Met Bono and (kinda) Edge in San Diego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*Ally* said:

missa, i just read the story on your blog about receiving the autographed CD... wow, just.. wow. that is so sweet. congratulations on your fantastic experience meeting bono! :cute:

hearing about bono's kindness reminds me of something that happened to someone i know a couple of years ago. bono was receiving some sort of award in NYC at the waldorf. my friend decided to go wait out front, to try to catch him on his way into or out of the ceremony. she runs her own small U2 fansite- nothing major or official or anything. bono stops to sign autographs as he's leaving, but she didn't want an autograph- she wanted to ask him a couple of questions for her website. when he got down the row of fans to her, she explained that she just wanted to ask a couple of questions for her fansite, and wondered if he had a few seconds. he said that unfortuantely, he didn't have time at the moment... she completely understood, since he was obviously quite busy. BUT, then bono asks for her phone number! she gives it to him, and he says he'll call her later. less than an hour later, she receives a call from... you guessed it, bono.

how nice is he?? he had absolutely no obligation to do that- this was not a reporter or someone with a press pass; this was just a girl outside with the rest of the fans, but he took the time to actually call her. *sigh* :)

... to have him call... dial the number... and then pick up and hear his voice say hello... :crack:

agentmissa said:

:reject: I'm soooo sorry. Here is a link to that... http://agentmissa.blogspot.com/2004/09/my-bono-story.html

Bono is so thoughtful. I mean, with having fans does come responsibilities. But he does more than he has to.

I wish I got to meet you ruffian. I love your pictures. Everyone just looks so dreamy eyed.

Wow, thank you Melissa.

that's a fabulous story,really, amasing he does this kinda stuff for his fans:drool:

I can't imagine other "stars" do that and even after all these years when they don't "need" it so much anymore.

Fantastic!!

Can I ask you an other question? Do/did you take art classes? I think your drawing is very good, i'd like to try that myself one day, but i doubt if I'd be any good at it.

karmic_postmark said:
Ruffian, can you please repost your picture with Bono I've never had the chance to see it. Pretty please?

here ya go, karmic. i'll repost the socks one, too...in case it has expired.

meandbono.bmp

socks.bmp

agentmissa said:

... to have him call... dial the number... and then pick up and hear his voice say hello... :crack:

*thud* I'd die.

greety said:

Can I ask you an other question? Do/did you take art classes? I think your drawing is very good, i'd like to try that myself one day, but i doubt if I'd be any good at it.

I took classes as a kid and just kept drawing/painting sense then. It's a great stress releaver.

agentmissa said:

I took classes as a kid and just kept drawing/painting sense then. It's a great stress releaver.

you're really talented, missa! i wish i could draw like that... :up:

ok, i'm all sprawled out on the rail because i was saving a space...and i should kill diamond for posting pix of me after i've been in the GA for 16 hours :slant: somehow the image of bono's paw on my shoulder in the preceding pic makes me not care that i look like hell :heart: :heart: :heart:

ruffian is one of those girls you like to just touch.

she has that baby soft supple skin.

true story.

-and u don't look bad on the rail.
often we are our own worst critics.

have fun in chi-town girl.

your friend,
diamond
:)

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Ruffian, you look gorgeous in those last 2 pics! :yes:

It must be the "Bono treatment":wink:
blech, but thanks :hug: it's the sleep-deprivation-haven't-showered all day-exhausted-but-excited look. :laugh:

karmic_postmark said:

I know I couldn't keep my hands off her (reaches over brushes lint off chest) in Seattle :sexywink:
oh, man, now the secret's out! :madspit:

:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom