MERGED--> Is Bono looking his age???? + Oks, question for saturday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Devlin said:
Yah. He is showing his age these days. But that's no bad thing; he's supposed to look 45. Now if only he could be convinced to quit dying his hair..

Come back and say that when you're older. Just because you are getting older doesn't mean you give up, stop dying your hair, and go, oh well I'm old now! I hope he never stops dyeing his hair. ADAM is the one who looks oldest, because of his gray hair. Look, how many stars 10 or 20 years older than U2 have gray hair? Nobody wants to get old, look old or feel old. Looking old makes you feel old. Come on.

And Larry looks younger and better with longer, dyed hair. The crewcut made him look harsh.

Edge? The beanie IS his look. I can't see him with hair, a bald head or a different hat. The beanie IS The Edge!

In my opinion, old or not, Bono is Bono. He's as attractive and delectable as ever because he is HIMSELF. He's so genuine and affable, charming.... Its all that makes him who he is. He looks pretty damn good too. Yeah he's aged but then everyone does! I don't think anyone thinks he's unattractive just cuz he is undergoing what nature does to everyone. He's as hot as ever, even hotter I must say... and he will be the same at 80 too. :D

I like the dark hair -nicely styled though, without the cowboy hat. Never liked that hat on him... But everything else is great on him! He has his own unqiue style - the glasses, the leather, the smile, the everything.

Love u, B-man. :D

Devlin said:

Alternative: He could look like Mick Jagger. Who isn't /that/ much older. I think, anyway. :hide:

17 years isn't 'that' much older? :huh:

Jagger was born in 1943. He's old enough to be Bono's dad. And I think he looks GREAT for his age. Other 63 year old men are fat, bald, gray haired, boring, and in polyester slacks. Go Mick, rock on :rockon:

Babydoll: :up: :yes:

Re: Re: Is Bono looking his age????

U2Girl1978 said:

If he cut his hair, shaved his facial hair and stopped wearing the red sunglasses and hat he'd be fine. He's been dressing like a slob these days. I figure if you are at a summit or something that's kind of important don't you want to look your best? Honestly. Don't get me wrong, he's still a handsome guy but he needs a new stylist or something.

We'll both be bashed! :happy:

I agree, no bashing here. It doesn't change the way I feel about him. Just consider, his eyes are his best facial feature, I think pretty much all Bono-girls will agree. WHY oh WHY does he hide them, and not only hide them, but with colors of shades that make his eyes look like tiny black dots and then accentuate any wrinkles or lines on his face.

I don't like the scruff. I don't know what it does for his overall appearance, I just don't like unkept facial hair on guys in general.

The hat is fine except I personally don't like it an find it rather unprofessional. For concerts and fan meetings, it's good.

His choice of colors of his shades and also his clothes aren't helping. The reds and blacks are fine for shows, they match the whole concept and work well with the lights, but for anything other than that, he's projecting a very dark, hard, rough image and we KNOW that's the opposite of his real personality. The jeans and shoes are OK, but he doesn't need BLACK jeans, BLACK shows, a blood red shirt, dark shades, and then BLACK or a very dark jacket.

Lastly, it should be noted that people ALWAYS look older and more tired/unhappy in pictures than in real life. When I met Bono the first time, he looked and felt wonderful. He was smiling, his eyes were bright (no shades!). But looking at my pictures, you'd think the man just came out of chemo therapy or something.

Bono always looks like a 'slob' at those political meetings. He isn't the dress up kind. He says he represents the common man and those who cannot speak for themselves. By not looking like everyone else, he stands out in a crowd. People may say, who is that guy, and why is he here? Then Bono can start talking. "Well, let me TELL you...!" ;) :yes:

Re: Re: Re: Is Bono looking his age????

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
His choice of colors of his shades and also his clothes aren't helping. The reds and blacks are fine for shows, they match the whole concept and work well with the lights, but for anything other than that, he's projecting a very dark, hard, rough image and we KNOW that's the opposite of his real personality.
Bono? Hard, dark, rough? Nuh uh. Bono - sweet, caring, adorable, beautiful, sexy.

at least he doesnt' scare me :)

Last edited:
I agree Babydoll. He looks best in black with deep bright colored shirts. I also love his hair long and dark.

Now, IMO the shades and the stubble can go, but it's up to him. I'm not his fashion police. He's a millionaire with all the fashion choices in the world, so what he wears must be what he likes.

I love seeing Bono age from a punk'd kid into the beautiful, intelligent sexy man he is today. I think that any of us who have seen him up close can say he is beautiful. I am happy that I have been able to actually grow up with them. I hope that we will grow old together and they will make more beautiful music to listen to.

:madwife:

And :rant: if Bono can rock for 2 1/2 hours and belt out the tunes that he does and run around the world, be a husband and dad of 4 I'd say he is doing awsome. (as long as he keeps the little boy inside of him):wink:

Yeah, he looks his age. I don't mind. I'm used to the stubble, it's part of him. He hasn't been clean-shaven since heaven knows when. I still think he looks pretty damn hot. :drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Bono is always going to make me :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: no matter what age he get's! Have to agree that I would like to see the stubble go as I don't like facial hair. Also I would love to see those pretty blue eyes a lot more! But hey whatever he wants to do is fine with me! He's still as adorable as he was when he was a little boy :).

U2Kitten said:
Bono always looks like a 'slob' at those political meetings. He isn't the dress up kind. He says he represents the common man and those who cannot speak for themselves. By not looking like everyone else, he stands out in a crowd. People may say, who is that guy, and why is he here? Then Bono can start talking. "Well, let me TELL you...!" ;) :yes:

That's a good point. He *does* represent the common man, and he looks like one. He stands out at the political meetings because everyone else is dressed up in a suit and tie or whatever. The pix of him with Angela Merkel are cute. Ooohh..............:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I thought he looked really good with the short hair of the Pop era. He was also bouncing around the stage in a youthful manner, but his short hair made him look like he was in his early 30's i thought.

oh, i keep forgetting that 1997 was 9 years ago.... putting the years together has become increasingly difficult for me recently :/

regardless, he still looked pretty good then, the look matched the music i thought

westendgirl said:
I wish he'd stop dying his hair. Nothing wrong w/ a few grays -- just look at Adam!

There’s nothing wrong with dying it either. He always dyed his hair even before he was old enough to have greys, so that's probably the way he wants it.

And yes, Bono is getting older, as we all are, and he’s also looking damn good at his age.

Let’s keep in mind that U2 have been on tour for almost a year, and, while on tour, he never stopped working on the causes he’s involved. I think he still is a hyperactive person.

JCOSTER said:
And :rant: if Bono can rock for 2 1/2 hours and belt out the tunes that he does and run around the world, be a husband and dad of 4 I'd say he is doing awesome. (as long as he keeps the little boy inside of him):wink:

Well said! After doing 110 shows last year, I'd think anyone would be tired. :wink: Who didn't look better 20 years ago? I know I did! Some of the naysayers should come back when they are 45 years old and let us know how they look/feel--except that long from now, I'll most likely be long gone! :lol:

SimplyConfused said:
Bono is a man that gets better with age. Edge is too. And Lars, seeing as he is the modern day Dorien Grey. And Adam? Well... I'm sure Adriana will fill yer in there. :wink:

Agree..Bono and Ads are sexy now and always will be! How many guys can have hair like Adam and be called the "Silver Fox"?;)
b7376c3b.jpg

banda.jpg

Oy:drool:

Carmelu2fan said:

Agree..Bono and Ads are sexy now and always will be! How many guys can have hair like Adam and be called the "Silver Fox"?;)
b7376c3b.jpg

Oy:drool:
Adam and Bono goodness :drool:

*madly right-clicks and saves before she spontaneously combusts* :combust:

Ok wow. All this talk about should or shouldn't Bono wear shades all the time and not one mention of the fact that he wears them to protect his eyes! This man cannot set foot anywhere, 24/7 without having cameras flashing in his face constantly, and consider that this has been going on for approximately 25 years, and the fact that he has extremely light blue sensitive eyes. (Not to mention all the years of stage lights). I wouldn't blame him if he wore dark shades all the time. He wouldn't do that though because I think he needs that eye to eye connection with people. But we gotta let him protect them at least a little bit! Poor little Bono eyes! :sad:

MsPurrl said:

Well said! After doing 110 shows last year, I'd think anyone would be tired. :wink: Who didn't look better 20 years ago? I know I did! Some of the naysayers should come back when they are 45 years old and let us know how they look/feel--except that long from now, I'll most likely be long gone! :lol:

AMEN! 20 years (or twice that, or whatever, ahem) can cause lots of wear and tear, trust me on this, and I personally think he's aging magnificently!!! Because he has att-i-tude! Bless him. Besides, what's the alternative? Face lifts and Botox? :eyebrow:

You go on with your bad ass 45 year old self, Bono! :rockon:

(MsPurrl, I'll be long gone myself, but an interesting idea you had there!:wink: )

I adore your icon Bono Mot. I never cared much for his short hair look but that icon is singlehandedly changing my mind! Everytime I see you here I love to see it! He just looks really sweet there! :)

It tugged at my heart -- he looks sort of vulnerable. I wish I had a LARGE picture of it. Lifesize, even.:wink:

I think I shall go on the quest to find the bigger version then! If I find it I'll post it here! (Lifesize would be good... real-life even better :) )

I tried to find it once, but I was on my slow as molasses laptop and it was taking forever. Ahoy, captain, get on it with your mission!:wink: I'll be checking back! <rubs hands together in anticipation>

All i can say is that after 25 years of U2 worshipping, they all look hot!!!!

I reckon the older they get the hotter they are!!! :drool:

It is a really hard job Bono's got, don't forget, he is only trying the rule the world and make it a better place for us to live in!!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom