MERGED--> Bono in Washington tomorrow? + Bono at National Prayer Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
thank you for the link :bow:

I thought that this was one of his (Bono's) better speeches too.

I hope they really listened.

Wow, that was one of his better speeches! It was awesome!!

Cspan just announced at the bottom of the screen, Bono and Bush at Prayer Breakfast 11:45pm

kellyahern said:
53e926b3.jpg

ff144f49.jpg

6725f35d.jpg

de125676.jpg

GREAT pictures!

Thanks for posting them.

Bono appears to be in top form for tomorrow night.

I can't wait. :hug:

kellyahern said:

Thank you

You're so very welcome! Let's just hope they show it in it's entire. I'm staying up...U?

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:

This picture makes me want to throw up. Sorry, I feel very strongly about this.

I feel this way myself..God..I can't believe it..Sad day for this U2 fan. Bono is hugging and smiling with a man responsible for war and trashing domestic and international law..It's just so sad..I wonder if this picture will be shown in South America when U2 plays there..Most people won't be too happy.

mybono said:

I feel this way myself..God..I can't believe it..Sad day for this U2 fan. Bono is hugging and smiling with a man responsible for war and trashing domestic and international law..It's just so sad..I wonder if this picture will be shown in South America when U2 plays there..Most people won't be too happy.

Just curious, did you hear Bono's speech?

mybono said:

Wow here comes the newcomers! You obviously have no idea what Bono is trying to do. Yes, people might not like this photo opportunity but he has to dance with the devil to get what he wants. Did you just come here to stir up trouble? Do you really care what Bono is trying to do? You just felt like bashing him because of this photo?

Listen to the speech and be glad for it. It may just put food in the belly of a starving child.

U2Girl1978 said:

Wow here comes the newcomers! You obviously have no idea what Bono is trying to do. Yes, people might not like this photo opportunity but he has to dance with the devil to get what he wants. Did you just come here to stir up trouble? Do you really care what Bono is trying to do? You just felt like bashing him because of this photo?

Amen to that! Thanks u2girl! People don't get it. This is why he is getting so many things done because he knows that he has to"dance with the devil" in order to achieve this amazing thing he is doing. Why has he been successful when others in the music world have not? Because he knows that in order to make these things happen you have to work with all sides (both political parties!). And get them to believe in what you are doing as well as gaining their trust in order to make things happen. You can see how influential he is on both sides. These guys really respect him and believe that what he is saying and doing is important and valid. Can you name a rockstar that has gotten the US gov't to give 5 billion dollars to AIDS in Africa? NO... he is it.

He is am amazing human being!!!

When I was mailed my Yahoo News Alerts today I found it a bit amusing and certainly heartwarming to see that all of the articles were U2-related, but none were about concerts, albums, movie premieres, or music charts.

They were all about Bono and Edge's respective campaigns to help the less fortunate.

I've said it before if I've said it a million times. I love this band.

:heart: :bono: :edge: :heart:

Last edited:
Val said:
Listen to the speech and be glad for it. It may just put food in the belly of a starving child.

Amen

I don't fault anyone for feeling sick at seeing Bono and Bush like this, I am certainly no fan of Bush in any way, shape, or form.

But when I see that I think of how Bono has been to Ethiopia, he has been to Africa-he has held these children, he has seen unspeakable things. It's a whole lot easier to feel a certain way when you only see photos, only see things in the abstract from a safe, comfortable distance. I'm not faulting others, I certainly put myself in the same category.

Bono has made headway w/ Bush re Africa, debt, and poverty - and if he has to do things like that to get through to him and some other politicians, so be it. When you read the transcript of that speech and really examine it, Bono says things that some of these politicians, including Bush, don't want to acknowledge.

capt.whre10102021500.bush_whre101.jpg

Check out the faces. Bush is like, oh yeah, finally a rock star who's not ashamed to be seen with me!

Bono is like, "I didn't know what to do, so I had to shake hands with thing 1 and thing 2!" :p

Watching that video had a rather strange effect on me. This is the first time I've ever seen video of Bono discussing God at length. The only reason I ever got into U2 in the first place was because of my admiration (and indeed, jealousy) of Bono's faith.
Watching that video sort of made me feel like I was in church. And you know, that's the first time I've felt like I was in church since the last time I was in church, which was almost two years ago.
Bono sounds like a really good Pastor when he speaks about God. Really good Pastors seem to be few and far between these days, but if I could just find one as good as Bono, I'd probably be more inclinded to go back to church. That said, watching the video left me wanting to cry, pray, and go to church.

Moving on from that, my admiration for him grows even more. Besides the fact that he's absolutely adorable, he has a wonderful sense of humour, particularly when it comes to poking fun at himself.
He's smarter than much of his goofball behaviour (for the love of all things rock and roll, do not give this man a tambourine, because then he will dance) would lead others to believe. This man knows his stuff, not just the bible, but cold hard facts about the world.
I have friends that just seem to loathe him for some reason. They don't like his music, but even so, they wish he'd stick to it, and quit trying to save the world. At least he's trying to make the world a better place. At least he's using the spotlight he's been given to make a difference. How is that not admirable?
I'm so sick of hearing people suggesting that there's no point. That Africa is a lost cause. What kind of monsters would we be if we didn't try? Rome wasn't built in a day. Africa won't overcome disease and poverty overnight. You can't expect results overnight. If you're not willing to lay the foundation, the building will never be built.

...And I kind of just went on a rant there, sorry :reject:

I'll just end this by agreeing with many of you:

Barack Obama :love:

Back
Top Bottom