MERGED --> Larry and cats: a side by side comparison + FINALLY-the REAL reason LARRY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon Grrrrrl

New Yorker
Hangin' out by the state line turning holy water i
Larry and cats: a side by side comparison

So the other day I was riding the bus home (thanks Bush for making gas so damned expensive) and I started thinking:

Larry is aloof
Cats are aloof

Larry is quite moody
Cats are quite moody

Larry is cutest when he's a bit furry (as in facial hair)
Cats are cute and furry

Larry takes great pride in taking care of his body
Cats are always grooming themselves and take great pride in looking their best

Larry likes doing his own thing
Cats always do their own thing

It is a big treat when Larry comes out to meet fans
It is a big treat when I come home and my cat is at the door to greet me (she usually doesn't give me the time of day)

So I wonder, does he hate cats simply because he's too much like a cat? You know what they say...opposites attract.

Just another nutty thing for PLEBAns to discuss. :)

pics.gif
:wink:

I'll try calling my cat 'Larry' and see if she responds as if it's the universal language for cats.

But she'll probably look at me like I'm crazy, like the time I went in singing Vertigo. Yeah she wasn't amused.

I heard he is afraid of cats :(

BTW my cats are not aloof, do not avoid you, and always run up and show affection purring and rubbing, even jumping on me. If anyone likes that kind of cat you can have one of mine.

:lmao: thats so cute Bun rocks!
Your right Larry is alot like a cat..:laugh:
I wouldn't mind petting larry myself :evil: :wink:

Re: Larry and cats: a side by side comparison

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
So the other day I was riding the bus home (thanks Bush for making gas so damned expensive) and I started thinking:

Larry is aloof
Cats are aloof

Larry is quite moody
Cats are quite moody

Cats are cute and furry

It is a big treat when I come home and my cat is at the door to greet me (she usually doesn't give me the time of day)

So I wonder, does he hate cats simply because he's too much like a cat? You know what they say...opposites attract.

Wow, LG, great comparison!:lol:

When I had four cats back home (we only have three now), I swear that each of them resembled a different member of U2.

Chloe = Bono: Adorable and very outgoing
Whiskers = Edge: Quiet, reserved, and very smart
Tommy = Adam: Very posh and elegant, refined
Amy = Larry: Can be very nice, but has rather snarly moments

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

:lol: Too true! Lar is more like a cat than I think even he realizes. Thanks for starting this thread!

U2Kitten said:
I heard he is afraid of cats :(

He said in Blender magazine that he had a bad experience with a cat when he was a child. He probably met an unfriendly feral cat, and it scared him away from all cats. :(

U2Kitten said:
BTW my cats are not aloof, do not avoid you, and always run up and show affection purring and rubbing, even jumping on me. If anyone likes that kind of cat you can have one of mine.

Mine are like that, too. And my Shadow has some very un-catlike traits; he's rather loud and obnoxious. He is the only cat that I've ever heard walking across the floor! :D

hahahaha! awwwwwwww poor larry being like a cat and trying to convience everyone he doesn't like em so no one makes a comparision

hahaha!

thought of another one

cats hide behind things when u want to see them
larry hides behind his drums

Eliv8 said:
As long as Larry doesnt clean himself the same way a cat does after a 'call of nature' I guess we are OK.

I was wondering how long it would be before someone made the observation about Larry licking his butt. We all hope that at least that one isn't true! Now I've just got the funniest image in my mind! (You know he's still hot while he does it, right?)

rachie said:
cats hide behind things when u want to see them
larry hides behind his drums

:up: Great comparison!

Re: Larry and cats: a side by side comparison

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

Larry is aloof
Cats are aloof

Larry is quite moody
Cats are quite moody

Cats are cute and furry

:drool:

Must be the diesel fumes! My cat sleeps on my feet and licks himself in unspeakable places! Does that count? Then again... tongue baths....:drool:

ROTFL this is the most insane topic I've ever read in my whole life!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
hey didn't Larry say in some interview with Max Magazine that if he had an extra 24 hours a day he would spend them sleeping?? well... cats love sleeping and do so for at least 17-18 hours a day... does that count? :D :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom