MERGED ---> Cleveland + Need a ride to Cleveland?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
am a newbie, not sure if i count as a PLEBAn (what exactly are the requirements for membership?), but i'll be there!

Must be nice to have all that money, and enough free time, and a nice car that doesn't break down
bawling.gif

*jumps up and down* ME
and fyi, the total cost of this whole shindig for me is about $50... that I don't have... but hopefully I will by then, heh :yes:
man, that's a week's pay for me, and I'm probably going to have to skip a day of class (and a day of work) and take my homework along with me
but dammit, it's worth it

Dad and I want to wait until spring, so it's just gonna be him and me. Would have been nice to meet folks, but we hate to make firm travel plans in the winter. :)

I would have liked to go but am too waiting until Spring at least. I'm only a couple hours away but I have experienced the weather up there when I went up for a concert it turned into blizzard like conditions. Couldnt find any place to stay since they were already full so a 2 1/2 hour drive back home turned into 6. Would be cool to meet people though.

I want to go but I don't know about driving from 5-6 hours by myself and paying for a hotel for the weekend! It should be great fun but ............

I did however get a Membership to the Hall of FAme!

I guess I should decide soon!!!

If anyone can go by only paying fifty bucks and missing one day of work or school, go for it, it's one of those chances that are too good to miss. I'm just saying I can't go because it's a whole travel day each way and my car sucks, especially crossing the mountains in the snow and it doesn't even like to start if the temp is under 32 degrees F. It's not just 50 bucks for me, I'd have to stay several nights in a hotel, plus food, gas and other travel expenses which would run into several hundred dollars I don't have. Even if I only traveled out for one of the days it would still be 2 nights in a hotel. Not to mention all the time I'd have to be gone from my responsibilities here. That's what I mean by must be nice not to have all these things working against you, but I do. Just can't do it. Maybe in the summer I'll see some of you there.

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
<--- going. I don't have a choice in the matter :|

Sheesh Lies - let's try to curb the enthusiasm *just* a bit..... :hug:

ok - i admit it - i am one of the ones threatening to kidnap her if she won't come quietly :uhoh:

niku2--

I too am a newbie...I don't post often but I sure do like it here!!

general question: seriously, I'm not too bright about this kind of stuff...what qualifies as "cocktail party" clothes?? Are we talking velvet suit or little black dress? jeans with tux jacket or the whole tux? evening gown or shaggy black pants with little top? Can someone help me out here?

Cocktail party clothes- I forgot to add that to my reasons I can't go- I don't even own anything fancy or even acceptable and my only pair of high heels is from Wal-mart:rolleyes: and I can't afford new tuff. Sigh, these things aren't for poor folks:(

U2Kitten said:
Cocktail party clothes- I forgot to add that to my reasons I can't go- I don't even own anything fancy or even acceptable and my only pair of high heels is from Wal-mart:rolleyes: and I can't afford new tuff. Sigh, these things aren't for poor folks:(

I hear ya.

The only pair of high heels I have I bought at Payless to wear to my prom. One of them is too big too, so my foot always slides out of it. :|

Sounds kind of fancy for me...I'd rather just see the exhibit with my dad in our jeans and U2 shirts and not bother with any fancy parties or stuff...I just wanna see the memorabilia.

Bonochick said:

I hear ya.

The only pair of high heels I have I bought at Payless to wear to my prom. One of them is too big too, so my foot always slides out of it. :|

Sounds kind of fancy for me...I'd rather just see the exhibit with my dad in our jeans and U2 shirts and not bother with any fancy parties or stuff...I just wanna see the memorabilia.

Yeah i am in high school..and i am poor and have big feet..i am a junior and I have been to about 7 formals with the exact same shoes..I got them at payless for $5 to wear to my grandmas funeral about 3 years ago. My sister borrowed them and her friends dog chewed them to shreads. they were my all purpose dress shoes..now i have nothing! my sister sucks

Thanks BC, I hear ya too. Sounds like my shoes, one of the heels is messed up. I'm a jeans girl too. I hope I'll run into you there sometime when it's warm! Who knows, maybe Bono will be just dropping by quietly with his kids and we can meet him like that, you never know!

wow...my problem is that i have too many clothes to choose from! although, there is no way that high heels will be involved! Not in february! I like to wear heels, I'm 5-10 and heels put me over 6 feet (yay!) but I'm not wearing skimpy footwear in the snow and ice!

Need a ride to Cleveland?

I am driving up from Knoxville TN either on Thursday night or Friday.

If you punch in Knoxville to Cleveland as driving directions at mapquest and you live anywhere close to the route - email me. I have room for 3 [maybe 4].

I can't help you with lodgings, but I may be able to get you there. :wink:

yellowkite@u2email.com

flylover said:
wow...my problem is that i have too many clothes to choose from! although, there is no way that high heels will be involved! Not in february! I like to wear heels, I'm 5-10 and heels put me over 6 feet (yay!) but I'm not wearing skimpy footwear in the snow and ice!

What about a cool pair of boots? Definitely agree about skimpy footwear in the cold weather! Saw 2 people in sandals last week and I wanted to go up and ask what they were thinking.

I posted this in one of the other threads, but I emailed the membership manager at the HOF and she said she'll just be in business casual, and really anything goes - actually, to quote her:

Well, I'll be dressed in business casual, so your blank pants and nice tops are perfectly acceptable. Remember: this is a rock and roll museum. Anything goes!

So.....I wouldn't get bent out of shape over the issue ;)

Back
Top Bottom