Met Bono and (kinda) Edge in San Diego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
great stuff, ruff! Congratulations&well done!

Sounds like B was smitten with you&no wonder - you are a babe!

:cute:

Wonderful pix these are too! :applaud: :applaud: :rockon: :rockon:

Ruffian, that essay your friend wrote about you is beautiful.

As someone who is also part of the 40+ and Fabulous club, I understand so well the desire to see multiple U2 shows on this tour! And I am so glad I am not the only one who feels this way.

I am so very very glad you had a chance to meet Bono!

Diane L.

NicaMom said:
Diamond, these pictures belong to me , they were in a private album, how did get them?
I really want to keep them private.
Thank You!
Mariana

*pictures edited by Sicy. Edited per request of the person who's pictures they are [/B][/QUOTE]

Mariana-
Im sorry my bad:(
Got a little excited.. Pics were sent to me.:) Did not know they were yours.
Wished you would have reintroduced yourself being that you were in such close proximity to me and talking some pics that inadverently included my fathead next to Bono.:wink:

Again-apologies.

take care,

dave

Last edited:
diamond said:

Bono and I spoke briefly and after Ruffian, I was trying to steer him towards agentmissa and he let me know that he wasn't about to miss her.:hug:

:ohmy: Diamond, you are SO sweet! If I could give you the biggest hug right now I would. I didn't see you after you went to see if they were coming from the road and thought you missed it or something. THANK YOU!

I know I'm a little slow finding this tread but hey... better late than never...

To Kelly, it was a pleasure to finally meet you!:hug:

If anyone got a picture of Bono kissing me PLEASE contact me.

ok... here it is...
I got to the arena around 2:30pm. This time at the east gate they had a roped off area for all of us to wait in. So I found a place along the rope and watch and wait. I see some fans I know, Exit gals and Diamond, and wait for about an hour until the bus for Kings of Lion drives by. Then two black cars, about 10 minutes apart from each other, drive by. One carrying Adam, and one carrying Larry. Then a Car with The Edge drives by. About 15 minutes later he comes out of the gate and starts signing autographs. It was very orderly and calm. He made his way down the line of fans smiling the entire time.
DSCN0686.jpg

When he finally reached me he smiled at me and said hello. I responded with an excited high pitched hello and he then said, “How are you guys?” I said fine. He saw the picture I had for him to sign and immediately signed it.
DSCN0689.jpg

I told him I had taken it at Mondays show and told him “you guys rocked.” I then asked him if I could take a picture with him. He said, “Sure sweetheart, where’s your camera?” I pointed to Andrea and he leaned in and smiled.
DSCN0691.jpg

I thanked him and he continued down the line of fans. About 30 minutes later Bono’s black SUV comes driving up to us. His window is open and he is waving at the screaming fans. When he saw me I smiled the widest smile I could and he did that, opened mouth, silent scream face and then smiles and waves at me. The SUV continues to drive by and then stops about 10 feet past where I was in line.
DSCN0694.jpg

The crowd instantly hovered around the opened door. He spoke with fans while putting his shoes on. He then put his hat on, stepped out of the car, and started to sign autographs.
DSCN0700.jpg

Everyone made a crowd around him with me in the back. My friend asked one of the security guards to help us get to him but he seemed to ignore us. After waiting about five long minutes I felt tears running down my face. The security guards saw me and told people to step back so I could meet him to. Bono made his way down the edge of fans signing as he went. When he got to me he smiled and said hello. I said hello and he looked down at the drawing I had for him to sign.
DSCN0703.jpg

He asked me if it was of him. I said yes and he then picked it up to look at it. He told me it was very good and said “You made me look taller, thank you.” I thanked him and he then asked who he was signing it for. I told him Melissa and he signed it in blue ink. I then told him I wanted to thank him for sending me a signed cd from New York last year and that it meant the world to me. He paused and got this puzzled look on his face. After a moment he smiled and asked, “that was you?” I laughed and said yes. He then leaned over and kissed the top of my head. I thanked him again. He was just about to leave when my friend said wait, you have to sign one more thing. She handed him the picture I took on Monday. As he looked at it I told him I took it at Mondays show. He told me it was incredible and signed it right below Edge’s signature. I thanked him again, he smiled at me and then continued down the line of fans. When he got to the end of the crowd he got back into the SUV and waved one last time at me while rolling passed.

Last edited:
Well done Missa! That is wonderful for you! love Edge in that one!

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

It's great to read about so many new Interferencers meeting them! :wink: :up:

:wave:

Hi guys :) Finally got back home this evening. It was great meeting all the Plebans and interferencers :hyper:

I got my "intellectual tortoise" shirt signed by Edge and Bono :hyper: Hopefully, I'll have pictures later :).

When Bono signed Missa's picture, I knew I had seen it somewhere before (that's how I met Missa :) ).

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

Hi guys :) Finally got back home this evening. It was great meeting all the Plebans and interferencers :hyper:

I got my "intellectual tortoise" shirt signed by Edge and Bono :hyper: Hopefully, I'll have pictures later :).

When Bono signed Missa's picture, I knew I had seen it somewhere before (that's how I met Missa :) ).

Congrats with the shirt!!! :applaud:

Oh Kelly congratulations!!!!! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

I've been looking out for your post, after seeing your pic on here somewhere! I've been reading quite a few stories&getting very excited for everyone, so congrats&i'm very happy for you! :wink:

All the new pix have been so great to see! :yes: :up:

kellyahern said:

nice to meet u ms.kelly:)

db9

kellyahern said:

Yay Kelly! those pics are GREAT. It was so fun meeting you and all the other interferencers :)

Awwwwwwwww this thread is so awesome!!
Congrats to you Ruffian, to you Missa, to all of you that met Bono and Edge!!!! This thread made me smile :)
Congrats !!!

agentmissa said:
I then told him I wanted to thank him for sending me a signed cd from New York last year and that it meant the world to me. He paused and got this puzzled look on his face. After a moment he smiled and asked, “that was you?” I laughed and said yes..

He just sent you a cd?
Missa, would you like to tell us something more about this or is it private? Or did you write about it somewhere and I've missed it??

Thanks for giving us your story, wow, he's really a sweety ain't he? :wink:

greety said:

He just sent you a cd?
Missa, would you like to tell us something more about this or is it private? Or did you write about it somewhere and I've missed it??

Thanks for giving us your story, wow, he's really a sweety ain't he? :wink:

:reject: I'm soooo sorry. Here is a link to that... http://agentmissa.blogspot.com/2004/09/my-bono-story.html

Bono is so thoughtful. I mean, with having fans does come responsibilities. But he does more than he has to.

I wish I got to meet you ruffian. I love your pictures. Everyone just looks so dreamy eyed.

Missa-

I remembered Bono's face lighting up when you reminded him of him mailing you that autograhed CD.:yes:

And he said"Oh that was YOU!?"

It was a precious sight to behold.
:)
And we all saw it first hand:hug:

db9

Last edited:
Congratulations ruffian and Melissa!

:hug:

How exciting.

I can only hope that I have a bit of your luck!!!

diamond said:
Missa-

I remembered Bono's face lighting up when you reminded him of him mailing you that autograhed CD.:yes:

And he said"Oh that was YOU!?"

It was a precious sight to behold.
:)
And we all saw it first hand:hug:

db9

Hehe... I think I was so scared he would not remember I couldn't look at him... but the tone of his voice I remember perfectly..:cute:
Sorry I forgot to mention the "oh..." hehe...damn I'm all giggly again. :hug:

agentmissa said:

:reject: I'm soooo sorry. Here is a link to that... http://agentmissa.blogspot.com/2004/09/my-bono-story.html

Bono is so thoughtful. I mean, with having fans does come responsibilities. But he does more than he has to.

missa, i just read the story on your blog about receiving the autographed CD... wow, just.. wow. that is so sweet. congratulations on your fantastic experience meeting bono! :cute:

hearing about bono's kindness reminds me of something that happened to someone i know a couple of years ago. bono was receiving some sort of award in NYC at the waldorf. my friend decided to go wait out front, to try to catch him on his way into or out of the ceremony. she runs her own small U2 fansite- nothing major or official or anything. bono stops to sign autographs as he's leaving, but she didn't want an autograph- she wanted to ask him a couple of questions for her website. when he got down the row of fans to her, she explained that she just wanted to ask a couple of questions for her fansite, and wondered if he had a few seconds. he said that unfortuantely, he didn't have time at the moment... she completely understood, since he was obviously quite busy. BUT, then bono asks for her phone number! she gives it to him, and he says he'll call her later. less than an hour later, she receives a call from... you guessed it, bono.

how nice is he?? he had absolutely no obligation to do that- this was not a reporter or someone with a press pass; this was just a girl outside with the rest of the fans, but he took the time to actually call her. *sigh* :)

*Ally* said:

missa, i just read the story on your blog about receiving the autographed CD... wow, just.. wow. that is so sweet. congratulations on your fantastic experience meeting bono! :cute:

hearing about bono's kindness reminds me of something that happened to someone i know a couple of years ago. bono was receiving some sort of award in NYC at the waldorf. my friend decided to go wait out front, to try to catch him on his way into or out of the ceremony. she runs her own small U2 fansite- nothing major or official or anything. bono stops to sign autographs as he's leaving, but she didn't want an autograph- she wanted to ask him a couple of questions for her website. when he got down the row of fans to her, she explained that she just wanted to ask a couple of questions for her fansite, and wondered if he had a few seconds. he said that unfortuantely, he didn't have time at the moment... she completely understood, since he was obviously quite busy. BUT, then bono asks for her phone number! she gives it to him, and he says he'll call her later. less than an hour later, she receives a call from... you guessed it, bono.

how nice is he?? he had absolutely no obligation to do that- this was not a reporter or someone with a press pass; this was just a girl outside with the rest of the fans, but he took the time to actually call her. *sigh* :)

ok, that story is unreal! how sweet is that???

missa, i'm sorry I didn't get to meet you either, but when I saw the picture here of your drawing I remembered seeing it on Pleba. What a story! :heart:

WOW!!! Bono called a fan back to talk about her website?

How wonderful is he??? :applaud: :applaud: :rockon: :rockon:

i know, my friend was in shock. he answered all of her questions- he was actually on the way to the airport when he called her, but they chatted for about 5 mins or so. she still has the number saved in her cell phone, but she has never- and WILL never- called it. :)

bono really is just about the nicest rockstar ever... congratulations again to all those who have met him so far- and those who WILL meet him on this tour! :wink:

Ally-
Is that when Bono said don't forget the 'diamonds' in his family linage/tree etc or something to that effect?::wink:.

db9

diamond said:
Ally-
Is that when Bono said don't forget the 'diamonds' in his family linage/tree etc or something to that effect?::wink:.

db9

hmmm.... i'm not sure... perhaps, but i don't think i've ever heard that quote! :)

Back
Top Bottom