MERGED -> Bono guest-editer Vanity Fair+ Vanity Fair Special Africa: The cover shoots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Bono guest-editer Vanity Fair's special Africa

javiu2 said:
This info is from Vanity Fair web:

"Guest-edited by Bono, Vanity Fair's special Africa issue brings to life the stories and images of a complex and enchanting continent. More than merely advocating for change, the issue sheds light on Africa's unique economic and cultural mosaic. In this video, Bono and Graydon Carter talk about capturing the "adventure of Africa."

See the video

U2Miracle

The video is available to download from U2torrents:

http://u2torrents.com/torrents-details.php?id=3097

I'm going to have to wait until the end of June, at the earliest, to get this magazine. I hope get the one with Bono on the cover!! :drool:

BrownEyedBoy said:
What is up with Clooney looking so frail lately? That guy looks sick.

It's something to do with him spending 4 months filming about football so he's been working out every day :)

It said on MTV that it will be out in the UK in July :( another month.

Re: And here's your Fun PLEBA Fact of the Day

jobob said:
This is from Graydon Carter's Editor's Letter for the Vanity Fair Africa Issue, which can now be read on vanityfair.com:

"Interestingly, in what is now Ghana, there was once a mini-empire called Bono, ruled by kings called Bonohene."

This blows my mind.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bono_Manso :ohmy:

love2bmama said:
I think in the US it comes out next Tues, the 12th

I picked up my copy last night at Barnes & Noble. They only had a few left with Bono on the cover.

BonoFox came up with the idea to create a poster showcasing all the covers. I made two, one with Bono's covers first, and a second one showing them in proper working order. I plan to take it to Ritz and get it blown up to poster size :)

CCvf20.jpg

VF20.jpg

those would make a cool background for a Myspace profile, too. I just tried to use one in mine, but the way I have my profile designed, it covered up everything rather than putting the text in a box and the picture behind it :reject:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
risse!

that is the coolest idea! I :heart: the idea of making that into a poster! :drool: I would totally buy one!! :yes:

Vanity Fair offers a poster of the covers for new subscribers, but a 1-yr. subscription is pretty steep!

Somebody over in the Zoo posted that he/she has seen copies of the issue in several stores and newsstands in San Francisco, so if you're in a big city, you might be on the lookout for it already. My grocery store carries VF, but they didn't have the issue yet as of yesterday.

I bought a copy yesterday (I live in the Detroit area, and Target already has it). :hyper:

However, the Bono covers were already gone. :grumpy:

So I bought the Oprah/George Cllooney cover instead. May as well buy a cover with another good-looking man on it. :wink:

Buy the issue, even if you can't find a Bono cover. Bono's mentinoned throughout, all the covers are pictured within the issue, and the articles are excellent.

Last edited:
Borders had several with Madonna-no Bono. so I went a couple other places--the June issue still on the shelf. My issue with Bono/Condi-shipped today from Amazon & the other Bono cover ships the 14th. :|

I hope I will get a copy, too. So far I have got all the magazines, but it takes some time before they are available here. I want to have the two Bono covers, they are stunning. Apart from that, I am looking forward to a great and interesting read.

There was a German edition of VF made by Herbert Groenemeyer before the P8 concert which I also bought. There was a Bono interview in this magazine and also a lot of other interesting stuff. It was heavily promoted in Germany and came with 8 different covers of celebrities wearing the white band. No Bono on the cover, though, but still great stuff.

I got both the Bono covers tonight! They were at Vons grocery store. They had them at every checkout register. I thought it was interesting the way the magazines were placed in the shelves. As I flipped thru them I realized that they were all in order by the cover photo. in other words, they were arranged in the correct chain of people on the covers. So that must be the way they are being sure that every store receives all the covers, it looks like they are probably shipped with all the covers in order. As I went to each checkstand there were about 6 or 7 issues, all in order, then at the next stand the exact order continued until it started over again. Neat! Or I'm just easily amused. :rolleyes:

I ordered it thru Amazon - hopefully it comes through. I was at Rite-Aid Monday evening, and it was still the old issue with Bruce Willis. Was at Barnes & Nobles yesterday for some gifts, and they had the old one as well. Glad people are finding them in the stores!

I scored both the covers at Barnes & Noble, after having struck out at Borders and Inc. However, I got the last of the Bono covers...seems they only had one of each. And now they're MINE! :evil:

Since I got a little nervous, I ordered both of the Bono covers on amazon. It takes ages to ship, but at least I don't have to panick if I don 't get the magazine here. If I get it anyways, I will sell the extra copy to a fan who wasn't lucky enough to get the mag.

My aching feet! I went to 8 stores before I found Bono covers. My advice is to look in the supermarkets as they have the most copies. Good luck!

Ive only been able to find the Bono and Connie cover at Target so far..I think theyre hiding the Bono covers in the back:shifty:

they better not being hiding Bono, they'll have rioting plebans on their hands before long, lol!
I really don't want the Bondi cover, much rather have the one with him and Raina on it. So many places that sell VF, so hard to decide where to look! :shifty:

Val said:
My aching feet! I went to 8 stores before I found Bono covers. My advice is to look in the supermarkets as they have the most copies. Good luck!

Yes :yes: the big grocery stores. Vons/Safeway had all the covers and lots of them!

Back
Top Bottom