Merged ----> *Good guy* Bono and auction!!!! + Bono has a heart of gold!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
*Good guy* Bono and auction!!!!

I have just read about Keith Duffey's (former Boyzone star) charity event in support of Irish autism charities. There was a celebrity golf tourney and they auctioned off an old car of Bono's! It's a vintage Mercedes. If you don't know how totally cool this is to me you've never seen my sig. :laugh: :cool: :cool: :love: :love:
What an :angel: I'm so damn proud to be a U2 fan.

Wow how nice of Bono to help out. It's not surprising though -- he loves to help people so much. What a guy with a big heart. :heart:

Bonofied U said:
Wow how nice of Bono to help out. It's not surprising though -- he loves to help people so much. What a guy with a big heart. :heart:

Wow! Major freak-out!!! This is so damn *nice*. We're not used to getting this sort of attention, to say the least. I :heart: :heart: :heart: this guy!!:drool: :drool: :heart: :heart:

Last edited:
Bono is definitely a nice, sweet man. :) Such a big :heart: he has and it just makes you appreciate him all the more for wanting to give so much.

:drool: :drool: :heart: :heart: :heart: :happy:
*local autistic can't believe what she read*
*but she'd better because it's true*
*my brothers and sisters in Ireland got helped by an angel*
:angel: :angel::drool: :drool:

Last edited:
Bono has a heart of gold!

Story I read at @u2.com....Wow I can't believe Bono gave away his first car he bought 20 years ago to charity and I though Larry was the packrat;) Gotta love this man!!

Corrie Tee-Time
Bono gives Mercedes for Duffy golf day

The Mirror, August 27, 2002

Paul Martin

Stars joined Keith Duffy yesterday to test their golfing skills -- but the most impressive drive of the day was Bono's old Mercedes.

The U2 frontman generously put his prized car up for Duffy's charity auction and bidders were battling it out last night to secure the piece of rock history.

Fitted with a ?10,000 sound system and cow-hide interior, the 20-year-old car is certain to stand out anywhere. The 450 SEL Mercedes was Bono's first flashy motor which he bought from the earnings from their debut album.

Keith, 27, said: "It's an amazing gesture from Bono. Our sponsors Pepsi bought it to auction off at the end of the night and Bono gave it his blessing."

The celebrity golf tournament and dinner was devised by the former Boyzone star to raise money for autism charities.

He invited his friends from Coronation Street to the bash as well as stars from the world of sport and music. Snooker ace Ken Doherty, golf veteran Christy O'Connor Jr. and Duffy's old band mate Stephen Gately were among the crowd.

The star managed to put his on-screen feud with Shelley Unwin and Peter Barlow to the side as they joined him for a round. But the Street couple -- real names Sally Lindsay and Chris Gascoine -- couldn't resist pretending to take a swing at Duffy.

? MGN Ltd., 2002.

As you can tell from my sig I am an autistic! Do you know how totally cool this was?? A heart of gold, indeed! This was *so damn sweet*!!!!!!!:drool: :drool: :heart: :heart: :mac: :evil: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom