MERGED ---->Vote for Bono! + Bono's Up for Peoples Sexiest Man Alive!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fireball said:

It's ignorant comments like this that make me have to defend U2 fans when people say that we are elitist snobs. There are alot of Bon Jovi fans, so they can't suck too bad. To each his own. You not liking them doesn't make you better than the ones who do, contrary to what you may think.

How does not liking Bon Jovi make me an elitist snob? I didn't say their music sucked to make myself sound superior. I just don't like it. If I really WAS an "elitist snob" I wouldn't be caught dead listening to a band as popular as U2. I would dismiss them as "sellouts" and say I only listen to underground bands that no one has ever heard of. After all, it's hard to be an elitist when millions of people love the same thing you do.

Bono's shades said:

How does not liking Bon Jovi make me an elitist snob?

It doesn't. Your comment "their music sucks" does. What do you base this fact on? Your own music tastes?

If I really WAS an "elitist snob" I wouldn't be caught dead listening to a band as popular as U2. I would dismiss them as "sellouts" and say I only listen to underground bands that no one has ever heard of. After all, it's hard to be an elitist when millions of people love the same thing you do.

Wrong. Do you know that we U2 fans are notorious around the web as thinking that U2's music is the end-all be-all? That's the case with any fan of music, I know. An elitist is someone who thinks that their opinions and ideas are superior to others. I have been around here long enough (though I only recently started posting) to see what the U2 fans on this board think of various bands. And it's quite disturbing that people actually think like some of you do. It's quite clear that some here are elitists, and yes, you can still be one when you like a popular band.

Last edited:
peoples, peoples! it's only a poll, let it go and take one for the team. besides, if Jon Bon Jovi was on the cover THIS week, even if he wins, he surely won't be on any cover NEXT week......

:hug: :heart: :bono:

Well, Jon Bon Jovi is way in front.....I'm not surprised considering the demographics of People magazine readers. I hate to say this but they'll vote for an American first in many cases.....it's stupid, I don't give a damn where the guy was born or whatever but some people do. I don't need some :censored: poll to tell me what I like. Bono's my man, no matter what the poll says.:drool: :drool: :mac: :evil: :censored:

Bono gets my vote for Sexiest Man Alive, but unfortunately this poll is just for Sexiest Rock Star. I don't think readers get to vote/choose the SMA - or am I thinking of their "Most Beautiful People" issue? I dunno, I think they just do whatever they want. :shrug:

Heck, I think it's an honor that Bono is even nominated! Look at all of the rock stars who aren't. I don't really have anything against Jon Bon Jovi, hell, he's a U2 fan!! I really can't complain about all the cool things he's said about our boys.

I don't mind Bon Jovi's music, and Jon Bon Jovi's a nice guy.

However, I know that if Jon beats out Bono, my sister's never gonna let me hear the end of it.

So I really hope that Bono does win.

Even if he doesn't, though, he's still number 1 in my book, so...

And that's all that matters, right?

Angela

*tears well up in eyes*

Bumping this thread, because, well... Keith Richards is at 36% while Bono is only at 17.9 (Bon Jovi- 36.4).

I voted again for the hell of it. Even if Bono won this thing something tells me he'd be a *little* more proud of his Humanitarian Laureate Medal from the Simon Wiesenthal Center.
But what the heck, I love the Sexy Neck too. :drool: :evil: :censored:

All this fighting over Bono/Jon Bon Jovi and you gals lost focus! LOL!

I may be a man, but I can admit that Jon Bon Jovi is a very handsome man - he's in great physical shape too. As such, I can see why he would get a lot of votes in this poll.

And we all know that Bono's sex appeal comes from his passion. ;-)

However, as of 8 a.m. Eastern time on Nov. 21, NEITHER of these men is winning this poll. Here are the results:

Bruce Springsteen 1.6%

Bono 15.7%

Jon Bon Jovi 36.2%

Keith Richards 37.0%

Mark McGrath 9.6%

Yep, you read it correctly - Keith Richards, probably the least "sexy" man in the world - is winning.

So stop arguing and start voting. Any of the other 4 men are better looking and sexier than Richards, yet look who is #1 in this silly poll. LOL!

Okay, so even though I like U2's music a lot better, and Bono has this wonderful heart and radiates charisma, and he's hot and we all know that, we have to consider that people going by visual looks and eye candy alone are going to pick Bon Jovi. He's got a pretty face, great hair, a nice tight ass and a hot bod. Talking LOOKS alone here, not music or inner beauty. He's also very well preserved for a 40 year old, and looks years younger than any member of U2 IMO. Of course, Bono's my man, through and through and I'm voting for him, but if you look at this without the emotions we have for Bono, it's easy to see how people are voting for Bon Jovi. If this were 1987 I'm sure JT Bono would've beaten hairspray Bon Jovi. But-----one thing I can't comprehend is---- if these people are voting on looks alone----

WHY THE @#$%^&* is Keith Richards so high???!!! :huh: :scream: :scratch: :crazy:

Ben Affleck won sexiest man alive-and Bono was only in the running :D for sexiest rock star..whatever, it's all so silly anyway :rolleyes:

Sexy to me is so much more than looks, and everyone has his/her own definition. But the absolute and complete sexiness of Mr. Bruce Springsteen CANNOT BE DENIED . He's a down to earth, humble guy, he loves his wife and children very much, he writes moving and sexy songs..and the way he performs in concert...it is sexiness defined. He's 53 and just take a look at his body :drool: Of course that's jmo.

I don't find Jon Bon Jovi sexy, but whoever does, that's great :) And I think *maybe* some zealous fans had fun voting there :tongue:

Gina Marie said:
Ben Affleck won sexiest man alive-and Bono was only in the running :D for sexiest rock star..whatever, it's all so silly anyway :rolleyes:

Yeah.

Eh.

It must be sexiest man alive week or something, because there's this whole thing with "People" magazine, and today my dad had a little poll of his own going on the radio station he works at, he had people call in and tell him who they thought was sexy (I mentioned Bono...I was the only one who called in for Bono...), and surprisingly, nobody who called in mentioned Ben Affleck, so apparently a lot of people in my area are not Ben Affleck droolers.

And then in my World Literature class, at the end of the period, we were sitting there discussing the guys we like (and now my entire class knows who I like-they like guys like Josh Hartnett and Brad Pitt and all them, so I'm the odd girl out there as well with the guys I like (when it comes to talking about who's sexy with other kids my age, I'm usually the odd one out, I have really weird taste in men compared to most kids my age).

Kinda funny.

Originally posted by Gina Marie
Sexy to me is so much more than looks, and everyone has his/her own definition.

I totally agree with you on that.

But the absolute and complete sexiness of Mr. Bruce Springsteen CANNOT BE DENIED . He's a down to earth, humble guy, he loves his wife and children very much, he writes moving and sexy songs..and the way he performs in concert...it is sexiness defined. He's 53 and just take a look at his body :drool: Of course that's jmo.

My mom would love you if she read what you just said about Bruce. :).

I don't find Jon Bon Jovi sexy, but whoever does, that's great :) And I think *maybe* some zealous fans had fun voting there :tongue:

Yep, everyone's got their own idea of who is and is not sexy (my sister's happy now-my mom picked up the copy of "People" magazine with Jon Bon Jovi on the cover, and my sister's reading it happily).

And I think that's a good thing.

Angela

verte76 said:
Keith used to be sexy, JMO. I think the people voting for him are nostalgic. It's the Retro Vote From Hell. :scream: :scream: :madspit: :censored:

Yeah, I'm quoting my own post. :lol: Don't misunderstand me, I love Keith. I think he's cool. He's talented. He's just not sexy for me any more. JMO and I don't think it's a big deal really.

Back
Top Bottom