MERGED ----> Bono or Justin? + Dispute over bono's lines in band aid 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know what, I would almost be tempted to see what would happen if two versions of the single were released. One with Bono and one with the scraggly wanna be... We all know who would win anyway :wink:

Miroslava said:
You know what, I would almost be tempted to see what would happen if two versions of the single were released. One with Bono and one with the scraggly wanna be... We all know who would win anyway :wink:

only some other "scraggly wanna be"s would buy his version. noboby will ever sing this line better than B-man. nobody will ever sing it even as good as he does. he himself said lately this was his line and the rest can simply f*ck off. Justin should take that advise :wink:

Justin needs his ass kicked!! He thinks he's freddie mercury...........
Well sorry to inform you dickweed,but you ain't!!
I'm ashamed to say i was a darkness fan,til i heard what that shithead said about bono!!!

Oooh - B getting physical!!... :drool: :drool: That image just dredges up something so primal in me, you know??? :evil:

:macdevil: I really, really would want this fight to take place now. 'sides, it would work out best for charity purposes anyway, cause I know we would be buying extra copies just to make it a really mercy-less loss for scraggly.... :madspit:

And seriously, when Bono tells you to piss off, you should really heed the advise! :eyebrow:

Miroslava said:

And seriously, when Bono tells you to piss off, you should really heed the advise! :eyebrow:

Seriously...I've seen him when he's pissed. Oooh reminds me of an MP3 I have of him going off on some jerk in the crowd....he says, "Listen you, if I get more one piece of shit from you, you're outta here I don't care if you paid for front row...." It was very sexy....

I can't believe the crap that's flying over this line.

QUOTE:
Darkness star Justin yesterday accused U2 frontman Bono of pulling rank - despite performing a "poorer" version of the line in the re-recording of the original 1984 hit Do They Know It's Christmas.

He said: "We both recorded the same line. I did it better than him but his management kicked up a stink and he is going to do it again today. It means politically I'm not allowed to sing it.

"He's going to try and re-sing it - or they may decide to use the original line from 20 years ago." He added: "If he does try to re-sing it he has got balls of steel. I don't think I'll be given the chance to beat him again, which is fine. It's not an ego thing for me. But to him it's very important."
UNQUOTE

Does that sound like Bono to you? What an utter jerk this guy is! And anyway, this is not what Band Aid is about. Even if there WAS some jostling for position in the ranks he should have the good manners to keep quiet about it. Meh, and the muckraking media are just as bad.

:madspit:

starsgoblue said:

Seriously...I've seen him when he's pissed. Oooh reminds me of an MP3 I have of him going off on some jerk in the crowd....he says, "Listen you, if I get more one piece of shit from you, you're outta here I don't care if you paid for front row...." It was very sexy....

I haven't heard about this... what happened, and do you have the mp3?

Ancalagon said:
I can't believe the crap that's flying over this line.

QUOTE:
Darkness star Justin yesterday accused U2 frontman Bono of pulling rank - despite performing a "poorer" version of the line in the re-recording of the original 1984 hit Do They Know It's Christmas.

He said: "We both recorded the same line. I did it better than him but his management kicked up a stink and he is going to do it again today. It means politically I'm not allowed to sing it.

"He's going to try and re-sing it - or they may decide to use the original line from 20 years ago." He added: "If he does try to re-sing it he has got balls of steel. I don't think I'll be given the chance to beat him again, which is fine. It's not an ego thing for me. But to him it's very important."
UNQUOTE

Does that sound like Bono to you? What an utter jerk this guy is! And anyway, this is not what Band Aid is about. Even if there WAS some jostling for position in the ranks he should have the good manners to keep quiet about it. Meh, and the muckraking media are just as bad.

:madspit:

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=124206580&p=yz4zx7z86

doesn't seem like other people were that impressed with Justin either:

"A version was recorded by Justin Hawkins of The Darkness yesterday and the singer claimed it was better than that done by the U2 frontman.

Ure said it was a “very Darkness version” which “may have been perceived as a little too flippant”.

He added that, as he was leaving the studio last night, Bono had flown in to record the line again.

Kemp was critical of Hawkins’ version, saying: “You don’t want this to be a parody of the other one.

"That’s maybe what Justin was kind of in danger of.” "

So, is this guy like the UK version of Scott Stapp (who I also found sexy) :eek: ?

What's really cracking me up about all this is that I don't think Bono even wanted that line in the original Band Aid. I can't find a source for it now but I can't. But I swear I remember that in the original Band Aid, Bono didn't want that line and thought it was trite, but he was the last person to arrive and got stuck with it. Does anyone remember? :scratch:

I have my original Making Of tape around here somewhere, maybe I'll dig it out. :mad:

neutral said:
What's really cracking me up about all this is that I don't think Bono even wanted that line in the original Band Aid. I can't find a source for it now but I can't. But I swear I remember that in the original Band Aid, Bono didn't want that line and thought it was trite, but he was the last person to arrive and got stuck with it. Does anyone remember? :scratch:

I have my original Making Of tape around here somewhere, maybe I'll dig it out. :mad:

Yeah, he had some sort of feelings similar to that. But the thing is though...he too it and he OWNED that puppy. All the more reason he shoulda had it this go around too...he's the one who made that line legendary.

Back
Top Bottom