MERGED --> Expecting kittens! + The kittens are here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Expecting kittens!

My cat is VERY pregnant right now. I can feel the kittens moving around its so cute! They scared me the other day cause my mom said that my cat was pregnant but i didnt beleive her. So she said well just feel her stomache and I did for a few minutes and I didnt feel anything then all of a sudden things started moving and now im really excited cause my mom said i can keep one!

awwww!!! :heart: I only have two cats, but I swear I want 10! I think I love them more each day. I'm so happy for you! My Siamese had 7 kittens when I was 7 years old. I was there for their birth -- amazing experience.

I wanna be with my cat when she has them, but I probably wont be. My dad was alegic to cats but then we got one and now he isnt alergic somehow its weird lol.

My cat's name is Smudge, a lot of people make fun of her name. My friend had a cat named Tommym he was cute, had a little smushed in face!

How cute :cute: I LOVE kittens (you could probably guess) and have had a lot. I never had any animals have babies until I was grown up and had my own place because my parents didn't like them :( I had a few pets but no babies. Then I got too many :huh: So I've seen a lot of it. By the time the babies are crawling she's usually ready to have them (that's how it was with mine) When they come, she will find a place where she feels safe, it might even be your bed or room. They never hardly cry out when they have them, that's nature because in the wild they didnt' want any other animals to know to come eat them. Also because of this, she will EAT the afterbirth :yuck: (I'm glad humans don't have to do that when we have babies!) so there is not even much mess after she gets done. She will lick all the blood and goo off them and once they dry you can see what kind of fur they will have. As hard as it is not to, please don't pick them up when they are that small. It might hurt them, and if you mess with them too much she will move them (that happened to me when my kids kept messing with them) Just watch them and see how precious they are. A cat is a loving and devoted mother and she will purr while they are drinking. She stays with them most of the time the first 2-3 weeks. Oh, and after she has them and cleans them take her a bowl of water to wash her mouth because she won't leave them and she needs it. Well, congratulations, take care of them and if you have any questions ask us here! :wave: Let us know when they're born and how many you got and what colors!

I LOVE CATS,TOOO!:heart: :hug:

I have three of them and they are so precious to me! They have traveled all over the country with me and are spoiled rotten (just as it should be). One of them is sitting right next to my keyboard as I type this.They are so comforting and at times,hysterically funny!:D

Congrats on the kittens,TheWho4life! U2Kitten gave you some great advice! That is so cool how we all love cats and it seems to be all the Bono gals,too! Interesting...:hmm:

He is like a big cat ,isn't he?:lol:He moves like one at times. I always think of Bono as a panther. All in black,sleek and sexy...:drool:

Leave it to me to find a Bono reason for everything... :rolleyes::bono:

Last edited:
Thanx for the info! I've never had a cat have kittens but my dog had puppies once a long time ago, we had to take her to the vet and everything if anyone wants to know the sad story of her I can tell you. Bu tI hope my cat has a normal birth with her kittens :). I'll be sure to tell you what they look like and everything! I've ad lots of rabbit babies though, they are so cute! And I've had hamster babies too, but rabbit babies are way cuter, but they have nothing to do with kittens... I CANT WAIT!

Billie Midol said:
That is so cool how we all love cats and it seems to be all the Bono gals,too! Interesting...:hmm:

He is like a big cat ,isn't he?:lol:He moves like one at times. I always think of Bono as a panther. All in black,sleek and sexy...:drool:

Leave it to me to find a Bono reason for everything... :rolleyes::bono:

:laugh:...he also likes to nuzzle up against people...that seems very cat-like to me...:).

Perhaps he was a cat in a past life or something :hmm: :p.

Angela

I like cats and I like Bono :cute: Purrr :love: He can nuzzle on me anytime;)

Billie that must be great to take your cats everywhere and not have to worry about them. How do you do it?

Moonlit_Angel said:

:laugh:...he also likes to nuzzle up against people...that seems very cat-like to me...:).

Angela

OMG!! That is so true!! I find that people who remind me of cats are usually very attractive...:love:

Bono has those big blue eyes ,too...like a blue eyed panther... :drool:

U2Kitten said:
I like cats and I like Bono :cute: Purrr :love: He can nuzzle on me anytime;)

Billie that must be great to take your cats everywhere and not have to worry about them. How do you do it?

Well, I do worry about them but I take extra precautions when I have traveled with them. I really have not travelled that much with them but they have flown on an airplane! I was so worried during the flight about them but they were fine. The airline people brought them to me in the airport and were cooing at them as they drove the cart with their cat traveler cages on them... :cute:They were so good with them and they all fell in love with my cats!:hug:

P.S. I would not mind nuzzling Bono either...LOL!:sexywink:

Last edited:
Guys... are you all attracted to cats or something? Cause.... Bono is a human being and Cats are felines... 2 different species lol. I mean I like cats but not that much lol. Nah, Im just kiddin' Bono is kinda cat like. But... Bono is VERY hott and my cat is nothing compared to him. Infact my cat is female.... Ive had male cats though, 2 that stayed for a while, I had C.D( Claws of Death) and Roger, they were buttheads. They dont remind me of Bono though, you guys must have some cool cats.
Well I dont know what Im trying to say... lol. Sorry. But Bono is hott and cats are not hehe.

Billie Midol said:
OMG!! That is so true!! I find that people who remind me of cats are usually very attractive...:love:

Bono has those big blue eyes ,too...like a blue eyed panther... :drool:

LOL. :D. Very interesting.

TheWho4Life...hehe, don't worry, we know the difference, we're just being goofy and everything, as usual. :). I've never known a cat who reminded me of anybody (then again, I've never owned a cat to begin with, so that would probably explain why).

Angela

Having kittens can be fun, and it's kind of too late now, but I hope you will ask your mom about getting her spayed once the kittens have been weaned. I have worked for a humane society and have seen waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many kittens put to sleep because there was no room or they got sick before they could be adopted. If you do keep one of the kittens, I hope you'll get them spayed/neutered and also keep it inside, there are many many things that can hurt or kill kitties outside. :(

We are going to get her spayed and I am keeping a male we'll probably get him nutered. But all the cats Ive had were inside/ outside cats and nothing ever killed them outside. It was the inside things that made have to die...

I?d be interested to hear about what happened to your other cats. There are things that cats can get into inside (most of which are preventable), but I know of many more examples where bad things have happened outside. I?m in MI too, and there are many cats out there who climb under car hoods to stay warm in the winter. If they are sound asleep when someone starts the car, they can be chopped to bits. Antifreeze puddles are everywhere, and it only takes a lick or two to destroy a cat?s kidneys. Many times they can?t outrun the loose dogs or mean kids in the neighborhood and are severely hurt or maimed by them. I haven?t treated too many cats that have been hit by cars, but that is because they are usually killed instantly or it is too late by the time they are brought in to a vet?s office. Feline leukemia and FIV are almost always caught by outside cats, and these are incurable diseases that can kill them when they catch a simple cold.

I?m glad you?ve been lucky so far, but if a kitten never gets the chance to go outside, he?ll never know what he?s missing?

Well I dont know really what it was, I guess it could of had to with outside bu tthe vet didnt say that it did. It was some sort of skin thing, I men it didnt kill C.D. he was just old so he got put down but Roger.... I dont know. My dad did something with him, I loved him so much:sad:. But I dont live where there are a lot of people though. I live out in the middle of nowhere. In the country. Ive had a dog get hit my a car but that was kind of my neighbors fault, he says. And I had a puppy murded my somebody's stupid dog:mad:.

heh I have 7 cats right now... don't ask me how this happened....
hope all goes well with your mama-cat...
you need to prepare a nesting box for her in a closet or under a bed, somewhere she will feel safe.
also have a baby-animal nurser and a can of KMR (basically baby formula for kittens, your vet or the pet store carries it) in case one or more of them isn't getting enough to eat, you will have to feed them yourself....

I've raised several 'foster litters' of kittens anywhere from 3 days to 5 weeks old so if you have questions feel free to bug me...

TheWho4Life said:
Guys... are you all attracted to cats or something? Cause.... Bono is a human being and Cats are felines... 2 different species lol. I mean I like cats but not that much lol. Nah, Im just kiddin' Bono is kinda cat like. But... Bono is VERY hott and my cat is nothing compared to him. Infact my cat is female.... Ive had male cats though, 2 that stayed for a while, I had C.D( Claws of Death) and Roger, they were buttheads. They dont remind me of Bono though, you guys must have some cool cats.
Well I dont know what Im trying to say... lol. Sorry. But Bono is hott and cats are not hehe.

You crack me up,TheWho4Life!:lmao:

I love that you had a cat named Roger (as in Daltrey?:wink:)...that's greatl!:D

Billie Midol, My dad named him Roger it was before I knew who Roger was.... but when I found out who Roger was I was like ROGER YOU'RE A ROCKSTAR!

Back
Top Bottom