MERGED ----> We met Daniel Lanois and he bought us drinks + Meeting Daniel Lanois

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
We met Daniel Lanois and he bought us drinks

OMG...It was such a surreal night!

I was supposed to go shopping yesterday afternoon but I got a txt from miss_u2 saying that the Bono was still in The Clarence after the big bash they had on Friay night. So I immediately changed my plans and went to the hotel.

When I walked into the Octagon bar, Mr Lanois was there having breakfast. As I was still kinda sleepy ( it was 2 pm for feck sake! lol) my first thought was: Mmm...That guy looks familiar..And then a little voice inside my head said: Pst! You gobshite....That's Daniel Lanois...:der:

So I prayed for Emilie to get there as soon as possible and when she did she almost had a heart attack...:lol:

She kept saying: OMG OMG OMG...She was in such a state! He kept looking at us, specially at Emilie and her friend becasue they spent the whole night outside the hotel hoping to see the boys. Finally, after 45 minutes of trying to talk her into greeting him, she stood up and went over to Daniel, who at that point was leaving the bar. She and her friend ( Hi there! You still have to send me your phone number!) got their pic taken with him and he was very vrey very nice! And here comes the best part: He said : maybe we could have a dirnk tonight! :ohmy:

Emili almost faint...When she came back to the table she was both speachless and shaky...

So the fist thing did was booking a room for the night, cus I thought it was the best thing to do, considering the invitation and the fact that Bono was still there.

Anyway, to make the story short, when we were waiting for Daniel to finish a business meeting he sent over a waitress who said: The man over there would like to invite you a drink...What would u like to order? we couldn't believe our luck..! Sowhile we were having our drink, the elevator opened and guess who came out? Yes! Bonooooooooooooooooooooooooo! We were in shock! The bad ting is that he had been all day recovering from the big party they had, so he went straight to the car. Damn! It seems that I'm never going to get to talk to him! :sad: :scream:

I had run into Ali earlier that day in the hotel( She was wearing the same glasses i was wearing! :lol: ) so I was hoping I was gonna see B too.

When Daniel finished his meeting, he introduced us to Simon Carmody. Man! He's such a cool dude! And a great story teller!

So we joined them at their table. They introduced us to Daniel's musicians and their friends. It was soooooooooooooooo surreal! I still can believe it!

Emilie! Girl! Where are you????? You have to post your side of the story, cus it's even better than mine! :sexywink:

i am here!!! we are here!!!!! we are waiting for you to call us!!!!! we are going to the clarence in a few minutes!!! are you still there??? call me, we could meet there!!!!!
i think i am staying one more night, i really want to stay on monday!!!!

som well the story...
with my friend ameline, we saw them on tv and we decided to go to the clarence...so we waited lfrom 11pm to 6am, outiside the hotel, we saw bono, edge, andrea corr, jim sheridan, daniel lanois and lots of people...we saw gavin and guggi, he said we were beautiful!!!! aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
and for the rest, you said it!!!!!

but after you left, they ordered food, they offered us sausage, pizzas, chips etc... daniel was sooooooooo cool!!!! they talked about clonage, bono eating saysage, his album.... we sat on the couch, cos simon left and a girl also, so there was a place for us....
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

:ohmy: WWOW Niamh you are having some amazing stories and interactions!!!

Seeing Bono in the flesh like 3 feet fromyou is pretty surreal to me even if you didn't get to talk (this time).

WOW about Danny Lanois!! :eek: That's so awesome!!! :faint: :love:

No, I'm home now... We left the hotel about 10:00 am....Man! I love that bed! it's so damn comfy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

And you know what, I thk he has a crush on you! :sexywink: You pretty girl from Rahooney :lol:

miss-U2 said:
iwe saw gavin and guggi, he said we were beautiful!!!! aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
and for the rest, you said it!!!!!
:faint:

You are SO LUCKY!!!!! :happy::dance:

flaming june said:
Wow! That's so cool! :hyper: So, you didn't ask him about the new U2 album??? :wink:

Yes, i did actually. And he said he's not sure when it's gonna be out cus he still hasn't heard the songs. They'll start working tomorrow so hopefuly he'll know next week!

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Yes, i did actually. And he said he's not sure when it's gonna be out cus he still hasn't heard the songs. They'll start working tomorrow so hopefuly he'll know next week!

Ok... please keep us posted if you learn anything! :D

edited to add: As IF I needed to tell you that... :lol:

Last edited:
okay, so some news!!!! please sit down before reading!!!!! i am not responsible for heart attack!!!!!

so, well, after having dinner with daniel on saturday, i came back on sunday evening, he was there, but of course, i didnot show ;yself, i was like "oh god, he is gonna think ur following him!!!!" so, i let him go, i know i am sooooooo stupid!!!!
on monday morning, i know he would be at the studios, so, i wanted to h

sorry, i pressed the wrong button i am so excited!!

so i wanted to have breakfast with him, so i went to the clarence, but the bar was closed, so i was outside, in temple bar, and he arrived from behind me, and talk to me!!!!
and yesterday he left me a message on my voice mail!!!!!
and eysterday we met bono adn adam!!!!!
i will tell u later, i am to go!!!!!!! sorry!!!!!
cyber cafe, and no credit left!!!

Meeting Daniel Lanois

Hi this is my first posting in here, wow what a story!!

You are all so very lucky, We are in Dublin on the 14th for 4 days but it looks like we will be unlucky AGAIN!!!

Looking forward to hearing about your Bono and Adam Meeting!!

How much luck can on person have?? great story!!

Please dont say that they wont be in the studio next week we dont get there until the 14th!!
Typical missed out yet again!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Last edited:
You've got quite a collection of memories so far :) I know you'll treasure them forever, and it is your destiny to find Bono too!

Bono's Tart, welcome! :wave: Get yourself an avatar!

Thanks for the welcome U2Kitten!

How do I get one of those then? sorry but I'm a bit blonde with pcs!!!

Looking forward to hearing about the meeting with Bono and Adam!!

Emilie is at the studios at the moment. I couldn't be there cus I'm packing my bags because I'm going on holidays tomorrow ( Italy here I come!).

She sent me a text and said that she could hear Bono and Beyonce singing! :ohmy:

Beyonce!!! YEUCH!!
Must be on tape then isnt she on tour in the UK?

I hope he's still in there singing next week!!l

miss-U2 said:
sorry, i pressed the wrong button i am so excited!!

so i wanted to have breakfast with him, so i went to the clarence, but the bar was closed, so i was outside, in temple bar, and he arrived from behind me, and talk to me!!!!
and yesterday he left me a message on my voice mail!!!!!
and eysterday we met bono adn adam!!!!!
i will tell u later, i am to go!!!!!!! sorry!!!!!
cyber cafe, and no credit left!!!

Cool! :hyper: :applaud:

Details please :D (when you get more credit :) )

Back
Top Bottom