MERGED ----> bono observation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course, greety. I was in Ortigia to spend a short holiday with a friend of mine when - unbelievable - through the small streets of the center we saw Bono with other people walking undisturbed. We couldn’t believe to see him among the normal people. No one knew him all around. We didn’t want to disturb him anyway, so we passed nearby, followed him for a little at distance and then let him to continue his holiday.
Not stopping him was terrible to us, but having respect is necessary, isn’t it?
Excuse my bad English :D

:applaud: How awesome for you illusion!! And I love the way you respected the fact he was on 'private time'. I think you get a gut feeling as to when would be best to approach him, and I'm sure that had the timing been right you would have got to speak to him. I think its beautiful that you got to see him in such a natural, undisturbed situation. :D Congratulations!

Hi, illusion, and thanks for sharing your story!

I cannot imagine how it must feel to see Bono totally unexpected walking down some street. What a great experience.

Thank you! Yes, it was really a great experience, ‘cause totally unexpected! And I’m happy to know that Bono loves Italy (he has been seen in Amalfi and Naples too)!

illusion said:
Of course, greety. I was in Ortigia to spend a short holiday with a friend of mine when - unbelievable - through the small streets of the center we saw Bono with other people walking undisturbed. We couldn’t believe to see him among the normal people. No one knew him all around. We didn’t want to disturb him anyway, so we passed nearby, followed him for a little at distance and then let him to continue his holiday.

Excellent English. Excellent story and altho very difficult, you did the right thing! I think that is why Bono enjoyes some far away places so that they CAN wander about undiscovered and enjoy themselves more. I say good for them!!

I also love these guys because of how they look. I mean... it may be weird to some... But I started to love everything they wear. Seriously. It's hard to explain. I care about how they look, because they can make me laugh about it, and make me love them with it. But I don't care enough about how they look, either, cause I love them anyway.
Weeell whatever, don't mind me. :wink:

I like seeing the guys wearing all their different gear.....but bono especially, IS guilty of some horrendous crimes against fashion!

gman said:
I like seeing the guys wearing all their different gear.....but bono especially, IS guilty of some horrendous crimes against fashion!

if that's one of Bono's few flaws, i'll take him, actually double that, i'll double take him, with cherry on top! :wink:

gman said:

:hyper: may I?

:lmao:
bonosuitlolie1.jpg

^ Proof that he should never be allowed to dress himself. Ever.

And he looks so proud of himself, too.

Yeah, Bono has said himself that he doesn't care much about that, he simply puts on the clothes that he finds at the end of the bed, and unless someone takes them away to wash them or exchanges them, it can be quite embarrassing at times.

I don't think he was exaggerating too much with that statement.

He was kind of there with at least the colours matching, and then, a greeny brown tie :giggle:

last unicorn said:
Yeah, Bono has said himself that he doesn't care much about that, he simply puts on the clothes that he finds at the end of the bed, and unless someone takes them away to wash them or exchanges them, it can be quite embarrassing at times.

I don't think he was exaggerating too much with that statement.

But it's why we love him...isn't it?

Maybe that's just me. :reject:

Bono Mot said:
:reject:

I love how he dresses. It makes me happy! :)

I can always point to him and say, "I dress better than he does!"

Of course, it's easy when all your clothes are either blue or black. You cannot fail to match with that. :reject:

We do have the lack of caring what our clothes look like thing in common, though.

Serena Vox said:

But it's why we love him...isn't it?

Maybe that's just me. :reject:

No, it's not just you. I love that about him as well, it's just part of who he is and what makes him so unique.

I like Bono's shoes.

I know what you mean about Edge's beanie... I can't believe he even wore it at his wedding. I guess it is iconic now... no mention of Bono's sunglasses? Those are iconic now too, but I don't know why he is always wearing them.

I think Adam had some really bad fashion moments in the 80's.

Last edited:
Trinity3000 said:
I like Bono's shoes.

I know what you mean about Edge's beanie... I can't believe he even wore it at his wedding. I guess it is iconic now... no mention of Bono's sunglasses? Those are iconic now too, but I don't know why he is always wearing them.

I think Adam had some really bad fashion moments in the 80's.

I was only alive for the last year and a half of the 80s so I shouldn't judge, but from any pictures of anyone I've seen from that era: the 80s WERE A bad a fashion moment.:lol:

illusion said:

I'm sorry, I totally forgot to check back here :reject:

Well yes, it must be quite a shock to see some one so familiar all of a sudden (when you don't expect it) :wink:

And :up: for being brave and COOL not to bother him on his vacation, that must have been really hard.

:applaud:

I'm a Shoe Fanatic and the only thing I have a prob. with is the mandals with jeans - I don't really like that on anyone. But it's nothing worse than what I wear to the grocery store on a Saturday morning.

And Edge w/o a beanie is... well, just not Edge.

To the original poster: I don't think I'd waste a moment with the boys ragging on shoe choice. I'd be too busy drooling and giggling like an idiot.

And in the end, like others have said, it's about the music, right?

JCOSTER said:
If you ever had a chance to talk to them....you would forget exactly what you wanted to say in the first place.

They are mesmerizing.

:rolleyes: Unfortunately that's true. I couldn't say a damn thing. Something along the lines of "Guuuuuuh" was what came out I think. At least my husband was there to say something. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom