MERGED-->Is Adam married..??+Please don't flame me for this question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2radioheadgrrl

The Fly
Please don't flame me for this question.

Okay, so I know this is probably annoying, and I didn't see anything else really posted abou it...

Did Adam get married? Just asking because of the gold ring (that looks like a wedding ring) he's sporting on the tour...

I read somewhere that depending on how you wear a claddagh (?) ring (heart up or down, ring on the left or right hand) it means that you're a single/looking for someone/already with someone...
Too complicated for me actually! :lol:

MooMoo! said:
well...as far as we know, no. apparantly its a claddah (sp?) ring, someone is bound to tell you the meaning behind it...:)
i forgot.:|

I've read those posts about the claddah ring (my friend has one). It looked like that ring was on his other hand. I don't know why I felt the need to know if Adam is married or not. I think I've been spending to much time in PLEBA lately. :lol:

MooMoo! said:
well...as far as we know, no. apparantly its a claddah (sp?) ring, someone is bound to tell you the meaning behind it...:)
i forgot.:|

I may be wrong about this: If its a Claddah ring, it is an old Irish tradition that is passed down by families through generations. If the person has the little stone heart pointing towards them it means they "belong" to someone. I think its a cute idea..

lisa2004 said:

I may be wrong about this: If its a Claddah ring, it is an old Irish tradition that is passed down by families through generations. If the person has the little stone heart pointing towards them it means they "belong" to someone. I think its a cute idea..

Yep that's more or less what I remember. Cute indeed! Since I read that, I forgot the exact meaning but I'm still hoping a date to present me with one of those rings..:shifty:

Advah said:

Yep that's more or less what I remember. Cute indeed! Since I read that, I forgot the exact meaning but I'm still hoping a date to present me with one of those rings..:shifty:

Yep, I actually dropped hints once before.. he never cottened on! Its quite sad how I know about the Claddah thing - by watching an old ep of Buffy! Hee!

lisa2004 said:

:yes:

The Claddah ring is an old tradition. The heart is for love, the crown for loyalty, and the hands fro friendship. Pointing the heart towards you means you're taken, that you're heart belongs to another, and pointing the heart out means that you are open to be taken.

Yeah, that's how it goes. If the tip of the heart points inwards, your heart belongs to someone ( e.g. you are married, engaged, etc), and if it points outwards, you are free as a bird. lol

My bf gave me a vladdagh ring made of gold, little diamonds and an emerald.

He's such a sweetheart! :love:

lisa2004 said:

Yep, I actually dropped hints once before.. he never cottened on! Its quite sad how I know about the Claddah thing - by watching an old ep of Buffy! Hee!

Same for me, it was the first time I heard about it!:reject: I don't like Buffy but at least I learnt something the only time I watched it! :lol:

Thanks for the details concerning the ring. And @Niamh: woooww! it must be really beautiful! :up:

Is Adam married..??

:eyebrow: Being the Adam girl I am, I gazed at this picture taken in Denver last night, and noticed that nice gold band around his finger.. is this old news.. ? :ohmy:

adam.jpg

Picture by : Projecte @ Livejournal.com

.... he was supposed to marry me.. :lol: Just kidding :wink:

Advah said:

Same for me, it was the first time I heard about it!:reject: I don't like Buffy but at least I learnt something the only time I watched it! :lol:

Thanks for the details concerning the ring. And @Niamh: woooww! it must be really beautiful! :up:

Here's a pic of the ring:

0632078.jpg

:drool:

He's not married (that we know of)but it certainly wouldn't shock me one day to hear how he has been secretly married for years. That just seems like him. He's been wearing that gold band on his wedding ring finger for a number of years now.

MBS said:
Thats absolutely gorgeous :heart:

No kidding. I've heard of these rings a couple of times, but I had no idea of the significance surrounding them that you all talk about in this thread.

Yeah. That's a really pretty ring, and I'm not even one who wears jewelry on a regular basis. I wouldn't mind wearing something like that.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom