry cos he already played drums, they had edge playing trombone and adam on tuba or somehting. i think bono played flute.

I seem to recall that one! :lmao: That was great. I like the humorous fan fics. :laugh:

Gickies,

Im not against the FanFic section, but I guess the "slashy" stuff isn't for everybody. I feel if you dont like the type of writing that goes on in here then , dont come in here, its as simple as that.

Contrary to what someone (can't remember who) said, I don't think respect would lead one to write this slash stuff. You think that dichotomising your two versions of Bono/Larry - the slash fiction version and the 'real' life version - saves you from doing anything wrong. It doesn't. The act of building disrespectful fantasies around the real Bono is not a fictional one, it's a real solid act. So, really, there is no dichotomy.

foray

SpanishEyes21 said:
Gickies,

Im not against the FanFic section, but I guess the "slashy" stuff isn't for everybody. I feel if you dont like the type of writing that goes on in here then , dont come in here, its as simple as that.

Exactly.

Is that really that hard a concept to grasp? I didn't think it was.

"accomplish something here"-what exactly are we gonna accomplish? Censorship? Wonderful. :rolleyes:.

It's not fair to try and stop this kind of writing (which, once again, is VERY mild in its sexual tones in this story) just because someone personally has a problem with it. That's what happened at Fanfiction.net. It was wrong there for them to take out any stories like that, and it's wrong now at this board.

These slash stories have been going for a very long time, so if U2 have ever come across these stories, if they were really bothered by them they'd have said so.

Plus, what, Gickles, you think you're gonna stop people from writing slash? If they don't write it here they'll write it somewhere else-are you gonna try and stop them from writing this sort of thing elsewhere, too?

This section's been here for a long time. If you could live with what's being written here before, you can live with it now.

Here's the simple way to accomplish this issue:

If you like slash, read slash.

If you don't like slash, don't read slash. Read some other story here that isn't slash, or don't come to this area of the boards at all.

That way, people can continue to write the stories they want to write, and those who don't like them don't have to read them.

And it'll be fair to everyone.

Angela

MrsSpringsteen said:
Um, are you "threatening" Falling Star in some way? I don't think that's a "good idea" either.
:hug:

I wasn't knocking foray in any way, my dear. I thought (and still do) that this thread and the devided opinions are indeed funny.

You making so much efforts for getting something banned which you hate. Couldn't you do more useful things with your time at all??

But before that starts again, flaming june is completely right: [...]They do what most intelligent human beings do about the things they dislike: stay away from them.:up:

to even hint that i am not intelligent is folly.

everything i did served a purpose, and people have thanked me. trust me, because of all this, the mods are aware and are now reviewing the situation.

until a decision has been made by them, i will leave this forum alone.

your welcome.

FallingStar said:
You making so much efforts for getting something banned which you hate. Couldn't you do more useful things with your time at all??

Exactly.

Originally posted by FallingStar
But before that starts again, flaming june is completely right: [...]They do what most intelligent human beings do about the things they dislike: stay away from them.:up:

Yep.

The mods are reviewing this whole thing, eh?

Well, hopefully they'll wind up deciding to just leave this forum the way it is now.

Angela

Considering this is my story causing this, I will say this and hopefully be done with it.

1. My story was not sexual in anyway. It contained kissing, which, if you were true U2 fan and had ever attended a concert or even watched a concert video, would know actually <I>does<I> happen between the members; I have a million and one pictures of Bono kissing Edge or Larry sitting in Bono's lap, etc.

2. If you don't like slash, don't read it.

3. I think U2 has made it very clear that they despise censorship.

4. Just because I wrote this does not mean it is reality. Any person with half a brain will know that this is not real, and more often than not I make disclaimers stating just that.

5. Your reaction makes me wonder less if you have a problem with slash and more a problem with homosexuality.

6. And if the mods get rid of this, I may have to reconsider my attendance here. You'll note that fanfiction.net eliminated RPS, and they have since lost an incredible amount of membership.

And for anyone who is curious, the name "slash" came from how a "pairing" in a fic (story) is written, i.e., Bono/Larry. See the slash there?

Last edited:
lardencelover said:
Considering this is my story causing this, I will say this and hopefully be done with it.

1. My story was not sexual in anyway. It contained kissing, which, if you were true U2 fan and had ever attended a concert or even watched a concert video, would know actually <I>does<I> happen between the members; I have a million and one pictures of Bono kissing Edge or Larry sitting in Bono's lap, etc.

yeah, i know. i've seen more pictures like that than i can count. but i'd just never thought of it like that...you know?

lardencelover said:

i know, and i don't. i don't even remember why i'm in this thread.

lardencelover said:

fair enough. still wonder though...

lardencelover said:

4. Just because I wrote this does not mean it is reality. Any person with half a brain will know that this is not real, and more often than not I make disclaimers stating just that.

hence the word FICTION. no brainer, of course a fan fic isn't real. i know that.

lardencelover said:

5. Your reaction makes me wonder less if you have a problem with slash and more a problem with homosexuality.

i'm not sure if this is directed at gickies, or anyone who has come in here and said anything negative about slash in general. it's not so much a problem with homosexuality, it's with who it is that's in the story. if this was any other band, it would be the same thing. not speaking for anyyone else, it's just my issue with it.

lardencelover said:

And for anyone who is curious, the name "slash" came from how a "pairing" in a fic (story) is written, i.e., Bono/Larry. See the slash there?

ah...very clever...

yeah i kow i didn't have to say antrthing about any of this, i'm just a little defeinsive sometimes, ok?

lardencelover said:

6. And if the mods get rid of this, I may have to reconsider my attendance here. You'll note that fanfiction.net eliminated RPS, and they have since lost an incredible amount of membership.

Exactly!

There ya go.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom