Met Bono last year in front of studio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delphine

The Fly
Hi,

I met Bono twice in front of their studio in Dublin. I also met Adam and the Edge. Bono is very nice, he is funny, charming, very nice to fans. He takes pics, and talks to the fans. He is very gorgeous in person. I had him sign a picture I had..the one with him in the bathtub, smoking and drinking champagne. He got a big kick out of it and asked me if I blew this picture up. I told him No, it was from a U2 calendar, but I loved it along with every other girl that comes into my apartment and see it on the wall. He took his time signing it and had a big smile on his face while doing so. When I first went up to him, I said "Hi Bono, I am Delphine." He took my hand and pulled me towards him for a photo and said, "Hi Delphine, nice to meet you. He smelled beautiful and he was shorter in person than I expected. He was lovely. Adam is the coolest and most down to earth in the band. Edge is nice, but I think he is shy around his fans. He came out and signed autographs. I have pics with all three of them. It was a dream come true. I love them all. Bono is my favorite. I love him to death! He is the sexiest man alive.
:):drool: :heart: :love: :love: :love: :bono:

Delphine said:
Hi,

I met Bono twice in front of their studio in Dublin. I also met Adam and the Edge. Bono is very nice, he is funny, charming, very nice to fans. He takes pics, and talks to the fans. He is very gorgeous in person. I had him sign a picture I had..the one with him in the bathtub, smoking and drinking champagne. He got a big kick out of it and asked me if I blew this picture up. I told him No, it was from a U2 calendar, but I loved it along with every other girl that comes into my apartment and see it on the wall. He took his time signing it and had a big smile on his face while doing so. When I first went up to him, I said "Hi Bono, I am Delphine." He took my hand and pulled me towards him for a photo and said, "Hi Delphine, nice to meet you. He smelled beautiful and he was shorter in person than I expected. He was lovely. Adam is the coolest and most down to earth in the band. Edge is nice, but I think he is shy around his fans. He came out and signed autographs. I have pics with all three of them. It was a dream come true. I love them all. Bono is my favorite. I love him to death! He is the sexiest man alive.
:):drool: :heart: :love: :love: :love: :bono:

Wow Dephine! Thats so great! You are very lucky, getting so close to Bono :drool: I love his reaction to the piccie you got signed. I want to take that pic to Manchester with me to try and get signed :) Can you post your pics? Id love to see them. thanks!

Jo.

Meeting Bono last year

I forgot how to post pics, can you tell me how? Or, I can email them to you if you give me your email address. As for the studio change, when they change the studio, I am sure when they are in their next for their new album, they will come out and greet fans. If I were you two, I would hang out in front of the hotel they are staying at during the tour in your city as well as the arena the day of the concerts during dress rehearsals. A lot of people have met them that way. Good luck! I will pray for you both that you meet the band!!!

Love and Peace,
Delphine

Lisa in the UK

Lisa,
Have you gone to see U2/UK? I saw them last year the week before I met Bono and the gang. They are brilliant. You should go and see them, as they are the best U2 cover band I have ever seen. I saw them in Weymouth, England. I have friends there. I love the UK! I wish I could live there. It is beautiful and the people there are wonderful. :)

Re: Meeting Bono last year

Delphine said:
If I were you two, I would hang out in front of the hotel they are staying at during the tour in your city as well as the arena the day of the concerts during dress rehearsals. A lot of people have met them that way. Good luck! I will pray for you both that you meet the band!!!

Love and Peace,
Delphine

Thanks for the good wishes - I think the hotel is the best bet but the trick is always trying to find out WHERE the are staying!

I hope you're right about them still coming out to greet fans at the studio :yes:

Re: To Bono's Love Slave...

Delphine said:
Is that you kissing Bono on the lips? I am jealous!!! I only got a hug and a kiss on the cheek, but I did not kiss him on the lips...lucky you!!!!!!

Nope, not me - stolen pic from PLEBA :sad:

But I do hope at some point in this tour to have a replacement pic that DOES have me in it! :hyper:

P.S.

You two will meet Bono...you have to believe. No one believe I would meet him, but my will and desire made it happen. And, I will meet him again. I wish you two could come to the Boston shows, we could all hang out and we would definitely meet them all together. Positive thinking...no negative thinking. For now on say..."WHEN I MEET BONO AND THE BAND" Never even think that you won't. You will!!!! :)
:cute: :bump: :up:

Here are Delphine's pics - sorry, snapfish shrinks them a bit:

34368%3A%3A323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232383257945%3Aot1lsi

34368%3A%3A323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323832579462ot1lsi

34368%3A%3A323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323832579463ot1lsi

Bono's house from the beach:
34368%3A%3A323232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323832579464ot1lsi

34368%3A%3A323232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3234%3E336%3E8%3B9%3EWSNRCG%3D323292348854%3Cnu0mrj

Good advice Delphine! Think positive about these things&i'm very jealous of whoever that is kissing Bono on the lips too! :drool:

Re: Lisa in the UK

Delphine said:
Lisa,
Have you gone to see U2/UK? I saw them last year the week before I met Bono and the gang. They are brilliant. You should go and see them, as they are the best U2 cover band I have ever seen. I saw them in Weymouth, England. I have friends there. I love the UK! I wish I could live there. It is beautiful and the people there are wonderful. :)

Hi Delphine,

No, I havent seen a U2 tribute band though that would be a lot of fun! And I've been to Weymouth a couple of times too! :) Thanks, I'll keep an eye out.. Thanks for the tip! :hug:

Re: Meeting Bono last year

Delphine said:
I forgot how to post pics, can you tell me how? Or, I can email them to you if you give me your email address. As for the studio change, when they change the studio, I am sure when they are in their next for their new album, they will come out and greet fans. If I were you two, I would hang out in front of the hotel they are staying at during the tour in your city as well as the arena the day of the concerts during dress rehearsals. A lot of people have met them that way. Good luck! I will pray for you both that you meet the band!!!

Love and Peace,
Delphine

Thanks! My sister and I are going to try to catch the band arriving at the gigs at Manchester and Twickenham. Im a bit worried that bono wont stop and sign outside the stadium gigs as Im guessing there will be lots more people waiting for him than at the US gigs!! I guess Im just getting nervous as I really want to meet him. We are also planning to go to Dublin when they start recording their new album, to get a similar sort of meeting to you -hopefully!! Thanks for the prayers hun, I appreciate it :hug:

bonosloveslave said:
Here are Delphine's pics - sorry, snapfish shrinks them a bit:

Thanks Bonosloveslave!

34368%3A%3A323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232383257945%3Aot1lsi

Wow, that is a stunning pic Delphine! :up: He looks gorgeous and so do you hon! I dont know if Id be brave enough to put my arm across him like you did! Hee!

34368%3A%3A323232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3234%3E336%3E8%3B9%3EWSNRCG%3D323292348854%3Cnu0mrj

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Delphine!

That pic of you and Adam is gorgeous! You both look great! :D

Man! I can't believe I still haven't met Adam and he lives 5 minutes away from my house. :laugh:

I'm gonna have to do soemthing about it.

To Niamh_Saoirse

Thanks for the comment on Adam. I have to say that Adam is the most approachable and easy going of the whole band. He is so down-to-earth that I was not afraid talking to him at all. When he came out, he walked across the street as if he wasn't the best bassist in the best band in the world. He was so nice, so humble. I cannot believe it. I was shaking when I met Bono. He is more intimidating. He is a bit cocky too, as much as I love him. But, Adam and the Edge are so kind and humble. Adam is the reason why I met Bono. He told me to come back to the studio when Bono was around. I love Adam. I never really liked him all that much because I am a huge Bono lover. But, after meeting Adam, I was so impressed he is up on my list. I love Bono but Adam rules too! :)

You must meet Adam. If I can travel across the ocean and meet him in one day, you can meet him too. I am jealous, I wish I lived in Dublin.
:wink:

Niamh..Question

You seemed to get close to Bono in your picture. Tell me your story meeting the band. How was it meeting Bono? Was he in a good mood when you met him? Were you as nervous as I?

:ohmy: ...my face when Bono came out of the studio door.

Adam is just the coolest. I definitely agree - I think I would be a lot more comfortable talking to Adam. From the fan encounters I've read, Bono is fantastic but personally, I'd be really, really nervous even talking to him. Adam just seems more easygoing and approachable. LOL!

Re: Niamh..Question

Delphine said:
You seemed to get close to Bono in your picture. Tell me your story meeting the band. How was it meeting Bono? Was he in a good mood when you met him? Were you as nervous as I?

:ohmy: ...my face when Bono came out of the studio door.

I knwo what you mean. I went blank when I saw Bono stepping out of the studio. :lol:

Here's a link to my story: http://forum.interference.com/t85482.html

And let me say, Ali is a lovely woman. Very approachable and cool. :D

Flavia! I just read your story..

It is brilliant! Did Bono laugh when the guy said, "Talk to the man...." Isn't Bono great? His hair is really auburn, as you can tell from meeting him in person. Did you meet Ali, you said that she is approachable and cool. She is beautiful. I saw her on TV for the Edun line. She was very articulate and seemed really sweet. She is always smiling. She looks like a sweetheart and God Bless her. I am sure it is not easy being married to the biggest rock star in the world, especially when there is women all over him all the time and temptation is very high.

Congrats! Have you seen the Vertigo show yet?

Yes, i met her at a Gavin Friday gig in Dublin. She was sitting in front of me. So after the show, I gathered some courage and went up to her to say hello and congratulate her for all the work she has done with CCP.

And you are right, she's always smiling and being friendly.

I saw her a few times at The Clarence when I was having drinks with some friends.

And as for Bono, he was a sweetheart. He knew I went blank so he grabbed and pulled me towards him. I swear I was in Heaven. lol

Another guy who is absolutely lovely is Dallas. He's so cool! Every time he saw us, he was liek: Hey guys! How are you? And stayed a few minutes talking to us.

Sam is cool too, but when he's in a bad mood just stay away. lol ;)

Re: To Niamh_Saoirse

Delphine said:
Thanks for the comment on Adam. I have to say that Adam is the most approachable and easy going of the whole band. He is so down-to-earth that I was not afraid talking to him at all. When he came out, he walked across the street as if he wasn't the best bassist in the best band in the world. He was so nice, so humble. I cannot believe it. I was shaking when I met Bono. He is more intimidating. He is a bit cocky too, as much as I love him. But, Adam and the Edge are so kind and humble. Adam is the reason why I met Bono. He told me to come back to the studio when Bono was around. I love Adam. I never really liked him all that much because I am a huge Bono lover. But, after meeting Adam, I was so impressed he is up on my list. I love Bono but Adam rules too! :)

You must meet Adam. If I can travel across the ocean and meet him in one day, you can meet him too. I am jealous, I wish I lived in Dublin.
:wink:

Delphine: what do you mean he seemed "cocky"? was he in a bad mood or something? just curious, the term can be taken differently a lot...

MattFromNYC---Answer to you question

Bono is so very approachable and funny and really, really sweet and nice, however, the first day I met him, he was in a bad mood and acted like he was doing us a favor coming out. But the second day, he was awesome. I don't blame the guy, he is human and we all get in bad moods. Plus, I am sure he was tired as he just came in from some trip. He still came out though. I have to give him credit for that. I love him....:)
Now for "cocky". This is what I mean about him being a tad bit cocky:
Adam and the Edge walk over the fans to greet them. Bono stands in the doorway with a sexy pose and waits for the fans to come to him...you know what I mean now?

well, was his body language saying something like "i dont feel like coming over there.. you guys come over here instead"?
if he was being funny, sweet, etc.. then what really gave the impression he was in a bad mood? by him not coming over right away?

i was sort of under the impression he kind of always did that... and maybe its due to security sort of reasons.. to stay closer by.
but in other cases, hes been known to make efforts to come over to people by himself... a few stories ive heard he'd have to bitch at security guys just to come over or walk through all kinds of crap to get to a fan or fans, lol.

i hope my post here doesnt sound rude, i wa just trying to figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom