MERGED ----> Bono's Apartment Smoke Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dunno, if Bono and famille wanted clean air, then why live in NYC anyway? It's not exactly world famous for being pristine environment. :shrug:

Bonochick said:

I'm thinking that if I spent $14M on a house, I'd be kind of mad if I was having problems with smoke invading my space.
If I had that money, I'd be pissed off with other people's AIR invading my space. :mad:

He should sell the apartment and get a California ranch like Edge. 120 acres! No neighbors...or chimney for miles, Bono! ;) Edge has got the right idea.

bonocomet said:
yes Bono come to California please!

At the Staples Center while we were chatting up Big John it was asked if Bono had any plans to buy property in California, John said he had talked about looking at property:hyper:
When it was asked where he said maybe somewhere close to The Edges house..not sure how true/acurate this was but coming from John I sqeeeeeeeeeed in delight!!!! :D

screw NY and california, come to australia !!!!!!! loads of space, fresh air, surf, sunshine, cheap, property so big you need your own helicopter to get around it .

mysterious_jen said:
screw NY and california, come to australia !!!!!!! loads of space, fresh air, surf, sunshine, cheap, property so big you need your own helicopter to get around it .

:lmao:

Somehow, quite true. Remebered my first day arrival, was making a phone call to my mom. I was so shocked there was so few people I saw in the airport. :ohmy:

Bonochick said:

I'm thinking that if I spent $14M on a house, I'd be kind of mad if I was having problems with smoke invading my space.

That was exactly the point I wanted to make in my first post (at the very beginning of this thread)

AND I was wondering how high up the highest apartments with a chimney would be.
I mean, can you imagine those folks getting their arms filled with wooden logs and carrying them up to the apartments ??
Or even if they have staff to do it for them, I just think it must look hilarious :lol:

I don't mean to add oil to the fire here, but I think there my have been some confusion about the size of Bono's apartment.

I too remember reading somewhere that his place in NY was too small for the whole family to stay in, but that was the previous place he owned there (which he sold when he bought the Apple apt, if I'm not mistaken)

mysterious_jen said:
really ??? :ohmy:
wow.... thats blown my mind !
bono definatley needs to come here for some clean air for the kids then.

Yeah. It's fresh on my mind b/c I was researching for something else a while back. The sites I found say between 18-21 million, depends on when/how they counted. NYC also has a larger Irish population than the country of Ireland. :)

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0884087.html

i don't understand what the fuss is about. the fireplace is not up to code, and its use has been banned. if you REALLY want that fresh pine scent
1) go outside
2) you can get a nice pine tree shaped car freshner for only $1!

i may have skipped over the part in the article where it says when this actually took place, but i think it is rather weird to be using a fireplace in the springtime, when it isn't cold in NY right now.

thrillme said:
He should sell the apartment and get a California ranch like Edge. 120 acres! No neighbors...or chimney for miles, Bono! ;) Edge has got the right idea.
:lol: I don't think Bono would survive without people to talk to!

BonoFox1 said:

At the Staples Center while we were chatting up Big John it was asked if Bono had any plans to buy property in California, John said he had talked about looking at property:hyper:
When it was asked where he said maybe somewhere close to The Edges house..not sure how true/acurate this was but coming from John I sqeeeeeeeeeed in delight!!!! :D

Hmmm, he does alot of business in the San Francisco Bay Area. If he wants to live in CA, maybe he should consider this house in San Francisco :drool:

http://www.2901broadwaystreet_dot_com

A bargain at only $55M and he could hobnob with the Gettys and the Larry Ellisons who are just across the street.

...plus our air quality is soooo much better :wink:

last unicorn said:

Well, he could get himself some animals and talk to them.
They will be delighted!

:hmm: good point, Bono would be happy to talk to a turnip if he had to!

:lol: he can keep himself busy with about anything.... hel-lo attentionspan of 1 second!

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Okay, I just had this hilarious mental image of Edge continually buying property to get away from Bono... and Bono continually buying the house next door :lol:
loltruth :laugh:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Okay, I just had this hilarious mental image of Edge continually buying property to get away from Bono... and Bono continually buying the house next door :lol:

:bono: :hyper: Edge, you forgot to leave me your adress, but don't worry I found you :yes:
:edge: :crack: oh lords, perhaps I should check for available places on mars or so...

DreamOutLoud13 said:

:lol:

The Sad Punk said:
Isn't this the same guy that lit up a fag in a hotel room?

in a hotel that is all no smoking?
You mean Bono?

As far as I know he lit a cigarette in the bar of the Clarence hotel, was promptly advised not to smoke and apologized.

He seemed to have forgotten about the "no smoking".

Bad boy Bono, but hey, can happen to everyone, happened to me and to some of my friends as well.

I don't think you can compare these two situations.

Galeongirl said:

:bono: :hyper: Edge, you forgot to leave me your adress, but don't worry I found you :yes:
:edge: :crack: oh lords, perhaps I should check for available places on mars or so...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

the Headlines in a year or so....

*U2's Rock Gutair Genius Turns Inventor*

They {physicists} SAID it was Impossible because their theories said there was no such "animal", but the gutair genius of The world-renowned Rock band U2- The Edge- has invented the "Faster Than Light Drive" [FTL drive] -- the kind of sci-fi fiction device that had the "Star Trek" crews" going "where no one has gone before": the "Warp Drive".

While rumour has it that the ORIGINAL reason he invented it was to give himself more spece between him and another unnamed person, these rumours have remained unsubstantiated.

Last edited:
last unicorn said:

You mean Bono?

As far as I know he lit a cigarette in the bar of the Clarence hotel, was promptly advised not to smoke and apologized.

He seemed to have forgotten about the "no smoking".

Bad boy Bono, but hey, can happen to everyone, happened to me and to some of my friends as well.

I don't think you can compare these two situations.

Ah, righto, then. :up: Didn't realize it was a bar.

Back
Top Bottom