MERGED ----> Bono or Justin? + Dispute over bono's lines in band aid 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ancalagon said:
I can't believe the crap that's flying over this line.

QUOTE:
Darkness star Justin yesterday accused U2 frontman Bono of pulling rank - despite performing a "poorer" version of the line in the re-recording of the original 1984 hit Do They Know It's Christmas.

He said: "We both recorded the same line. I did it better than him but his management kicked up a stink and he is going to do it again today. It means politically I'm not allowed to sing it.

"He's going to try and re-sing it - or they may decide to use the original line from 20 years ago." He added: "If he does try to re-sing it he has got balls of steel. I don't think I'll be given the chance to beat him again, which is fine. It's not an ego thing for me. But to him it's very important."
UNQUOTE

ASSHOLE!!!! :mad: :madspit: I feel like hiting him on the face big time!!! :censored:

You know i thought it might have been a while before i got to use these smilies: :mad: :madspit: but now i've found a reason! Damn that Justin has really stirred me up! Stars, i am completely with you about Bono kicking his ass! i was so angry about that crap he came out with, 'i sang it better' OOOHHHHHHHH FECK OFF!!!!!I was like, hay you Bono is a fucking living legend, do you know who your talking about?GO TO HELL hey Bono i'll kick his ass for you BABE!!!!!:evil: :angry: Bono baby MIIIIIILLLLLEEEEESSSSS BETTER THAN YOU MAN!!!!GGGRRRR
Leave my honey alone you asshole :yell:

Ancalagon said:
[Justin] said: "We both recorded the same line. I did it better than him but his management kicked up a stink and he is going to do it again today. It means politically I'm not allowed to sing it.

"He's going to try and re-sing it - or they may decide to use the original line from 20 years ago." He added: "If he does try to re-sing it he has got balls of steel. I don't think I'll be given the chance to beat him again, which is fine. It's not an ego thing for me. But to him it's very important."

Sounds like it is an ego thing for Justin... and if he did do the line better, they would've kept it in the song instead of giving it to Bono to re-record.

I think someone's dining on a big heaping plate of sour grapes. :rolleyes:

I'm still with Bono on this one. :shrug: He made the line famous....he made the crisis in Africa a personal one to himself and he has tirelessly campaigned to make it better. I wouldn't have a problem if he wanted to sing the whole dang thing.

Hm, gradually the 'true' story is coming out. According to this version in the Telegraph the Darkness guy was attempting to be waggish:

QUOTE: "Justin was just trying to be funny, and speaking off the cuff as he left the studio," he said. "It was all just meant to be a joke." QUOTE

If that's the way it was, I'll reconsider my opinion of Justin being an 'utter jerk'. I might change it to 'idiot' - surely he's aware that the media loves to repeat quotes out of context in the name of creating a sensation. Silly boy!

Bono has also said a bit more about the Line of Doom: QUOTE: "It's a line I really, really loathed. I still do. I hated singing it in the first place. I really, certainly didn't want to sing it again. But Fran [Healy, the singer with Travis] and Nigel [Godrich, the producer] and various people said, `You have to'." QUOTE

He said much the same thing in the interview on Jo Whiley's show, also saying (from memory) that Justin could have it with his blessing.

Sue DeNym, please don't allow your opinion of Bono to be affected by scandal-mongering newspapers. :hug:

Saw Justin on TV Monday saying that he sang Bonos line and Bono gota all worried and flew in to London to re-record his line because he was scared that Justins version would be better!

What a prat - he just did this to get his Queen Wannabe band in the press :rolleyes:

Ancalagon said:
Sue DeNym, please don't allow your opinion of Bono to be affected by scandal-mongering newspapers. :hug:

I knew there had to be more to this story than was reported. Bono's done some silly things, true, but acting like a spoiled brat is way out of character for him.

Dispute over bono's lines in band aid 2

Why the hell was justin hawkins from the darkness moaning about bonos original line in band aid!!!! How the hell can he say that his version of the line is better than bono's??

I dont think a squeeky constipated strangled cat would sound too good on that part of the song some how!!!

what do you think?
Would justin sing the lines better than bono?:ohmy:

I aint been on here for ages so im sorry if the rants are over!
I think the first song was the best on his lines, but still the new version aint that bad! HAS TO BE BETTER THAN STUPID DARKNESS QUEEN WANNA BE JUSTIN!

Back
Top Bottom