MERGED ----> Bono's Father's Day Celebration with Oprah + Oprah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partygirl

The Fly
Bono's Father's Day Celebration with Oprah

Bono is supposed to be on Oprah again on Wed., June 11th. It is a show on "Rockin' Fathers" It's supposed to be a tribute for Father's Day.

:bow:
OMD! I missed him when he was on the other time:mad:
but I will tape him this time, I swear, even if he makes a personal appearance on my doorstep I'll make him wait until the show's donebefore I pay any attention to him....maybe I'll be nice and let him inside, but I'm definitly taping it first. Wow, I must be REALLY tired to come up with a scenario like that :p

Is he going to be live, recorded, or just footage from the last time? Does it say?

It didnt say specifically. From what I remember it gave a list of people that included Bono saying they are here so he could have actually done the show or it could be a segment put together from before or footage. Who knows...we'll just have to watch wont we! :D

If I had to guess, I'd say this will be footage from his first interview with Oprah. There hasn't been any reports of him being here in Chicago. If it was a new interview I think we would have heard about it somewhere as well. :shrug:

Maybe...lol. I'd be nice if it was new though :yes:

:wave:

~J

It has to be a taped segment. He was in Dublin after the wedding. Unless he made a very quick stop in Chicago to tape w/Oprah, they would almost have to be using other footage. This article is on u2log.com, dated today:

Today Bono addressed participants at the World Editors Forum in Dublin, where he thanked journalists and editors for helping him to highlight the AIDS emergency in Africa and commented on the media coverage he has received as a rock star over the years.
It article goes on.. (Pic of Bono speaking - there also):heart:

Last edited:
There is some really good footage of Bono speaking about the AIDS 'EMERGENCY' on this site. :bono: I know it was a while back, but it is so powerful.. :up: See the footage for "after the show part", if you haven't already. Oh, and today is one month after the phenomenal success of the Africas Well Fund for Bono's birthday!! Continue to help if you can.. :heart: That would be the Sweetest Thing."

Last edited:
Thank you so much for that subject- I almost forgot to set the VCR!! :crazy:

It was only clips of his last interview with Oprah. He spoke about how having children made him want to change the world more.

Oprah did add after the clip that Bono was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize and that he deserves it. She also called him "Mr. Bono."

:laugh:

~J

I just watched and taped the Bono segment on Oprah. Even if it was just old clips, I hadn't seen the show when he was on last time, so it was new to me :p

dreams out loud said:
U2 is also going to be on the Boigraphy/A&E channel tonight at 8pm

WHAT!? great, not only will I be off in Australia, but I don't have cable anyway, double trouble :sad:

That Oprah show made me cry..of all the things I love about U2, one of the most important to me is that they are family men, and Dads..and seem to be such GOOD fathers, and do their best to keep their kids' lives private and as normal as possible.

All of you ladies here, please don't take it for granted if you have a good Dad - you are so lucky

Sorry, I just felt like saying that

I was disappointed it was only last fall's footage. When Arnold was live I hoped he would be too. Good show though.

I just got home from work and watched it (after Mom made me sit through the same What Not to Wear TWICE :mad: )! Mega Bono fuzzies!! I'd missed that one both times it came on, and it was nice to catch some of the footage. Mom kinda liked it too- she laughed when he said he was eccentric, and when he said being a dad made him more pissed off.

:love::bono::love:

Back
Top Bottom