Merged ----> Newsflash: U2 seen filming video today... + ELECTRICAL STORM VIDEO PICS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UGH i went to reply to the original thread (ali's) and it was merged while i replied! :cry: anyway...

AliTheFOADist said:
elecstorm2.jpg
i wonder who that girl in the pic is? anyway, in that picture, it looks like 1997 all over again! :laugh:

it'll be interesting to see the finished product...

I want to get to grips with Larry...

NicaMom said:
The shoot directed by veteran photographer and filmmaker Anton Corbijn - is heavy on the pyrotechnics, not least those exhibited by heart-throb Larry as he gets to grips with a gorgeous mermaid, played by Hollywood actress Samantha Morton.

Bahahahaha!

Get's a grip, eh? Oh, that heart-throb Larry and his crazy 'pyrotechnics.' ;)

Re: Re: Hmm...

*BOOMCHAA!* said:

or more importantly.....

WHAT THE HECK DOES A MERMAID HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING!???!

Remembers AIWIY :tsk:.............never mind:slant: :der: :scratch:

A mermaid is in the video! Uh, maybe she's causing the storm?? Maybe she's.......uh........never mind.............:censored:
Damn, I'm in trouble again. Oh, well.........:drool: :heart: :heart:

Forgive me but I am not at all impressed with the way the guys are looking right now. But there is a positive side to this! For example,

I will now have no further use for the following smiliies::kiss: :love: :happy: :drool: :tongue: :sick:

Besides that, I will be spared room on my hard drive, since I won't be wanting to save any of these new pics!

So the fire dies and so does the desire......

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
alright, now don't start throwing stones at me, but Larry looks like he can be the daddy of the actress. :| that group picture just reminds me of a father posing with his daughter..:crack: :shrug:

That's kind of what I meant by my post, that's part of it.

Don't throw stones at me, but, I mean, to me they seem to have lost their special something that set them apart, some of their looks, maybe some sex appeal, some hotness, and now, instead of seeing them as a hot rock band, I look at them and see- four average 40 something men. I dunno, they've just lost it, and I can feel the magic slipping away.

If this is how they're going to look, I've come to a fork in the road. So dies the fire, and my desire......it was beautiful while it lasted.

*wistful sigh*

I find it hard for somebody who love U2 and the way they look so much to make a call like that based on just a few pictures!

I'm by no means flaming you...I'd just hate to see your love for the boys fade away. Hey, it's just a few pics...look at the time Bono shaved his head...that didn't last. Or the time he had the mohawk...that didn't last. Our boys continue to evolve...in some people's eyes, they will have hits and misses. But they are still our boys. :)

Desire4Bono said:

Don't throw stones at me, but, I mean, to me they seem to have lost their special something that set them apart, some of their looks, maybe some sex appeal, some hotness, and now, instead of seeing them as a hot rock band, I look at them and see- four average 40 something men. I dunno, they've just lost it, and I can feel the magic slipping away.

If this is how they're going to look, I've come to a fork in the road. So dies the fire, and my desire......it was beautiful while it lasted.

*wistful sigh*

I've always thought the magic of U2 comes from within, and it will never fade away for me. Besides, that's a bad pic... look at the wedding pics!!! :drool:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
alright, now don't start throwing stones at me, but Larry looks like he can be the daddy of the actress. :| that group picture just reminds me of a father posing with his daughter..:crack: :shrug:

:ohmy: I wouldn't like to have a daddy who looked like that!!! :shocked:

Desire4Bono said:

*wistful sigh*

I won't throw stones at anyone. But I don't feel this way. I feel like it's still there, the fire, the desire, the rawness, the beauty, the mystery..........don't want to sound too cheesy here but I'm liking what I'm seeing. I've been at this U2 fan game for awhile (since 1983) and I just plain love it to pieces. :heart: :heart: :heart: :evil: :censored:

flaming june said:

I've always thought the magic of U2 comes from within, and it will never fade away for me. Besides, that's a bad pic... look at the wedding pics!!! :drool:

Absolutely........it's a spirit, something intangible because it can't be measured or judged by appearances. It's a passionate fire that's been burning since 1983 and isn't going away. It's, uh, uh, ...oh, :censored:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :yes: :macdevil: :angel:

Oh the magic

I for one still think the magic is still there! i totally agree that the magic comes from within. sheesh, have we not thought about bonos electricity onstage? think about it, there are plenty of guys out there that are better looking than bono, but i think hes the sexiest thing i have ever seen! anybody who thinks the magic is gone, just wait till you see them in action. then you will be cast under the spell you have been under since the beginning. i cant friggin wait!!!!!! ahh! new video, new songs!!! ahhhhhh!!!!!!

Re: Oh the magic

Voxylady said:
I for one still think the magic is still there! i totally agree that the magic comes from within. sheesh, have we not thought about bonos electricity onstage? think about it, there are plenty of guys out there that are better looking than bono, but i think hes the sexiest thing i have ever seen! anybody who thinks the magic is gone, just wait till you see them in action. then you will be cast under the spell you have been under since the beginning. i cant friggin wait!!!!!! ahh! new video, new songs!!! ahhhhhh!!!!!!

Hey, Voxylady, welcome to Interference and PLEBA! Great to have you on board!:happy: :happy:

verte76 said:

I won't throw stones at anyone. But I don't feel this way. I feel like it's still there, the fire, the desire, the rawness, the beauty, the mystery..........don't want to sound too cheesy here but I'm liking what I'm seeing. I've been at this U2 fan game for awhile (since 1983) and I just plain love it to pieces. :heart: :heart: :heart: :evil: :censored:

Well I"m NOT liking what I'm seeing, and the fire and desire are gone for me. To everyone who posted about what I said, let me say that I will always love my U2 Cd's and their music it's just that I am not "HOT" for them anymore because they don't look good anymore. There are levels of fandom, as Maddie listed once, and for the last two years I have been almost at the top because of the heart-pounding passion I was feeling for the band. But now, they seem to be changing and drifting in a different direction, and I'm not following.

They are losing their looks IMO, epecially Bono, so there won't be anything to 'drool' over and no pics to get excited over, so that' s what I mean about the fire going out. I don't feel the same way about them. It's like they were surrounded by this magic spell and it has faded away and no longer holds me. Don't call me shallow or a bad fan, I said I still have the Cd's, but for awhile it was something much more than just having a band's Cd's, I was in love with these guys through and through! Maybe it's for the best, I've wasted too much of my time and money on them anyway, and all for nothing. I am left only with bitterness and emptyness. Time to leave it behind and move on. Even though Brandon Boyd is hot, I will not let any band steal my heart again.

Last edited:
your loss

Desire4Bono...
Your comments are a joke right?
Man, get a grip.
I really hope the band doesn't read this forum with posts like those.
All for nothing? Bitterness and emptyness? Because humans have aged? Maybe I missed something.... :scratch:
Its this sort of shallow stuff that causes me not to like coming round here very much.

Re: Pictures, pictures!!!! The making of the video!

Thanks for finding the pics, I couldn't wait to see them!

Okay now really, what is up with Bono's hair? I said on the other thread it looked like Ronald Reagan. In this pic it looks like Reagan

elecstorm2.jpg

and in this one it just looks, well, :censored:

elecstorm1.jpg

Don't throw stones at me, but I really don't understand this because it was looking so great just lately (see my avatar) but he's gotten it cut like Reagan and it does not suit him. (IMHO) Maybe if I see more of the video it won't be so bad, but as of now I am not ok with this look. What about Adam? His hair still looks grey to me. I thought he was supposed to have dyed it blond? Sigh. I don't get it. Red Hot Chili Peppers are their age and they are looking so much younger and more, vital, and, fun. Have you seen the Peppers' new video? Anthony looks so young and cool and active, they're all cool. Perk it up guys!

I know we'll have to wait and see how the video is recieved by a wide audience. Maybe there's more to it than meets the eye. I'll be watching.

Last edited:
Re: your loss

Cowgirl said:

Its this sort of shallow stuff that causes me not to like coming round here very much.

I'm not posting here to argue w/ anyone or w/ what you said Cowgirl-but I just wanted to say that a few statements by a few people or one person shouldn't reflect this entire part of the board-as some posts here say, the magic for me will NEVER be gone w/ U2. I don't care what they look like, as long as their music still moves me, which it does and it always has.

Yes, I find them to be very attractive and I enjoy looking at pics here, etc. But I just don't want to be labelled shallow or whatever because of it. Again Cowgirl I hear what you are saying, but I just wanted to speak for myself and I *think* some others about this.I know you were not saying everyone has a 'shallow' attitude about U2 though.

I :heart: U2 !!!! And I cannot wait to hear what they will come up with in the new songs/videos :)

Last edited:
It is sad that so many non-PLEBA interferencers think that we here are shallow and only care about looks. Of course we care about looks, well a lot of us do, and we drool, and we analyze pics, some we like, some we don't, but we are interested in them because we care about this band! Even if we do like to look, none of us would be here if not for the tunes that sucked us in! Even if we are not looking, I'm sure we're all listening! I don't think ANYONE here looks at these guys as a 'boy band' as some have thought. We may be a different breed of fan, but we're all FANS!!

Re: Re: your loss

Gina Marie said:

I'm not posting here to argue w/ anyone or w/ what you said Cowgirl-but I just wanted to say that a few statements by a few people or one person shouldn't reflect this entire part of the board-as some posts here say, the magic for me will NEVER be gone w/ U2. I don't care what they look like, as long as their music still moves me, which it does and it always has.

Yes, I find them to be very attractive and I enjoy looking at pics here, etc. But I just don't want to be labelled shallow or whatever because of it. Again Cowgirl I hear what you are saying, but I just wanted to speak for myself and I *think* some others about this.I know you were not saying everyone has a 'shallow' attitude about U2 though.

I :heart: U2 !!!! And I cannot wait to hear what they will come up with in the new songs/videos :)

:yes: :up: Gina!

The Unforgettable Fire will never burn out. It might dim sometimes, but it will always rise again. It' s never really gone, though it may seem brighter in you sometimes more han others. You know like in Frosty the Snowman, when he melted, and the girl was crying, and Santa said, when a strong north wind kisses it, he'll be back? Okay forget it I'm rambling with useless analogies. :huh: If you love this band, the fire will burn within you forever, dormant sometimes, a big outbreak sometimes, but it's got you and you'll never get away! There is no escape.:evil: :sexywink:

personally i think that they all look great. i'm not a big fan of the cowboy hat but it doesn't look bad and it's what he likes so that's cool. i can't wait to see the video now. :dance:

thanks for posting the pics. :cute:

*edited to note that adam looks hot as hell* :silent:

Last edited:
It's really sad that some of that so called U2 fans are there just for their look. It's sad, because most of that people are long time fans, and at the end they don't care about the music. Anyway, I'm happy that most of the people here is not like that. U2 is an awesome band, I've been a fan since I'm 11 and I love them, respect them and I thank them for all the happinnes and they great music they bring every day :heart:

By the way!

Thanks for the report and the pictures!! I can't wait to see the video!! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom