MERGED ----> Exclusive: Bono's Birthday - Your Messages delivered... + Only 5 Days..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hanover

The Fly
Exclusive: Bono's Birthday - Your Messages delivered in person!

As everyone knows Bono turns 44 on the 10th of May 2004. We've admired him, both as a singer and humanatarian for the past 25 years, now is your chance to extend your Birthday wishes to U2's frontman. It would be ideal if the messages came not only from fans of Interference but from '44 U2 websites' to mark such a special occassion - if you manage a U2 Forum - please add this thread to it and email me with the url of your forum. All messages collected will be presented to Bono in person on the eve of his Birthday - So get posting - and let's show our appreciation and together unite in celebrating another hallmark year in the life of the man that has greatly enriched our lives!

Visit 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own' and spread the message across the web! 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own'

story.bono.baby.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! FELIZ ANIVERS?RIO!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

I wish you all the happiness in the world!
Thanks for the wonderful things you've taught us and made us feel through the songs!

Happy birthday to you!!
Happy birthday to you!!
Happy birthday dear Bono,
Happy birthday to you!!

Parab?ns pra voc?,
Nesta data querida,
Muitas felicidades,
Muitos anos de vida!!
Feliz anivers?rio!!! :happy:
:applaud: :hyper: :heart:

God bless you!!!

Keep a piece of the cake for me! :wink:

Mariana Lessa, Porto Alegre - Brazil

Last edited:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BONO!!!!!

I'm not very eloquent, so all I can really say is thank you. Thank you for all the wonderful music, and all you do for this sometimes ugly world. You make the world a more beautiful place. Your music has meant a lot to me over the years.

Happy birthay, and many more!

Dawn Pope
Boardman, Ohio, USA:heart: :heart: :heart:

Wishing you many happy returns on your 44th birthday!

We know you're working hard on the new album, but I hope you can take the day off to have a celebration with your family and friends, you deserve it!

God Bless,

Dr. Beth in Michigan

P.S. Thank you for the 'cat-bat' drawing for my future veterinary clinic, I absolutely adore it! :heart:

Happy birthday to the man who has inspired thousands of people around the world!

Thank you for the music, thank you for the inspiration, thank you for lifting our spirits up!

Meeting you has been one of the most amazing experiences in my life. I will never forget it.

I hope you have an brilliant day with your family and friends. I'll make sure to have a few glasses of champagne for you! :D

God bless!

Flavia
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Happy Birthday Bono!!!! :) I hope you have a wonderful day with your family and friends.

It was great meeting you in Dublin in 2002 (I was the one that asked you about PLEBA). Thanks for everything you do musically as well as for the people of the world.

Love & Peace,
Cristy Cantu
Maryland USA

FELIZ CUMPLEA?OS BONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a beautiful man, in all senses. There's no need to say we love you. Take care!

Made
Venezuela

Happy Birthday, Love.

Take care of yourself. You are so very loved by so many. Have a beautiful birthday. Happy 44. Cheers!

Kelly
San Francisco

Bono Happy Birthday! :wink: :happy: :) You rock! Thanks for your AIDS work, music, lyrics, inspiration, faith, and I could go on... Have a great Birthday and your daughter, too!

Carly W.

Last edited:
Hey, happy birthday Bono!!! Hope all your wishes come true. You?re a great man. I love your music and I love your humanitarian work, you?re definitely getting yourself a spot in heaven! Catholic guilt is a bitch, I know! Keep on rocking!! I?ll be seeing you when you come here to my country, I live in Brazil and maybe I?ll be seeing you in person one day. I?ll let you know. :D

Once again have a happy birthday! :applaud:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BONO!!!!! I hope you and Jordan both have a great day. Thank you for all your wonderful work in making this world a better place for all. :applaud:

Linda
St Louis, Mo.

DON'T GET TOO DRUNK LOVEY. LOL.
I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!! :drool:

You have given us great music stright from the begining, please give us some more of your loverly beautiful music, we creave for it!!

U2 CARRIES ON I WILL FOLLOW!

lots and lots of love always number 1 true fan KATE
:bono: :heart: :hug: :flirt:

Happy Birthday Bono!

Dear Bono...

All of the best wishes for your birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day, filled with love and joy together with friends, family; people you love! :hug:

...I'm sitting here staring at my computer-screen, imagining that you might actually read this - I'm starting to worry about spelling mistakes and bad grammar :ohmy: thinking about all the things I want to thank you for, say to you, talk to you about and discuss with you...

... but all of that doesn't belong here - this is your birthday thread! :yes: Maybe one day I'll finish my letter for you and have Emilie or Declan to give it to you, or maybe I'll be as lucky as them and meet you in person someday*.

I've been wondering what to "give" you for your birthday - I got these last summer and I can't think of any better birthday present for you - I truely mean very word:

An Irish blessing:
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind always be at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your fields
and until we meet again,
May God hold you in the plam of his hand.
Amen

Celtic blessing:
May you have -
Walls for the wind,
And a roof for the rain,
And drinks besides the fire,
Laughter to cheer you,
And those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire.
Amen

Once again I wish you all the best for your birthday - and also a birthday greeting for your daugther Jordan, may she have a happy birthday too. :happy:

Best regards,
~Dorthe~
Copenhagen, Denmark

*) I'm actually comming to Dublin in October (with my university), so if you want to discuss the AIDS pandemic with the future producers of AIDS medicine, I'm ready! :wink:

Happy Birthday Bono!:hug:
I remember the first time that I saw you in "New Year's Day"video(1983), in that moment I knew that something will changed in the world. I was sure!
Now, my kids also love U2 and they're beginning to learn that love is the real meaning of life.
We'll waiting for U2 in Brazil in the next tour.
Have a beautiful birthday!

Patricia
S?o Paulo - Brazil

PS: Today is the birthday(7th) of my oldest son, Pedro. Much love and sucess in his long life!

Dear Bono :cute: ,

I just want to say thank u for everything that ur doing ,u r truly a remarkable ,loving,caring person and I must say ,that I'm proud to be a fan of urs and continue to be a fan always.Thank u for opening my eyes up to see the things I didnt see...... and thank u for showing me ways in which I can help.:hug: :bono:
Love ya ,take care of urself , and be safe and hurry and come back to NYC :wink: :lmao: :kiss:

Happy Birthday, Bono! I wish you LOVE, HAPPINESS and everything that you wish yourself. Remember that we love you! Don't forget that there are a lot of U2 fans in Russia too!

Olga T. Russia, Tver

To Our Beloved Singer

Well. What can you say to someone who's inspired, united, and most of all blessed each and every life that has crossed his path in one way or another.

Sometimes it feels like just saying Happy Birthday is never enough. That saying Thank You is too small of a gesture to pass along when in all our hearts that single person has brought so much joy from the music and lyrics that are created.

Then again sometimes just saying that alone expresses more than a long wordy message of praises and compliments that never enter a mind when starting up in the music world.

So like many others around the world I'd just like to say...Thank You Bono. For all you've done in people's lives even if you may never know. And of course May you and your beautiful daughter Jordan both have a wonderful and loved filled birthday.
:applaud:

Don't cause too much trouble for your family this year... Birthday Boy or not... Try and behave yourself darling ^_^

:dance: :hug: :kiss:

All my best to your and your loved ones :mac:

Silsa
-JemEvans-
all the way over in Clearwater, Fl

Happy Birthday, Bono! Thank you for walking me through my mother's death July of 2001 -- you impact more people's lives than you can imagine.

From an older (but not necessarily wiser) fan.

Happy Birthday Dear Bono!

Hope you have a Beautiful Day! :heart: and many more to come! :)

I look forward very much to hearing the great new U2 album and really cannot wait to finally see you live in concert!

Thank you for being a great inspiration and giving the world so much enjoyment with your music and all the great work that you do!

Enjoy yourself on this special day! You really do deserve it :)

Much love to you
Celia xxxxx (from Kent)

Last edited:
Bumping this because I'd been trying to think of what all to say for the longest time, and finally decided to just go for it.

Bono-

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate everything you do for this world, and how great it is to find a person out there who puts into words so perfectly what others are thinking and feeling. I'm also glad to see you keeping faith in humanity-yay for the optimistic people! :D. You're an incredible, inspiring person, and I'm very proud to call myself a fan of someone like you. :). I hope you have a wonderful birthday, and may people all over continue to be helped and inspired by your kind words and gestures. Everyone else here is right...you do deserve all the best, after all you've done for us.

So a happy birthday to ya, Bono! :hug:. And a happy one to Jordan, too. :wave: :). Enjoy yourselves on your special day.

Angela
Nebraska, U.S.A.

Dear Sir:

So.. as of 10th May, 44 years are dawning... for 20 of them you've been in my life one way or another. The lithe young bloke in that 1984 video, who leapt down from the stage and threw his mic in the air may as well have thrown a hook into me -- or was it a lifeline?

Through growing up in Boston MA USA in the 1980s, losing friends and family to HIV, I held tight to that line. It's led me places I never would have gone, from becoming a member of Amnesty International in high school and leading campaigns against apartheid, to taking the well-deserved slap in the face you delivered to us "American Irish" during R&H's Sunday Bloody Sunday and holding a minor in Irish history in college as a result of wanting to learn the truth. There were nights when I was at university that I clung to that line because it was the last real thing I knew I had, through the blackest times of my life, and I got out the other side still hanging on.

Then something changed.... Something about Zooropa made me let go of that line for awhile.
I watched from a distance, wistful and confused, wondering which of us had changed more, and why it hurt so much to 'leave U2 behind'. The earlier albums stayed with me but I wasn't a follower anymore....

Fast forward, 2001 - I'm a parent now, married, working on an ambulance squad. 9/11.. what's left to be said? I was on standby for three days, until they ordered us to stand down, as there was nothing any of us could do.
Almost a year later to the week, Electrical Storm was released... and that lifeline was suddenly in my hands again, as though I'd never let it go. This time it led me to DATA and the African Well Fund and all that you'd been doing while I was looking away... from speaking on the WTC tragedy, to campaigning for HIV aid for Africa, to getting up in the politicians' faces -because you could- and demanding they pay attention to these issues.

I cannot begin to express how much that you, and your band, and your activism, has affected my life. Thank you, for every minute of it. For being the one who made me think, made me laugh, cry, dance, and think some more. For bringing hope when there was none and for standing up and saying the things nobody else would, and balls to those that complained on the sidelines.

Oh yes, and for always looking cool as hell while doing it....

Respectfully yours on your 44th,
Jai Wolfe
volare@charter.net

Back
Top Bottom