MERGED ----> Front Line Awards in Dublin....A Voice is music too.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blm said:
I think he is looking humbled also, thinking about the serious nature of what this award represents. He didn't ahve to do this, i think it was an honor for him, too. he really cares, no way would he be bored. but- our man never lets us down (posing with Gege in the pix), he always adds a touch of (humor)childs play to a situation, cuz he is real and honest . He sees things from a childs eye sometimes, sees what is right and wrong so clearly. That is what children are - playful, honest and innocent. That is part of what we LOVE and admire about Bono.

GREAT POST, blm! :rockon:

I agree - Bono looks tired maybe, but definitely not bored. I also think that he is truly overwhelmed with humility in the presence of such a courageous woman as Gege.

Beautiful pictures - thank you all for posting. :wink:

Bono2020Kids20Fans20Mid20exc2071.jpg

Bono20Autograph20Mid20exc2070.jpg

Bono20Sunglasses20Head2028.jpg

Jeannieco said:
^^ Those are great shots! He looks so happy!
Was that today?
I think these pictures were taken the day Bono was presenting the Front Line Award in Dublin. He signed autographs and talked to local schoolgirls. Just look how starstruck the little girls are!
Thank you for all the pictures.

nenril said:
Okay, I know I'm two months late but I don't have internet here in Dublin... anyway, I was lucky enough to be there that day but not enough to talk to Bono...

I was on my way to work and I took a free copy of Metro. I usually don't but there were big red letters on the front page "KILL ONE, TERRIFY A THOUSAND". It smelled of Bono ;) So I opened the first page and there it was - "...this morning Bono will present Front Line Awards in the City Hall". I lied to my manager that I have some kind of an emergency and that I'll be a few hours late and went straight to the City Hall. Suprisingly, there was not a single fan to be seen. I waited for an hour or so and finally he arrived with Queen Rania (omg she's so beautiful!). I don't need to tell you he looked absolutely gorgeous too!
They stopped only for a second to pose for pictures and went inside. A crimpled sheet of paper with what I persume was his speech was sticking out of the back pocket of his jeans LOL :lol: (not that I was staring at his butt, nooo :shifty:

As the ceremony was close to an end, Queen Rania left and was driven straight to the airport. Bono was still there and with the help of the ambassador of Malta and his driver (thanks Graham!) I was let inside. Unfortunately I didn't get to talk to him, everyone wanted a picture with him so it was quite crowded. As he was walking downstairs to the back door he turned around, saw me and just waved me goodbye. Sweet! :cute:

I ran to the back door where he met the schoolgirls but got there just in time to see him get into the car with Ali waiting inside. And that's it... :sigh:

At least I managed to take some pics. Enjoy!

Obraz002.jpg

Obraz003.jpg
:cute: :cute:

AWESOME!!!! Thank you for sharing your story and the pics :happy:

Back
Top Bottom