MERGED --> OMG! Bono and Ali at Saks 5th Avenue! + More EDUN Pics from Saks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dutch Partygirl said:
Well, it's not a problem at all getting a job in Dublin... I could choose from 3 different jobs after doing applying for just 5 jobs. It was all arranged within a month. I was surprised by how easy it went!

True. I got a job as soon as I got there and the pay was great. I really enjoyed it. :)

Those are some fine looking denims.

I have an ex-husband who used to buy me designer clothes all the time, and they are generally cut much larger than the less expensive clothes one finds in the department stores. So, a Large should actually fit a size 14-16. It's not going to kill you to go try something on. Buying it might kill you because you won't be able to eat or heat your house for about three months, because you have to combine the cost of the outfit with the price we all just paid for our tour tix... but you'll look really good.

Actually, wouldn't it be funny if we could all actually afford the clothes, and legions of U2 fans worldwide showed up to the shows dressed in Edun as our new fan uniform?

Or perhaps it's not that funny. I'm a bit tired. :huh:

Both of you got jobs that easily in Dublin? What kind of experience do y'all have, if you don't mind me asking???

I'm a journalism graduate. I have worked in journalism for a couple of years (mainly music journalism). But what's most important (I think) is that I speak Dutch. But even if you're not multilingual, there are still plenty of jobs around.

Congrats on the job Dutch girl :wink:

I didn't know either it was that easy to find a job in Dublin. It seems far easier than over here.

BTW I live in Belgium (Flanders) jaja! I will be in Dublin in june though ;)

But what do you mean by it's important you speak dutch, do you need your own language over there?
I always thought our language was kinda useless once you go abroad
:confused:

No, it's not! A lot of big companies have got their European headquarters in Dublin. Therefore they need a lot of people that speak at least one other (european) language than English. Lots of jobs out here for multi-lingual people. And it's not just call-centre jobs, thank god!

xtal said:
Both of you got jobs that easily in Dublin? What kind of experience do y'all have, if you don't mind me asking???

I have a degree as an Interpreter. I've worked for the UN ( the committee for refugees), a few multinational companies and free-lance. :)

Yes I know I'm a total pedant, and I apologise...

The shop is Brown Thomas, not Thomas Brown.

I'll stop now. :reject:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

I have a degree as an Interpreter. I've worked for the UN ( the committee for refugees), a few multinational companies and free-lance. :)

:reject: Sorry to enter the conversation, but I'm very interested in what's going on in Dublin. Niamh, did you have difficulties finding a job as an interpreter? And how many languages do you have to be fluent in?

Advah said:

:reject: Sorry to enter the conversation, but I'm very interested in what's going on in Dublin. Niamh, did you have difficulties finding a job as an interpreter? And how many languages do you have to be fluent in?

I took me a couple of months to egt a job, but maybe that had to do with the fact that i was being lazy and used to spend my time running around Dublin. :lol:

It also depends on your luck and the job market, but I'd say trhe average time to get a job is a month or so.

I started working for a credit card company and I enjoyed a lot. I met people from all over the world and I was able to use the languages I've learnt ( english, portuguese and a but of Italian).
I also did some free lance translations.

When I go back to Dublin in June I'll try to work only as a translator/interpreter. As Dutch PartiGirl said, if you speak another european language you can find pretty interesting positions that don't involve customer service roles.

Give me a shout if you have more questions or need some help. :wave:

Dutch Partygirl, How long have you been in Dubs before you got the job? Did you just leave Holland and go for it or did you know where to apply for a job?
It seems so weird to me to just take off like that, not knowing if you'll have a roof over your head. (No job, no roof eh:huh: )

I know I'm curious but it just interests me, that's all :wink:

greety said:

It seems so weird to me to just take off like that, not knowing if you'll have a roof over your head. (No job, no roof eh:huh: )

I feel the same way!:huh:

Thanks so much for your help Niamh! :hug:
And yup, I'll certainly post for more info as soon as I have time to be connected for a while. I'm so stressed out about what to do next year (I might even end up in Hong Kong :uhoh: ) that I'm searching everywhere!

edun.bmp

edun222.bmp

Back
Top Bottom