MERGED --> I met Bono + I met Bono two days in a row...this is real Irish luck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great story! I'm very excited to hear Stories For Boys is being included in Vertigo. :hyper: :hyper: Thank you for sharing this with us.

That is fab Isabelle!!!! Is that you in the pic next to your name?

Pretty looking! :cute:

Bono looks great in that pic you took!! And of course fans should ask permission before taking pics! :up:

Congrats again&it is so exciting to read of the rehearsal sets!

It's all making me impatient to see them now! :hyper: :hyper:

:sad: :( I can't read it!!:( It won't come up!1 Please, help!!! Could you print it for all to see? I'd really like to read about ur experience!! Thanku!

:applaud: :dancing: :rockon: :cool: Thank u, Thank u, Thank u, for sharing ur journal with me, isabelle!!! :drool: I am glad ur are one of the nice U2 fans-so it was a good experience for u and Bono! and, what a pic to treasure!:heart: :love:

I met Bono two days in a row...this is real Irish luck

bono2.JPG

I had a shitloads of errands to do Downtown after work. One of those errands was to meet up with Jason who was at GM Place waiting for Bono. I was supposed to be done with Jason within the hour but luck changed all that. Shortly after I got there, Bono pulled up again in his Van.

Everyone, the fans, were extremely polite and just watched Bono from afar. His body guard got out of the car and said, "Come on meet Bono, it's okay." Bono was extremely tired and wasn't in the picture mood. Being the gracious man that he is, he shook hands with the fans and I got to take a picture with him. This time I was more coherent and "with it", I knew that I wasn't dreaming.

It was funny hearing Bono say, "I have to go to work now." Those he was unable to get pictures with, he invited us to come back at a certain time.

Jason if you're reading this, it was more than just luck my friend.

I really even wasn't supposed to be there today, Jason called me last minute 'cause he needed something. Glad I was able to fit you in with my errands.

isabelle_guns you are one great lady :) even to spend your time going to try and see whats happening, thank you very very much, if i ever meet you, you can be guranteed a couple of pints of the black stuff ;)

Thats great! You must be in heaven now. But was this a random incident? You were gonna meet somebody else? :scratch: :huh:

God he is amazing :heart:
Thanks for the awesome report Isabelle_guns!!!!
Exciting!!! :hyper:
I love how you say "Those he was unable to get pictures with, he invited us to come back at a certain time. "
Twice when I was fortunate to meet him....what amazed me most...is how he did NOT leave anyone behind!! He made sure everyone was happy with their meeting. Only Bono would do that :) He's truly one of a kind!!!!!!! :love:
Congrats again!

Last edited:
KUEFC09U2 said:
isabelle_guns you are one great lady :) even to spend your time going to try and see whats happening, thank you very very much, if i ever meet you, you can be guranteed a couple of pints of the black stuff ;)

aww thanks

Oh hey!! I saw you on tv yesterday!!!

I was watching citypulse and there you were!!
If I hadn't seen that I wouldn't have known where to wait for them!!!!

By the way Congradulations!!!!

Back
Top Bottom