Merged ----> Newsflash: U2 seen filming video today... + ELECTRICAL STORM VIDEO PICS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BONOPOP said:
It's really sad that some of that so called U2 fans are there just for their look. It's sad, because most of that people are long time fans, and at the end they don't care about the music. Anyway, I'm happy that most of the people here is not like that. U2 is an awesome band, I've been a fan since I'm 11 and I love them, respect them and I thank them for all the happinnes and they great music they bring every day :heart:

I really didn't mind anything anyone else said about my post, because they were kind, fair and considerate. But if all you can say is 'I don't like them because of their looks' and 'I don't care about the music,' you weren't paying attention and you should not shoot off your mouth. I already said I will always love the CD's and the music! I just said I don't think they are looking good anymore, so the 'hotness' thing has gone out of it for me. What, you think I should stay here and pretend to swoon and drool over pics I don't think are good just so you won't think I'm a terrible person? :tsk:

I tried to explain that for the last two years I had been obsessed with this band, and I was feeling the magic very strong. That is gone now. That is something in ME, and NOBODY has a right to tell me how to feel, or judge me for my emotions. It happens. People fall in and out of love with each other. People get on and off of various "kicks." It's just that my intense U2 obsession is fading now, for ME the magic is gone, and that is something deep inside me that is not for any one reason and cannot, or should not, be judged or condemned by anyone else. :shame:

As for everyone else who responded to my post, I appreciate your consideration and respect for my feelings, even though you disagreed. Thank you. :)

Uh...........did someone mention UFO's???? It was claimed, by some undisclosed party, that the UFO's from Venus were headed this way. It happens every time there's a dispute or whatever between U2 fans. They come, have a party, and everyone's happy after the videos and lemonade.:wave: :wave: :wave: :love:

verte76 said:
Uh...........did someone mention UFO's???? It was claimed, by some undisclosed party, that the UFO's from Venus were headed this way. It happens every time there's a dispute or whatever between U2 fans. They come, have a party, and everyone's happy after the videos and lemonade.

I really don't see any 'dispute.' I took issue with what ONE person said because I felt she misunderstood my posts. I'm sure a lot of girls have lost some of their obsession, but no one but me was foolish enough to post about it.

Seriously, I've had "cooling-off" periods during my time as a fan. I became a fan in 1983 and I've gone through periods when I was more into Eastern European folk dance or something than I was into U2. If you've been obsessed for two years maybe you're in for a "cooling off". It's harder to stay interested with no new albums or tours coming up or going on anytime soon. That definitely makes a difference. I don't think there's a "problem" with this. It's happened to me, but I've never been too far out of the "fan fold". Just a little bit, a few times.......it's natural.

Desire4Bono said:

I really don't see any 'dispute.' I took issue with what ONE person said because I felt she misunderstood my posts. I'm sure a lot of girls have lost some of their obsession, but no one but me was foolish enough to post about it.

No, I over-reacted, and I'm sorry about this. I was trying to be funny. Sometimes my sense of humor is on strike. :laugh: :laugh: Maybe any further remarks from me should be :censored:

Gina Marie, I didn't like what that one person said. I in no way called any other members of PLEBA shallow, so please don't say that I did.

Cowgirl said:
I in no way called any other members of PLEBA shallow, so please don't say that I did.

No, I know you didn't do that-I apologize if that wasn't clear enough in my post. That's what I was trying to say when I said 'I know you were not saying everyone has a shallow attitude'.

I'm sorry that I wasn't exact enough in my post-it was tough to put into words.

:)

Desire4Bono said:

Sorry if you have felt that I was talking about you. I was talking about something that is happening everyday with SOME U2 fans, not all of us. I read your post and you were only talking about looks, not about music. Even if I?m new here, I?m reading the threads in this forum since one year ago, I know you are a great fan of the band. I was talking in general. If I have something to say to you, I will say it to you.

Simma Down Now

My U2 cents....

I love them for music they write...for the way every song can evoke a different emotion in me. For the way they are always trying to save the world. Making their fans aware, and passionate about the issues they are passionate about. That fire will never die, they will, in my mind always be beautiful for that.

NicaMom said:
In the 3rd pic Ali is holding a little boy, you can also see him in the 4th one, could that be Larry's son?
In the last pic it looks like Anton next to The Edge.
Morleigh looks :shocked: looking at the monitor, I want to see too!

Larry's son is not that old, and he'd be a blond since he and Ann are both blonds they can't have a dark haired child, it's against the laws of genetics. He's probably just an actor.

Re: Simma Down Now

daisybean said:
My U2 cents....

I love them for music they write...for the way every song can evoke a different emotion in me. For the way they are always trying to save the world. Making their fans aware, and passionate about the issues they are passionate about. That fire will never die, they will, in my mind always be beautiful for that.

AMEN to that

ridiculousness abounds.

rock on daisy.

yay new video. Love the song yayayay

NicaMom said:

How old is Larry's son?
Maybe Eve got a very short haircut.:wink:

Larry's son Aaron Elvis was born in 1996. The kid is not Eve, no way. She's 11, taller, and has a very different face. That's a boy, but who, I don't know.

This genetics thing reminds me of last year when my cousin's wife, who was pregnant, was saying she hoped the baby had dark hair. My cousin looked surprised, and told her "It better NOT!!" They are both natural blonds, so he knew if she had a dark haired child, it wasn't his:uhoh:;) :D :ohmy: Footnote: the baby was a boy, and he is very blond! Good thing for her it was;)

Egads, I love the song. It's very pretty, very strong melody, great lyrics.....generally the posters on EYKIW like it. I have to listen to it more, though.

Just a reminder to keep the debates here civil...I'd really, really, really hate to have to close a thread that was spawned by such an exciting U2 moment. :)

Let's just keep it as nice as possible! :)

Oh........and I cannot stop listening to the song.......and I think the pictures are all very :drool: worthy! :D

Right, Bonochick. It's too early for me to use the lame excuse that a note from me is the 2 A.M. Stupid Note From Hell. :laugh: :laugh: Let's see, I think I've listened to the song seven times. That's not enough. This song actually faintly sounds like a UF song to me. No joke! It's a little like "Indian Summer Sky", another song related to weather and seasons.

These are some pics of the visual effects from the video!

foudrepalavass.jpg

oragescorpion.jpg

Last edited:
Re: YEAH BABY

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

I just have one question: can *I* be in the next U2 video? I mean, she's TOUCHING Larry fer chrissakes.

THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to college with bloody Samantha Morton doing theatre studies and she was really.....:censored: .......(actually, it wouldn't be nice to write what I think of her!!)

My friend went to school with her as well and she used to come in the pub I worked in , bringing her mum.

And now she's in a U2 video.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggh!!!

I could handle her doing films with Tom Cruise.............but Bono???? :shocked: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I'll say it again..........NOT FAIR!!!!

(yes, I know I should be happy for her etc etc, but its bloody difficult!!)

Lu
:madspit:

U2Kitten said:
These are some pics of the visual effects from the video!

foudrepalavass.jpg

oragescorpion.jpg

These pictures are amazing, thanks Kitten ;)

I loved the song, really. definitely a grower for me. Can?t wait to see the sound and images combined. :up:

:love:
:heart:

woo hoooooo!!!!

ME.
SO.
HAPPY!!!!!

chihuahuat2.gif

CANTWAITCANTWAITCANTWAITCANTWAITCANTWAIT!!!

That pic of Anton and Edgie had me :laugh: :D :lol: !!! Anton's such a GIANT!!! Anton: *lurch*

Edgie in a cowboy hat - HOOO-EEEEEE!!!! Boy howdy, that just makes my little TX heart go all piddy-pat!!!
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom